Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 12:24:13 AM EDT
Just discovered it could be used as a laser boresighter.
Attach your laser to your rail and pull the bolt.
Turn on your laser and look through your barrel. Adjust the laser so the you can see the dot thru the barrel.
Attach your scope and adjust.
I tried this and it works incredibly well. It will get you on paper.
I compared the results against a laser bore sighter and the projected dots where practically right on top of each other.
Works best with a multi rail gun like an AR.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:36:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just discovered it could be used as a laser boresighter.
Attach your laser to your rail and pull the bolt.
Turn on your laser and look through your barrel. Adjust the laser so the you can see the dot thru the barrel.
Attach your scope and adjust.
I tried this and it works incredibly well. It will get you on paper.
I compared the results against a laser bore sighter and the projected dots where practically right on top of each other.
Works best with a multi rail gun like an AR.

You do realize you can bench the rifle, pull the bolt, look down the bore and orient on any distant object, and adjust the scope accordingly, right? No laser necessary.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:38:58 AM EDT
[#2]
yep, but when your bored(no pun intended) and it's the middle of the night the neighbors house down the block works well.
you don't have to worry about moving the gun either. just look for the dot.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:47:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
yep, but when your bored(no pun intended) and it's the middle of the night the neighbors house down the block works well.
you don't have to worry about moving the gun either. just look for the dot.

Yeah, well.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:00:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top