Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 2:08:08 PM EDT
   I need some more info about the air force? Is the training like the army? Does anyone have links?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:13:36 PM EDT
[#1]
www.airforce.com/

Contact a recruiter and they will answer all your questions.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
www.airforce.com/

are you a recruiter?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#3]
bump.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:23:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Be sure to request to be transferred to SGC. Be sure to be qualified to operate the Alkesh, Death Glider, F-302, and the F-303 Door Gunner positions.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:29:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.airforce.com/

are you a recruiter?

Anyone who wears the uniform is a recruiter!  

That website and/or a recruiter should be able to answer most of your questions.  If you have something specific, post it here and we'll try to answer it.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#6]
There is a ton of opportunity in the Army the airforce is cutting people whereas the Army wants you.

I know officers who are pretty much getting booted at first LT.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#7]
For enlisted the two best deals going on right now are the Army guard (over 15K in bonuses) plus schools or the new deal where you serve for 15months on active duty and then drill as a reservist.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I enjoyed my time in the USAF and highly recommend it to anybody. Not to take respect away from the USMC, or USA or the USN/CG, but the AF was my choice and I loved it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been an Air Force civilian for over three years (formerly from another branch), and I think they're the biggest bunch of weenies I've ever seen: IOW, there work/performance level is proportional to their comfort level.  

If to continue your soft civilian existence with minimum hassle, the Air Force is the way to go.  To see what you're made of, try the other branches.

See What I mean?  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've been an Air Force civilian for over three years (formerly from another branch), and I think they're the biggest bunch of weenies I've ever seen: IOW, there work/performance level is proportional to their comfort level.  

If to continue your soft civilian existence with minimum hassle, the Air Force is the way to go.  To see what you're made of, try the other branches.

See What I mean?  

Is the Marines REALLY tougher than the army?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone have info on base securty positions? I am interested in the USAF myself.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah the Air Force is overmanned in many areas now. I have a lot of friends that are getting booted out. Luckily I have been in long enough that I am not affected.
Security Forces is one of the carrer fields that they are still taking as many people as they can get.  Expect to be deployed all the time for the next 5 to 7 years of your life off and on though.

Air Force enlisted training is somewhat easier than the Army, but for sure Air Force Officer training is a piece of cake as long as you are organized and know how to operate a computer.  My experience anyway.  

Junker sounds like you work at the base I was last assigned to.  It was like the Air Force retirement/old folks home.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:31:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
There is a ton of opportunity in the Army the airforce is cutting people whereas the Army wants you.

Who, and where? "pretty much"? either they are or they are not. Which one is it?

snipAR_15...
 Going to a forum on a website is not your best source of info. Most of the wannabees/couldntbees spew what little they know and often get it wrong.

Air Force enlisted training is somewhat easier than the Army, but for sure Air Force Officer training is a piece of cake as long as you are organized and know how to operate a computer.

When did you go through OTS?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#14]
1A7X1 Aerial Gunner...  Check it out.
~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who, and where? "pretty much"? either they are or they are not. Which one is it?

snipAR_15...
 Going to a forum on a website is not your best source of info. Most of the wannabees/couldntbees spew what little they know and often get it wrong.

Air Force enlisted training is somewhat easier than the Army, but for sure Air Force Officer training is a piece of cake as long as you are organized and know how to operate a computer.

When did you go through OTS?

Graduated OTs December of 2001
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Did someone post the best deal is the Army NG right now? ? ? ?

Yes- give me $15K.... where do I sign?  

Seriously....if 15K is motivating you to join an organization whose duties include COMBAT ... 15K shouldn't be your motivator.

I'm a Navy recruiter, I tell applicants all the time who ask, "How much is the bonus..."   I say, "Hey if you want a bonus go join the Army..they'll give you a  pile of money.."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top