Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:51:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Way to go Exxon. Now go get me more oil products! It's winter and I want to be comfy.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:54:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Inflation, will cause a company that just keeps up with inflation to have record profits each quarter.  I bet that there are a lot of companies posting record profits, but the news media chooses not to report on them.

I don't hear a lot of protesting about Hillary's 900% profit.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:55:48 AM EDT
[#3]
No one gave a shit back in 1998 when there was a mass exodus from the petrochem industry...causing this industry to be much less flexible in supply.

All of the sandy manginas complaining here were reveling in the low cost of fuel, buying less economical vehicles and moving to the suburbs, thinking fuel would always be cheap.  After all, crude had NEVER been as cheap at $11 a barrel!

Then the precipitating economic malaise, that being the collapse of the Asian economies, reverted and China started consuming an additional ounce per person per day, sucking all spare production  dry.  And that led us to today.

BTW, at $11 a barrel crude and $0.73 a gallon for gasoline, we should be paying over $4.31 per gallon with crude being $65 a barrel.  Exxon ISN'T raping us.  Wash the sand out.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn them for charging what the market will pay!   Fucking bastards!

it's not exactly what the market will pay when there is no choice.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top