Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/30/2006 5:51:09 PM EDT
If so tell me your stories. Good, bad or ugly I want to hear them.

I worked with a guy that was audited at random and got nailed pretty hard for stuff, other than that I have never heard of anyone getting audited.

Just how common is it?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:18:30 PM EDT
Must be a slow night
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:22:06 PM EDT
yeah, still fighting 2002 audit.....bitch was either incompitent , stupid or evily crafty. she fuked my receipts all up and then said I didn't present my case well enough to rule in my favor. it's going all the way to court cause I'm within the law and right!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:22:30 PM EDT
I was audited in 1995, it cost me $2,700.00 more than I already paid in
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:00:13 AM EDT
I was audited for 1997 because I didn't take the EITC. The IRS thought that looked suspicious. I thought the audit would take 30 seconds since my entire collection of tax paperwork was a 1099 from work and a 1099 from my checking account, but it took three long days. The IRS agent was determined to find a mistake in my return to justify their time. I do several hundred returns a year and have been doing them for over 40 years, so I knew they would find nothing wrong. I wouldn't accept the EITC since that would have meant that I not only paid no federal taxes for that year, but it would mean I'd get money back. I finally accepted the check from them for the EITC since I literally thought they were going to get violent. Even if it means costing the IRS money, they're going to find or make-up something to justify their time. Just accept it and don't argue with it.z
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:35:08 AM EDT
I've never been audited and hope to God I never am. I always take the standard deductions.

I went to H&R Block for my taxes when I sold some stock.

I worked with a guy that was marked by the IRS. He was audited ever year for 6 years.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:59:09 AM EDT
What are these "Taxes" you speak of?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:08:56 AM EDT
The only reason I would get audited is my charitable contributions. I give a LOT of money to charity, WAY in excess of what the "norm" is. But I can easily go to church records and verify every penny I claim on my taxes.

Thusfar no audits. But my charitable contributions were almost double in 2005 what they were in 2006. I expect that sooner or later an IRS agent is going to demand that I show proof I actually gave that much.

Shouldn't be a problem. Get my bank transactions for a year and the church records, and show where every penny went.
Top Top