Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 6:01:51 PM EDT
Watching the preview on Spike TV. Any predictions?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I say Liddell, unless Cotoure gets lucky in the first round. The most recent fight I saw with Cotoure he did really bad, and this was against a nobody(at least to me). In the first round he did ok, was on top mostly, but I guess expecting to have a knockout, he punched himself out. Next couple rounds he didn't really do anyhing and almost got KO'ed, but was saved by he bell. He did win, but not by much. He's geting old, 40 couple may not seem like much, but being a fighter it seems like its been pretty hard on him; his knees are in bad shape, his kicks had nothing on them

Liddell seems to be at his best now, so unless Cotoure gets him in round 1, which doesn't seem likely, I see Liddell winning by knockout. But you never know, one lucky shot, and it can go either way.

Edit: heres a cool compilation:

www.filecabi.net/video/top-ufc-knockouts-2005.html
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#2]
If Couture takes it to the ground, he has a chance. If he tries like "2" to stand with Liddell, then same result, he gets KTFO.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I think Cotour was simply unlucky in the second fight to get a cut on the first shot.  The knockout punch came on that side of his face, and he obviously didn't see it at all.  I suspect his vision was screwed, but of course he has too much class to make excuses.  I think Cotour will surprise everyone and win.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I say its anyone's match......both guys are at the top of their games and it could go either way.

I'd like to see Coture win though.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess I don't know enough to make a prediction myself, but I think it could go either way. I like both of them, they both seem like stand-up guys and are great for the sport, as well as UFC.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm looking forward to the Hughes/Gracie fight than Chuck/Randy 3
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:38:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I am a huge fan of Royce. Watched him back in UFC 1 and loved how he owned guys twice his weight. The guy revolutionized the sport of MMA and is a living legend. That being said, Matt Hughes is going to destroy him. Hughes is at the prime of his career. Royce is brushing up against 40 and is no where near prime. I hope Royce pulls the victory, but Hughes is way too strong and young for him.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Chuck.

Man I can't wait until Saturday.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:53:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I think Cotour was simply unlucky in the second fight to get a cut on the first shot.  The knockout punch came on that side of his face, and he obviously didn't see it at all.  I suspect his vision was screwed, but of course he has too much class to make excuses.  I think Cotour will surprise everyone and win.

IIRC it wasn't a cut, lidell accidently gouged Cotours right eye while pushing off of him. The hit that almost knocked randy out was on that side, but the one that finally got him was on his left side.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I was not impressed with Chuck in Chuck/Horn II, Horn might not be the best fighter but hes got awesome defense and you can't knock that fucker out. That's not to say he's isn't a beast. Liddell has got to be the scariest man alive.

Chuck/Cotoure is too close for me to tell. I'd say chuck if they stay up, Cotoure if they goto the ground.

Hughes vs. Gracie. As much as I love Gracie, he's going to get destroyed. Submission vs ground and pounds don't work to well for the sub. if the pounders know subs. Hughes has great submissions, but is a pounder. That plus for the weightgroup Hughes is super strong.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Liddell in the first.  

Hughes/Gracie fight will be awesome.   Hughes is a serious warrior
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#15]
other than the Liddell vs Cotoure  fight, the rest of the fight card sucks. Im looking forward to UFC 58 with Franklin, St. Pierre on the card, Im sure it will be an overall better PPV than the up coming fight.

Also did you see Mike (I quit) Whitehead on the card, If he fight like he did on the show it not worth watching.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Randy in a decision.......
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I  have to with Chuck.  

Max
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am a huge fan of Royce. Watched him back in UFC 1 and loved how he owned guys twice his weight. The guy revolutionized the sport of MMA and is a living legend. That being said, Matt Hughes is going to destroy him. Hughes is at the prime of his career. Royce is brushing up against 40 and is no where near prime. I hope Royce pulls the victory, but Hughes is way too strong and young for him.

Hughes is an absolute stud in the octagon.

He takes out the legend and retains the title.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh yeah....and the Iceman stayeth...I think Chuck wins again...but Randy will make a better fight of it this time.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:14:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Chuck.

Gotta love him.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#21]
That truth of the matter is all the men listed live in secret fear that I will knock them out.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Chuck Norris would knock both of them out with one kick then make them wash his truck like well trained bitches.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:21:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Good old guy vs good younger guy..Iceman by KO. Chuck knows his stand up is better than Randys and he's going to avoid Randys takedowns or power up out of them like he did in the past.

Gracie vs Hughes....Matt is a beast but don't count Gracie out, if it goes to the ground Matt might be tapping quick.

MB
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:53:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Chuck Norris would knock both of them out with one kick then make them wash his truck like well trained bitches.

Yeah,Chuck Norris could take both Lidell and Cotoure,Hughes,Gracie and Shamrock ALL AT THE SAME TIME and pound them all into little wimpering kittens!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top