User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I would waste all of my time bragging here on arfcom
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#2]
i would build a 50-foot wall surrounding all of West Virgina and have every one of them sterilized
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#3]
There’s so much, where to begin…

Amend the Constitution so that every single Federal law would expire after five years. That way Congress would have to spend time renewing essential laws and would have less time for foolishness.

I would completely change how the House of Representatives works. The Election would be a national one and seats would be divided up based on how many total votes a particular party got. (If the Libertarians get 15% of the national vote they get 15% of the seats.) Small parties would be viable.

Term limits. Senate gets one term, House two.

The only Federal tax would be the “Tax Tax.” State Governments (and local) would have to send half of what they collect to the Federal Government. Local Governments could tax people however they please... Except for property taxes, which would be banned.

Educational Vouchers.

Ban the Government from fining anyone for a crime. Monetary fines are a conflict of interest on the part of the Government.

Crimes of Stupidity would not be punished with jail time. Prisons are a cruel and inhumane form of punishment that would be rarely used during the Evil Overlordship of Thuban. Instead I would use public flogging as a humane and civilized alternative. (Think about it, which would you rather get, 40 lashes or a year in prison? Most people would rather have the lashes as they won’t lose their job, home, and family. But public flogging would be a much more effective deterrent.)

Real violent criminals would just be either locked up or shot depending. Non violent property crimes should be punished by educational bootcamps, after the injuries form the public flogging heal.

All illegal aliens would be fingerprinted and deported. If we catch them again we would give them 5 years mandatory employment working for 14 hours a day on the “Great Wall of America” that would stretch across our southern border.

Mandatory gun control legislation. Before they could register to vote, every citizen would have to demonstrate that they fully understood both the Weaver and isosceles positions on handgun control; as well as the prone, kneeling, and standing positions for assault rifle control.

Those that object to firearms on moral grounds could instead prove that they were proficient in either the sword or bow. Pacifists would be allowed to vote if they were certified in first aid/CPR. But, if you can’t fight or patch up the wounded you don’t have any business voting.

More cops on the street. Al Gore tried to make this an issue a while back and it’s a good idea. But a cop is just a guy with a gun and a badge.

So anyone that can pass the background check and a couple training classes would be made into volunteer policemen who would be authorized to carry firearms anywhere. Their authority would only extend to stopping violent crimes and they would have to provide their own weapons. They would also have the right to purchase full auto weapons. (There AlGore, I gave you your 100,000 new cops times about 50 without spending a dime.)

All drugs would be legalized, sort of… There would be no criminal penalties for buying, selling, importing, manufacturing, or using drugs. But if someone dies (or suffers any kind of injury) from the effects of a drug then the victim’s family can sue the person who made or sold the drug for everything they are worth.

This would mean that a guy could grow a bit for use by himself or his friends without any fear, but if he sells it to the neighborhood kids, he could loose everything he owns, to an irate parents lawsuit. That effectively shuts down the drug trade and no one has to go to jail.

Dueling would not only be legalized, it would also be a major sporting event.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top