Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 4:34:46 PM EDT
Our local church had some grafitti sprayed on it last night. The symbol they painted looks like a backwards letter "N" with a longer line straight up through the center of the letter. They also wrote something like "watch out for the bear" or something like that. Anyone know what this means
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#1]
any pictures? sure it isn't a M?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#2]
It means you better go to church with a ccw.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Our local church had some grafitti sprayed on it last night. The symbol they painted looks like a backwards letter "N" with a longer line straight up through the center of the letter. They also wrote something like "watch out for the bear" or something like that. Anyone know what this means

Probably just kids being assholes......kids are pretty good at it.  Whatever those symbols purpotely may mean, or whatever "watch out fo the bear" means, in reality it means nothing.  Those kids wouldn't know symbology from biology.....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#4]
WOLVERINES!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#5]
sounds like the aryan nation symbol....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#6]
it's code for pie, i mean PI
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Is it like the "rune" at the top of the page here: www.dasreich.ca/ ?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Did someone say PIE??
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#9]

- BG
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
rexcurry.net/swastika2f.jpg

- BG

That's the symbol alright.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I bet it was those Lutherans down the street!

seriously probably a jackass kid(s) looking for attention
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Is this a black church or something?  What possible reason could anyone have for putting up that symbol?  Just paint over it and ignore it, it was probably just some black metal fans that take things a little too seriously.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

then check out timb3's post...  that site has it...  it's a neo-nazi thing.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:54:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

then check out timb3's post...  that site has it...  it's a neo-nazi thing.

It is very close to the Aryan nation symbol, as someone mentioned before.

- BG
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:54:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Is this a black church or something?  What possible reason could anyone have for putting up that symbol?  Just paint over it and ignore it, it was probably just some black metal fans that take things a little too seriously.  

No, it is not a black church. It is an Episcopal church with about 95% of the congregation being white.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:01:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Probably just some kids being stupid.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:02:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Umm, is this church catholic?

edit, read post above, do nazi's hate episcopal churches?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks like you have some Oklahoma Nazis in the area.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#19]
The 2nd Waffen SS division
Das Reich IIRC

Most likely you got some dumbass kids on your hands who did a report on the Nazis and saw what they thought was a badass symbol that wouldn't immeadiatly be recognized by most.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

[Elwood] I HATE Oklahoma Nazis![/Elwood]

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Do you mean the gay-loving, anti-Bush, abortions supporting Episcopal Church or the one that threw out the 1928 BCP and took the Battle Hymn of the Republic out of the Hymnal or the one that started ordaining women?   or the one the "teachers" at the local "Christian" school say is a satanic cult?  

I can't think of any reason why the nazis might not like them.

You sound like one of those Episcopalians like me.  I just stick around to see what crazy thing they come up with next.  (Most of the Diocese of Los Angeles thinks we are the local Nazis since we didn't support the "Free Tookie" resolution at the Convention.  They couldn't really call us Racists since it was our black delegate that stood up and asked the Chair, (paraphrasing)  WTF were they thinking? Had anybody seriously looked at the trail records and evidence?)

My vote is for stupid kids though.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#22]
I hate Illinois nazis

Hey, flocktards, hitler lost and killed himself, follow the leader..........
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Thats why I classify skinheads and <Racial slur removed -- Defcon> on the same level...

How is it racial, do you automatically percieve it as meaning blacks, because I define a porch monkey as any person who gets high on a moldy couch on a porch and sells drugs or their asshole at night.  Ive known blacks, hispanics, asians, and even whites (majority of porch monkeys Ive known) that fit this lifestyle.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:26:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:29:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Thats why I classify skinheads and <Racial slur removed -- Defcon> on the same level...

What's a <Racial slur removed -- Defcon>?

Just askin.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:29:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Car, PM or call me, I can prolly get some info on this for ya. I have some folks who know folks at the Duncan PD.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably just kids being assholes......kids are pretty good at it.  Whatever those symbols purpotely may mean, or whatever "watch out fo the bear" means, in reality it means nothing.  Those kids wouldn't know symbology from biology.....

The word is symbolism...symbolism  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:48:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are many different forms of words to match usuage, I believe he had\has it right
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Duncan, Duncan?  You don't happen to know Harry and Jean Messenheimer do you?  I was going to joke that Harry was an interesting Oklahoma Episcopalian.  Maybe you can ask him to play you his Johnny Cash Everybody Loves a Nut album.   They were very good friends of my parents and more or less introduced them.  Harry was a record holding Swimmer at USC. Ask him how he feels about the SC -Texas game.

