Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/30/2006 9:29:14 AM EDT
All I can say is

You guys are going to laugh yur ass off when you see it in real life.

Chevy is SCREWED.

The new model looks EXACTLY like the new explorer/expedition line.

WHy would they do this??

Now who is going to buy a chevy when you could get the same rig (Now looks and all) from ford for less $$$.

Bye Bye chevy, this was the rig that has been keeping you afloat the last 10 years, now you're sunk.

Long time chevy fan here, this is the straw that broke the camels back for me.

When I buy a full size rig, ford all the way now.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:31:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Considering that the new Camaro is apparently going to look the current mustang with a different front end, I can't say I am surprised.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I disagree MillerSHO.

I think the new 'Hoe is a very smart ride that is designed around what the people want - unlike most of what GM's been putting out recently. GM is copying from DaimlerChrysler liberally on this ride (slabsided looks mainly) but that's OK, just put out original things too.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:38:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Too bad they dont look hardly anything like what Ford makes.  

They dont look good by any means but they sure dont look like Ford.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The new model looks EXACTLY like the new explorer/expedition line.

I saw that on their OnStar commercial and the guy goes out to look at his diamond white Tahoe.  I paused it and told my wife to tell me what truck that is....

She said, "It looks like Dad's Explorer."

I told her it was the new Tahoe and she just laughed and said, "So it's the Chevy Explorer? "

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#5]
double tap....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:41:44 AM EDT
[#6]
double post
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:47:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Too bad they dont look hardly anything like what Ford makes.  

They dont look good by any means but they sure dont look like Ford.

They look more like Ford, than they look like a new Chevy.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#9]
As Tahoe owners, we got the color brochure in the mail last month.
Wife wants one,    just as soon as this one was paid off.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#10]
How about the new "PT Cruiser".

www.chevrolet.com/hhr/

Samuel
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Did anyone else notice that every actor in the 2007 Chevy Tahoe commercial is black....   with the exception of the guy loading their luggage for them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I like it, it's American!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:19:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Did anyone else notice that every actor in the 2007 Chevy Tahoe commercial is black....   with the exception of the guy loading their luggage for them.

Targeted ad, don't get your dander up. There will be "white" commercials too. FWIW they did the same thing with the Jeep Commander launch last year.

Start paying more attention to advertising and you'll see that every single actor in an ad is targeted to someone. They put the kind of people in an ad that they want to buy the product (with certain exceptions... they skew the actors young and hot often because no matter how old we are, we like to think we're young and hot )
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:21:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

www.chevrolet.com/hhr/

Samuel

WTF! Thats just insane.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:23:54 AM EDT
[#15]
They are doing the same thing to the suburban.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#16]
The only way it looks like an Explorer, is the back-back window.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

www.chevrolet.com/hhr/

I've been calling it the "GM Cruiser."

So GM's sheetmetal is looking like Ford's... I wonder if GM is getting away from the Fisher-Price "My First Automobile Interior" they have done for the past 20 years.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
www.motiontrends.com/2005/m10eng/gm/chevytahoeltzfs.jpg

That pic doesn't do what I'm saying justice.

You guys just have to see in real life.

I've seen many pictures of them over the last 2 weeks but those pictures did not prepare me for what I was about to see in real life.

GL Chevy, your pensioners are going to need it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#19]
I just bought an '06 Tahoe in December.  Kinda wanted to wait until the new ones were out to look at them, but needed the tax write off for 2005.

I really like my '06 Z71.  Much nicer than the '99 Tahoe it replaced.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Was this opinion formed from pictures or real life?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
www.motiontrends.com/2005/m10eng/gm/chevytahoeltzfs.jpg

Looks like a cross between the Escalade and the Trailblazer.

