Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 3:38:39 PM EDT
I'm thinking of getting a 500.

Anybody reasons I should'nt get a John Deere?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:43:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Same thing as a Kawasaki.  Nothing wrong.....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
No they are a bombardier, made in cananda
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:47:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No they are a bombardier, made in cananda

You sure? I kow that kawasaki and Deere are partners in alot of the stuff Deere sells.....

Nothing wrong with Bombardier either.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#4]
just get a Honda
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
just get a Honda

Na, YAMAHA....

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Made by Bombardier, they has some recall last year also..
www.consumeraffairs.com/recalls04/bombardier_atv.html
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#7]
You are all wrong...SUZUKI

By the way.....Be careful on any machine! Went trail riding yesterday in Michaux(Sp?) State Forest in Pa. Great trails, some were very technical. Along the way a good friend of mine wracked up his Grizzly 660 pretty bad! Got him a overnight stay in the local hospital. Broke his arm in three places and broke rib #7. His arm is by far the worst brake I have ever seen! He had 2 90 degree bends between the elbow and wrist.

Ride Safe,
Sean
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Does John Deere make anything for itself anymore?

My father in law bought a trimmer a couple years ago, turns out it's a fucking HOMELITE! The absolutey cheapest POS company out there. What a crock. When a company starts rebranding shit, and not taking responsibility for it, I refuse to buy their junk.

Bombardier makes a decent quad, but there are better on the market. Honda & Suzuki are a better choice, IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#9]
They are made by bombardier.  They arent bad, I still prefer honda or yamaha.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Does John Deere make anything for itself anymore?

Lots of money..
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Nah your all still wrong, get a polaris.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Now THAT is funny!

If there's a brand to fear, it's Polaris.

I know 4 guys who own Polaris, and every last one of them has had issues....from total engine death to nickle and dime crap, but none are happy. I have owned 2 Hondas and neither has ever seen the inside of a service department, or broken a major component.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Oh man that was good.....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:08:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh man that was good.....

I'll never own another Polaris quad again.I had to replace the engine twice in my 99 500 Sportster.
The Polaris only had a 6 month warranty
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I heard they are weak POS from several people who own them.

My Dad has a Polaris and it rans better then any other brand out there while at the huntin club, did the best in the mud and on those freezing cold morning it cranked right up no problems, every other brand out there had trouble. He just oils the chain on it every now and then, its gettin on in age now but still no problems other then the brakes are going out and my starter is out. With one pull it cranks with the pull crank so I never changed the starter yet.

(Its a sportsman 300, prolly around 5-7 years old now.)

I hear alot of people complain bout them but maybe we just got lucky with ours, no complaints other then it being a little loud and its chain drive.

I have a Suzuki, yes I would buy another one.  

I personally have never been impressed with the overrated Honda, Polaris and Suzukis outpull emm in the mud, I also never liked the way Hondas engines ran I've ridden alot of them over the years but I've never really been impressed.

My first choice if I would buy would be get a Suzuki, then Polaris.

I'd ridden every brand 4 wheeler extensively I just prefer the above cause they have been good to me and they have performed better then others. I ride emm pretty hard, but we always keep good care of them when we are done ridding and run the best fuel in it.

Also look into Artic Cat, never ridden alot of them but I heard good things about emm.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:24:16 PM EDT
[#16]
another vote for polaris!

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:30:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Now I have to go find the pic of our Polaris that literally burned to the ground...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:29:12 AM EDT
[#18]
John Deere ATV = Bombardier.  I've always heard trade in and such on a bombardier sucks.  Generally though, any trade in on an ATV sucks.  I'd imagine one is just as good as the rest.  I bought a Kawasaki, no problems at all.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#19]
As far as atv's go the JD's sure do look fugly...but then again, its not about looks when your 50 miles from a paved road.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:00:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Here are some updated pics of my new tires and wheels

So what did you end up getting?

Sean
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top