I visited them about 2 years ago and they took me to the Mears BBQ and the Washita(sp?) Wildlife Refuge.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:14:41 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are many different forms of words to match usuage, I believe he had\has it right

Symbology: the study of symbols

Biology: the study of Biofgraphies    ( just kidding )
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:54:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kind of makes me feel like Riverdancing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:03:18 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Nazis hate everybody.

If you are black or Jewish, then you are attempting to destroy the white man.

If you are white and aren't on their side, then you are a traitor to your race and have to be exterminated too.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:38:14 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

it was treadheads! damn army tankers!

somehow, i can't see kids doing this as a prank. how many kids know about aryan nations or the 2nd ss panzer regt??? if it was kids, it was kids who are dabbling in white supremacy...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:46:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Youd be surprised what white trash kids know about the nazis and White Supremacy, especially here, where we are too far south to be Yankees, and too far north to be Southern, we are simply trash. Racism runs rampant, but its usually not organized.

I spoke to CAR-AR. I advised him that as far as we know, there are no organized factions of neo-nazis or white supremacists in this county, or even in the adjoining counties. People here simply dont have the drive to organize..they are too busy watching wrestling and going to jail for hot checks.

My money is on some kids with the internet, who think they are gonna be cool. The church is not in a bad partof town by any means. I will make some phone calls tonight when I go on duty. I will see if I can dig something up for him, and ya'll.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:27:08 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

*gets the reference*

lol....  "And now that Duffy has relinquished his King Bonehead crown, I see we have an heir to the throne!"
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:00:00 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you mean the gay-loving, anti-Bush, abortions supporting Episcopal Church or the one that threw out the 1928 BCP and took the Battle Hymn of the Republic out of the Hymnal or the one that started ordaining women?   or the one the "teachers" at the local "Christian" school say is a satanic cult?  

You sound like one of those Episcopalians like me.  I just stick around to see what crazy thing they come up with next.  (Most of the Diocese of Los Angeles thinks we are the local Nazis since we didn't support the "Free Tookie" resolution at the Convention.  They couldn't really call us Racists since it was our black delegate that stood up and asked the Chair, (paraphrasing)  WTF were they thinking? Had anybody seriously looked at the trail records and evidence?)

Reading this thread, I was going to say,"bring your CCW to church", but the Episcopal Church  doesn't like guns or gunowners. Whachoodoin' there, dawg?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:27:42 AM EDT
[#38]
That symbol is the Gibor rune, also known as 'Wolfsangel' (wolf hook). The Wolfsangel is believed to possess powers to ward off wolves. In the 15th century it was adopted by peasants during their revolt against the mercenaries of the German Princes, and was thereafter regarded as a symbol of liberty and independence.

Just like the Swastika, it used to have a positive meaning until the Nazis adopted it for their ends.

ETA: There is also a Wikipedia entry: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfsangel
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Reading this thread, I was going to say,"bring your CCW to church", but the Episcopal Church  doesn't like guns or gunowners. Whachoodoin' there, dawg?

My Dad used to carry his CW under his robes as a Lay Reader and LEM before there were officially LEMs.  Well his whole uniform was under the robes including gunbelt, so maybe that really doesn't count as CW.  Our Parish was one cited several times by the BlacK Panthers as a target for involuntary donation of the offering. Our Bishop was told quite firmly by his secretary that any anti-gun pronouncements would need to be typed by somebody else because she would be gone.  since the Diocese would collapse without her he kept quiet.  My son grew up in what were the most moderate parishes in the Diocese of Los Angeles, mostly because most of the conservative parishes had already left.  He says that they are quite liberal compared to the Parishes he has attended in South Carolina.  I spect your parishes in OK are much closer to the SC (South Carolina) parishes than the SC (Southern California) parishes in many ways.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

*gets the reference*

lol....  "And now that Duffy has relinquished his King Bonehead crown, I see we have an heir to the throne!"

A huge fuckin Guy
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

*gets the reference*

A fuckin Guy

<----------------It's like a scumbag yard sale  

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I hate Oklahoma Nazis.......

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

That is a sankofite.  "Watch out for the bear" means that Shardik's Beam is breaking.  Be prepared for the Prim to wash away the worlds.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:18:08 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

eta: AWWWW I was beat a while ago lol.. Screencaps can be a bitch to find ... and not even the right guy.. :[
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm an expert in Nameology!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#46]
I'd CCW to church. Might be some dumbass kids playing a prank, might be something a little more sinister. Hope for the best, expect the worst.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
WOLVERINES!!!!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top