Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/30/2006 2:28:01 PM EDT
Snopes says it's real but it looks staged to me....

Warning for the squeemish GRAPHIC:

www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/interrogate.asp
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:28:58 PM EDT
[#1]
It's real.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#3]
What is it?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:31:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What is it?

It's the guy in the interrogation room that shoots himself in the head.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What is it?

Guy blows brains out in interrogation room, seen it before
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:33:03 PM EDT
[#6]
It's real.

But what I find more shocking is that the conspiracy nuts are saying the PD deliberately handed the gun back to him and encouraged him to commit suicide
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I love that one!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#9]
that was a good laugh the 1st time i saw it...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:36:04 PM EDT
[#10]
WTF? Leave a guy (perp) alone with a gun?

Pretty damn stupid!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#11]
What the eff... talk about not caring?  Perhaps he was going to the 44 virgins that await him?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#12]
haha, Darwin wins again.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:39:55 PM EDT
[#14]
He saved us a hell of a lot of tax money.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:40:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Crazy.

ETA: Anyone else think of "The Runner" when they saw that?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Pretty damn stupid!

IIRC, he was passed off several times to different officers, after shooting a cop. They took the gun he used to shoot the cop, and everybody assumed that someone else patted him down.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What the eff... talk about not caring?  Perhaps he was going to the 44 virgins that await him?

IIRC, he was an illegal immigrant, and with a name like Ricardo Alfonso Cerna, I would assume he was Mexican and not Muslim.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#19]
notice the grown/moan come out of him after shooting himself, guess it's a natural reaction to the brain stopping it's function.

and ETA, it's not that graphic.  I don't think there's an exit wound, am I wrong?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#20]
It's definitely the real McCoy!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

+1   I bet thats what it was
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:51:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
notice the grown/moan come out of him after shooting himself, guess it's a natural reaction to the brain stopping it's function.

and ETA, it's not that graphic.  I don't think there's an exit wound, am I wrong?

I think some of the groan was gases exiting the sinuses that were just shattered.  Did anyone else hear the blood pouring out near the end?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:51:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
It's definitely the real McCoy!

+1

I have the full video somewhere, it's real alright.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#24]
That might be an exit wound right below his right ear.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:30:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Is it just me or if you had a gun why wouldn't you try to take a cop hostage or try to escape, he could have really caught the cops with their pants down.

Why give up and end it 99% of the time you are going to die anyways but a .45 to the head= sure end.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:33:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#27]
paging dupe POLICE>
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Is it just me or if you had a gun why wouldn't you try to take a cop hostage or try to escape, he could have really caught the cops with their pants down.

Not a good idea. Just shot a cop, In cop central, guess he thought he was going to be someone's gurlfriend and said fuck it. No way he was leaving with a hostage or fighting his way out. Must have figured all things considered fuck it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:46:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
How the heck did he get a pistol into the room?  

He seems to have carried it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure it is. If you watch, after a moment, that's where the blood comes streaming out on that side, not the ear itself, but a pooint next to it.

Notice that even with a .45, his head didn't blow up, and he was not blown out of the chair. Good little point to know for those among us who carry firearms.

To make this a useful thread, note this: from the shot until the end of the video, he was twitching. If you've ever shot a deer or large animal, if you find them very soon after death, they will twitch for a while.    REMEMBER THIS! If you are ever involved in a shooting, don't sit and watch the perp afterwards. They will twitch just like that, because the body doesn't yet know completely that the brain is dead. A shooting is traumatic enough, but watching that shit right there after you did it, will drive you crazy.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Pretty damn stupid!

I got this video a while ago from a friend in LE.
He said the PD in the video had brought the guy in to talk about a relatively minor issue, which is why the door was open, and why they brought him water.
They didn't bother searching him, and apparently the guy just decided to pop himself.
They said he had some issues.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#32]
I would love to see the reporting of this to the OIC/Chief....nice search!

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#33]
It's real alright. Why would anyone think that's fake? It's totally obvious in every way that it's real.

I have the full video here

- rem
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Fuck... holy fuck... what did he do?... nobody shook him... son of a bitch...

Gunshot indoors will be earsplitting. The cam mic just won't pick up the dB properly. Stupid Snopes got it wrong.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty damn stupid!

IIRC, he was passed off several times to different officers, after shooting a cop. They took the gun he used to shoot the cop, and everybody assumed that someone else patted him down.

Exactly...+1
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#37]
at least he didnt want to make a mess and put the cap back on the water bottle.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#38]
It is too bad %90 of the other shitheads dont do the same thing.  

Then.... the LEOs could even sell the handgun for a profit.    Nothing like making a monetary profit off of taking a bad guy/perp off the streets.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Gunshot indoors will be earsplitting. The cam mic just won't pick up the dB properly. Stupid Snopes got it wrong.

You can tell the loudness difference in an indoor to outdoor range.  I would NEVER EVER want to have to hear an indoor shot.  That would be so LOUD!  I tried shooting a mag without ear plugs at an outdoor range on my .45 and my ears rang for about 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can tell the loudness difference in an indoor to outdoor range.  I would NEVER EVER want to have to hear an indoor shot.  That would be so LOUD!  I tried shooting a mag without ear plugs at an outdoor range on my .45 and my ears rang for about 15 minutes.