I hate it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#22]
I wonder if it will have the Explorers 'automatic rollover' feature.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Completely from photos, as I'm in Iraq right now and have been deployed for about 4mos. now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#24]
I can still remember the day Chevy departed the norm in the early 80s and rounded and streamlined the pickup truck. Remember the first Ford that came out after that? Looked like a brick that had a router taken to it to bullnose the edges. That was the last I remember Chevy being out front with auto design. I thought the 80s Camero was stylin' as well but now you can hardly tell them all apart.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Completely from photos, as I'm in Iraq right now and have been deployed for about 4mos. now.

Hope you werent planning on spending that fine tax free pay on a new tahoe .

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Oh yeah... Didn't that model come standard with the flaming tire heater?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:57:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Looks fine to me.

What's the big deal?  Still the same truck, they'll sell by the thousands like they always have.

In fact, it's a LOT better from the front than this years...  and that pickup front end!  What were they thinking there?

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeah... Didn't that model come standard with the flaming tire heater?

+1. It's those little extras that make me run away from want to get a Ford!

Been driving GM since I was 16, will more than likely keep doing so until Toyota buys them out.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:00:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hope you werent planning on spending that fine tax free pay on a new tahoe .

Hahaha, tax free.  

They still havent gotten around to it and its been 2.5mos since we got here.  They just started to give some of it back but meh.

And no, I dont want a full-size SUV nor the bad gas mileage.  I do want a S-10 ZR2 or ZR2 Blazer though.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:04:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Maybe it will come with chevy's Standard features like:

TSB Carry over: This is where they have a tech service bulletins that should be recalls but they decide to not fix the recall and keep it hush hush and just roll the recall over into even the newer models.

Magical reliable parts: This is where they end up charging you more for the rig cause it uses better parts and yet for some reason your starter died just as fast as the Ford's did.

The list goes on.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:05:00 PM EDT
[#31]
LOL give you a hundred take back ninetynine....

Somehow they decided i owe them $1000.00 last month . I feel your pain.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Looks fine to me.

What's the big deal?  Still the same truck, they'll sell by the thousands like they always have.

In fact, it's a LOT better from the front than this years...  and that pickup front end!  What were they thinking there?

See my thing with Chevy has been they charge you more for your rig and yet it's not any nicer or any more reliable then the similar fords in any way.

Now that the body style looks like a Ford, why even bother with chevy anymore??
Why pay more?

The very least they could have done is came up with the body style before Ford did.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:00:40 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks fine to me.

See my thing with Chevy has been they charge you more for your rig and yet it's not any nicer or any more reliable then the similar fords in any way.

Why pay more?

The very least they could have done is came up with the body style before Ford did.

So how exactly does it look like a Ford?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:15:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

TSB Carry over: This is where they have a tech service bulletins that should be recalls but they decide to not fix the recall and keep it hush hush and just roll the recall over into even the newer models.

Magical reliable parts: This is where they end up charging you more for the rig cause it uses better parts and yet for some reason your starter died just as fast as the Ford's did.

The list goes on.

Do you have a tahoe now?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks fine to me.

Why pay more?

Well sir when they make a car the have this thing called sheet metal and plastic.
These items are formed into a shape giving the body a certain look all it's own.

Manufactures spent alot of time and money create a look all of their own all in the bounds of functionality.

This model has it's sheetmetal and plastic formed  into shapes and lines that almost replicate the Ford explorer/Expedition line.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The list goes on.

Do you have a tahoe now?

Yes a 01.

We've had it for almost 2 years now.

No major problems but it has a bunch of little things wrong with it and the power window motor died compleltely on one of the only days we had any snow or ice this year.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#37]

Laugh all you want to but go to a dealer and try to find one. They are going out the door as fast as they can get them off the transports.  The Tahoe looks a lot like the Isuzu Ascender (or what ever they call it) and I believe they are built on the same chassis.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:58:59 PM EDT
[#38]
You guys don't know what you're talking about.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#39]
I think it looks ok
yuppies still need something to drag the boat around  and a exploder is just a bit too small
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:42:46 PM EDT
[#40]
You guys need to check out the Motor Trend article on them.  The body styling changes got the a 12% increase in mileage and they significantly beat the Exploder.  

