Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 7:39:56 AM EDT
Ok...lets have some fun...

We have all heard this BS from countless people....at every gun show, in bars, from idiots in general. Lets hear your best "My buddy is a SEAL and he says...." story.

I can start with a recent example. Just this week a coworker was telling me about his brother, who is a "Delta force commando". I was told that he has stories that would blow me away. There was of course, the default statement, "I dont know if you know this or not, but what my brother does is so top secret, the government denies the existence of Delta force, so that they have plausible deniability".

I had a hard time not laughing.
Anyone charged with secret info has earned that position by not being the kind of person to go shooting their mouth off about all the top secret stuff they know.
But then again, what do I know...my brother isnt an elite commando.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:43:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Once had a fella tell me he was a SpecOps Sniper -  No Shit he's said the following:

"I shot a coffee cup out of Saddams hand during the first Gulf War"

"I once kicked the shit out of a room full of Marines, and when the MPs showed up, they drew their guns on me....I disarmed the MP with a quick wrist flip and pointed it at his head."

Last I've heard of this guy, the parents of some girl gave him $500 and told him to buy a plane ticket, and never come back. LOL
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah i know a co-worker who let me in on a couple things, still can't tell if its BS or true??
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:47:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Once had a fella tell me he was a SpecOps Sniper -  No Shit he's said the following:

"I shot a coffee cup out of Saddams hand during the first Gulf War"

"Uh, hey MORON, why didn't you shoot him, instead of his Starbucks?"
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:51:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

"Uh, hey MORON, why didn't you shoot him, instead of his Starbucks?"

Asked him that - Said, he wanted to "toy" with him first, but he got pulled out of his position before he had a chance to cap him.  I asked him what weapon he was using - yeah, of course, definitely a .50BMG

Oh yeah, another gem from the same idiot - Had my Blackwater shirt on - "Those Blackwater guys will kill you in your sleep 'cause they don't report to no one."
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:54:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Had a guy at a local sporting goods store tell me that his dad (SF of course) was popping VC from a mile out with his CAR-15. They evidently had knowledge nobody else had for 10 or so years and custom loaded their own ammo that was lethal and accurate to a mile... from a 16" barrel.

(FWIW the guy he worked with didn't buy it either...)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top