I know a 223 in a  bed room is pretty damn loud.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#41]
lol a .22 stuffed in a pillow is pretty loud inside too !!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Well we got this as a training video a year or so ago. The video was released in court because the citizens claimed the police executed this guy. It was a traffic stop for an infraction which initiated the pursuit. Once the guy stoppped he exited and engaged the officer with this same .45. He shot the officer in his patrol car several times and fled on foot. He was observed stealing or changing t-shirt blocks away and citizens called 911. He was apprehended and taken in for questioning since there were no witnesses onscene. He was searched (the training part) on the street but obviously his crotch was checked well. The officer survived but I belive he was forced to retire based on his injuries. The whole thing could have gotten worse if he had come out of the room shooting. But by the grace of God.....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Cowboy up.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Not a good idea. Just shot a cop, In cop central, guess he thought he was going to be someone's gurlfriend and said fuck it. No way he was leaving with a hostage or fighting his way out. Must have figured all things considered fuck it.

Something similar to this happend in Michigan several years ago.  The cops bring in a suspect, he pulls a gun from his pants inside the station, shoots and kills a cop.  So what do the police do?  They go after the legal registered owner, Michigan requires all handguns to be registered, and charge him because he sold the gun and the new buyer didn't complete all the steps of the registration process, the new buyer then had the gun stolen from him by the suspect stole the gun from the guy he sold it to.  Makes sense doesn't it?  The police mess up so they blame it on the law abiding citizen as a way to shift blame from their own incompetence.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure it is. If you watch, after a moment, that's where the blood comes streaming out on that side, not the ear itself, but a pooint next to it.
In remedy's full version, this exit wound on the right side of the neck is evident as a dark spot immediately under the right ear at time 10:47:36.

Notice that even with a .45, his head didn't blow up, and he was not blown out of the chair. Good little point to know for those among us who carry firearms.
At time 10:47:24, it appears that the right eye is bulged out from the shot. With my monitor's resolution, no other trauma was noted to the head.
A shooting is traumatic enough, but watching that shit right there after you did it, will drive you crazy.

A valid point but a lot of the movement in this video was from gravity. Going to have to debate you on this particular point about not watching being a given. You may want to consider watching them due to the number of goblins that may be using meth or angel dust that could come back to life zombie style on you.  YMMV depending on whether you KNOW that they aren't going to survive the wounds that you had to inflict to stop them.

Granted, in this particular video, the goblin wasn't going anywhere with a .452" hole through his head. That is why I carry a G36 now instead of a P239 in 9mm. But if they go down with a COM 9x19mm shot, you may be asking for trouble by not continuing to cover them until help arrives. Hopefully, others more knowledgeable will chime in with some helpful advice on this particular part of handling a shooting incident.

Respectfully,

wganz

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
That's old, and real.

+1..........and that is why we always pat down ppl we arrest, techniques of arrest 101
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In remedy's full version, this exit wound on the right side of the neck is evident as a dark spot immediately under the right ear at time 10:47:36.

At time 10:47:24, it appears that the right eye is bulged out from the shot. With my monitor's resolution, no other trauma was noted to the head.
A shooting is traumatic enough, but watching that shit right there after you did it, will drive you crazy.

A valid point but a lot of the movement in this video was from gravity. Going to have to debate you on this particular point about not watching being a given. You may want to consider watching them due to the number of goblins that may be using meth or angel dust that could come back to life zombie style on you.  YMMV depending on whether you KNOW that they aren't going to survive the wounds that you had to inflict to stop them.

Granted, in this particular video, the goblin wasn't going anywhere with a .452" hole through his head. That is why I carry a G36 now instead of a P239 in 9mm. But if they go down with a COM 9x19mm shot, you may be asking for trouble by not continuing to cover them until help arrives. Hopefully, others more knowledgeable will chime in with some helpful advice on this particular part of handling a shooting incident.

Respectfully,

wganz

You, sir, pointed out my error. (asshole)  You are correct, your survival comes before anything else. I simply pointed out the twitching because it was pointed out to me by more than one new guy, who did not know that they will do that(and they will for up to 5 or 6 minutes after brain death) I have seen it REALLY freak out people who were not expecting it, the the point of traumatizing at least one.

Hijack: We responded to a body, very fresh, but laying on his side. When the detectives went to roll him into the bag, the detective at the head end, not normally a squeamish guy, was acting a bit..."wierd." They rolled him and picked him up, and in doing so, somehow a muscle contracted or something and the arm jerked and slapped him on the side of the head! They told me that you could see smoke in the tracks he was making out the door!

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:21:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Dupe.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:27:56 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Pretty damn stupid!

They didn't know he had the gun it was down his pants.  He had killed an officer and they had taken a loaded .45 from him.  He calmly took a drink of the water they gave him, pulled another .45 and shot himself in the head.  No way they knew he had it and allowed it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#50]
I was clearing the house where a triple homicide had occured.  All three bodies were still inside while myself and another officer swept the building for suspects and/or more bodies.  The entire time, we could hear one of the victims in the front making a "brrr" "brr" "Brrr" sound while he bled out.  When the EMTs arrived they took him out and he lived for a couple more hours.  Each person had been shot in the head execution style.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top