I got a '06 in December, partly to get the great deals (and one of these years GM is going to figure out that I'm not really supposed to get the GM Employee/Retiree prices) and the wifes car decided to give up the ghost.

Although I liked most of the changes, I wasn't all that thrilled to be in the first year of the new V-8/V-4 engine, so I went for the '06.

And I've seen a few of the new Jeep Commanders.  No matter what the ads say about them being bigger, they are about the size of the Wagoneer.  And they don't look all that great.  They and the Trailblazers aarea nice size but when 4 in your family are over 6 feet tall they don't hack it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:48:00 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks fine to me.

Why pay more?

Well sir when they make a car the have this thing called sheet metal and plastic.
These items are formed into a shape giving the body a certain look all it's own.

Manufactures spent alot of time and money create a look all of their own all in the bounds of functionality.

This model has it's sheetmetal and plastic formed  into shapes and lines that almost replicate the Ford explorer/Expedition line.

So, suffice to say, you cant really point out how it looks similar?

And so what about the power window motor?  My mom's Taurus window died less than 2 years after got it.  Electrical parts are going to fail, no matter what vehicle they're in.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:29:54 PM EDT
[#42]
My wife drives a loaded '03 Yukon and we have had 0 problems so far. I sat in the new Tahoe today and really liked it. Has tons of new features like a power rear door and power folding second row seats. I like the style and the interior is sharp.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:54:42 PM EDT
[#43]
This confirms my distaste for GM styling of the last 10 years.

Only the Vette looks like it wasn't pushed out of an anus and given wheels.

But hey, at least they mostly run.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:57:13 PM EDT
[#44]
I miss the old 2 door, fullsize  Blazers...  
~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:57:22 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Although I liked most of the changes, I wasn't all that thrilled to be in the first year of the new V-8/V-4 engine, so I went for the '06.

+1. I'm not beta-testing for anybody.

I picked up a '06 Envoy a few months back. I was thinking about getting the 8/4 (option on the XL or XUV or whateverthehell they call it now), but the 4.2 is tested by now, so I stuck with the SLT.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:07:30 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks fine to me.

Why pay more?

So, suffice to say, you cant really point out how it looks similar?

And so what about the power window motor?  My mom's Taurus window died less than 2 years after got it.  Electrical parts are going to fail, no matter what vehicle they're in.

Geez let the excuses begin.

Please don't compare a taurus to a Tahoe cause you're proving my point further.

Why pay more for the same thing esp now that it looks the same.

You're speaking as the the Tahoe's success is JUST BECAUSE it is a Chevy. That's the same stupid attitude that has gotten chevy in the mess that they're in.

IT WAS THE LOOK for goodness sake.
Why do you think they never adopted that ugly truck front end when all the other full size rigs received it?

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:11:57 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Why pay more for the same thing esp now that it looks the same.

Because one of those 'same things' doesn't have a track record of flipping over and/or bursting into flames?

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:18:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Flipping over as in overcoming gravity?

So the new tahoe comes equiped with break breaking gravity manipulation?

Can't comment much on the flames, cause that is pretty F'd up but I would never buy one worrying about that. I'm sure legalities come into play there and people are well taken care of.

You can have your overpriced chevys.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:23:26 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Flipping over as in overcoming gravity?

Flipping as in 'Happens so much it gets its own website.'

You can have your overpriced chevys.

I prefer GMC, but thanks, Chevy will do in a pinch.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:32:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Sounds like a bunch of retards if you ask me.

It's idiots like this that make Ford go to lower suspensions and IRS in a friggen full size rig.

That's like me creating a hate chevy website cause my 95 blazer would have flipped also cause the suspension is a bit higher and has a solid axle.

We're well on our way to idiot proofing the world.

Dumbasses and all in the name of $$$ and lack of personal responsibity or even the fact that shit happens. Always has to be SOMEBODIES fault.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top