Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 1:20:54 PM EDT

So my younger brother and I were talking about illegal aliens and the Mexican border.  As we talked he said something that I thought as a pretty good idea.  "MINE THE BORDER".  It is very simple and I would think it would be very effective.  Put anti personnel and anti vehicular mines all along the border.  Mark the whole line with bilingual and pictorial signs so everyone knows what stands between the two countries.  This would be far less expensive than a fence (I think) and far more effective.  If you wanted to be really cheep you would not need to do the whole border, just strategic locations but put the signs down the whole thing.  So aside from a lot of libs freaking out what are the problems with this solution?    
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The old solution:

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#2]
We should clone these things for the borders:

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know how many times I've said it so I'll say it again:

50ft tall chain link fence, 20ft underground......electrified with a couple hundred thousand volts.

Of course there'd be that awful burnt taco smell in the air
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Get rid of welfare and they won't even want to come here.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Bad idea and will never, ever, ever happen.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone think of making up a bunch of Chucuraba (SP?) suits and paying people to run up and down the border at twilight in them. I'll bet that and a few chunks of animal flesh strewn around major crossings would have an effect.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#7]
We won't get it under control until we go after the American citizens who are hiring them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#8]
1st, it is Chupacabra which is as real as barney.  It is also not just the mexican border.  There is also a problem with Canada.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:54:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Get rid of welfare and they won't even want to come here.

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner here.  If we stop providing services to them they will stop coming.  That means no medical care unless they can pay for it, no schooling for their kids, no welfare, no anchor babies, no food stamps, nothing.  We also need to put employers in prison for hiring them.  The hell with fines.  The company pays them.  

The fence or wall is a bad idea.  Those ingeneous fuckers will find a way over or under it.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I think getting rid of welfare etc is fine but that will never happen.

I thought my brother had a damn good idea, even though it will neer happen eather.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#11]
All the good solutions to the border problem are far too practical to be feasible.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#12]
To true.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:30:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
1st, it is Chupacabra which is as real as barney.  It is also not just the mexican border.  There is also a problem with Canada.  

There are Chupacabras in Canada?!?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Perp walks. Employers who knowingly hire illegals. Start with a few Waltons. Of course, there are already laws on the books, but they aren't enforced. So maybe the Chupacabras might not be such a bad idea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top