Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 9:45:18 AM EDT
I have two warts on my left middle finger. I've had them there for a very long time now. Twice, I went to the docter to have them burned off, but they grew back each time. Is there any other way (other than surgery) to get these things off?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:47:04 AM EDT

I remember hearing something about throwing a dead cat over your shoulder into a cemetrary under a full moon or something ... but it MIGHT be an urban legend.

Sorry for being a smartass. I just wanted to tag this because I am curious. Hope you find a way to get rid of them!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:47:20 AM EDT
preperation w works.

I tried sterilized toenail clippers on one and it never grew back(hurt like hell and bled pretty good though)
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:47:32 AM EDT
Draw down on 'em.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:54:29 AM EDT
keep it duck taped up.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:17:37 AM EDT
Compound W

I think thats what it is called.

I had like 15 warts all over my hands 2 years ago. I had no idea what they were and did nothing about them for a long time. Compound W cleaned them right up.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:35:48 AM EDT
Just had 3 frozen at the Doc. One swelled up so much I thought it would explode. Now have a crater there. The other two have no change from original condition. Hope mine do not grow back.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:47:37 AM EDT
i had several, simply put until your body learns to fight the virus they will come back or get more.

i tried burning them off ( freezing ), duct tape etc etc. nothing worked. what i finally did was to soak them in a bath once a week till they where soft ( tape will do the same thing ) the cut them down with a razor blade till they bled a little. by doing this they never caused pain and where much less noticable, then one day they just went away

good luck

ps if you want they now sell home freezing kits, or you can use a small funnel and super duster turned up side down. just keep the liquid contained over the wart with the funnel, if it runs else where you will get a blister over a larger area
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:55:14 AM EDT
Thuja Occidentalis Tincture.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:06:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2006 11:06:37 AM EDT by OKLAHOMA_LAWMAN]
Try going to the store and buying some over the counter stuff. That worked for me.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:09:56 AM EDT
When we used to raise horses and they had warts on their muzzle we would take a disposable razor and cut them off everytime they came back. Eventually they would not come back. Someone told us to do it that way and something about them bleeding, but I cannot remember what they deal was. Pretty fucking gross.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:11:22 AM EDT
I had a massive cluster of them on my foot for years and years... Haddoctors put all sorts of shit on them... cut them, ointments and what not. I jst said screw it and forgot about them.

I kid you not... one day I woke up and looked at my foot and they were gone... had to look at my other foot just to make sure I wasnt seeing thing (or not seeing things)

On their own... GONE!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:19:09 AM EDT
Yeah they are wired, I used to have bunch on one finger...then over the course of couple weeks they just came off..crazy...now I have one or two here and they...they come and go....no idea...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:19:33 AM EDT
I had one on my finger once. Tried just about everything: Iodine, Fingernail clippers,the cat over the shoulder (it was about half a cat so....). Tried a bottle of that home freeze kit stuff, went to the doctor about 10 or 11 times but it kept comin back. One night I got a razor blades and chopped it off about 1/8" below the bottom. Bled like a waterfall. After this I poured rubbing alc. and Iodine on it (This is worse than the cutting part, burns like a mo-fo) Then I wrapped a rubberband around it, to slow the bleeding. There was these little black things sticking out so i got some tweezer and pulled them all out. Feels like needles being pushed in. Also made more bleeding. Once I fiished this, I wrapped it with bandages and tapped it up, put a plastic bag around it and sealed that to.(in case it bled through). Next step is to take acouple shots of JD

This was the only thing that fixed it. Don't anythinglike try this if blood makes you woosey or whatever. I went to the doctors a couple weeks later and the doc was suprised at how it looked. He asked if I put it under the lawnmower. I had to tell him my method worked better than his 10 tries. I'm no doctor of any type so dont think this is an approved method of any sort.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:31:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RUSSIANCATKILLA:
I had one on my finger once. Tried just about everything: Iodine, Fingernail clippers,the cat over the shoulder (it was about half a cat so....). Tried a bottle of that home freeze kit stuff, went to the doctor about 10 or 11 times but it kept comin back. One night I got a razor blades and chopped it off about 1/8" below the bottom. Bled like a waterfall. After this I poured rubbing alc. and Iodine on it (This is worse than the cutting part, burns like a mo-fo) Then I wrapped a rubberband around it, to slow the bleeding. There was these little black things sticking out so i got some tweezer and pulled them all out. Feels like needles being pushed in. Also made more bleeding. Once I fiished this, I wrapped it with bandages and tapped it up, put a plastic bag around it and sealed that to.(in case it bled through). Next step is to take acouple shots of JD

This was the only thing that fixed it. Don't anythinglike try this if blood makes you woosey or whatever. I went to the doctors a couple weeks later and the doc was suprised at how it looked. He asked if I put it under the lawnmower. I had to tell him my method worked better than his 10 tries. I'm no doctor of any type so dont think this is an approved method of any sort.

I was told that those little black things were the roots of the wart and once they are gone, the wart disappears but I never saw them. My daughter had those little black things... Have to ask the bride, she has a better memory than I do.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:36:24 AM EDT
tag... I have one on my toe. Gets snagged on my flip flops.

- BG
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:42:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DrFrige:

Originally Posted By RUSSIANCATKILLA:

I was told that those little black things were the roots of the wart and once they are gone, the wart disappears but I never saw them. My daughter had those little black things... Have to ask the bride, she has a better memory than I do.

Yeah, those are the roots. I did the same thing to a wart when I was twelve. It bleeds a lot, but I found it fun to dig and pull out the roots with a tweezer. It was satisfying. It took a long time to heal and looked like I had a big hole in my finger, but it didn't come back.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:46:28 AM EDT
redhorseman said:

preperation w works.

I tried sterilized toenail clippers on one and it never grew back(hurt like hell and bled pretty good though)

As mentioned, compound W is for warts. I believe Preparation W is only for anal warts.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:47:50 AM EDT
russiankatkilla said:
One night I got a razor blades and chopped it off about 1/8" below the bottom. Bled like a waterfall. After this I poured rubbing alc. and Iodine on it (This is worse than the cutting part, burns like a mo-fo) Then I wrapped a rubberband around it, to slow the bleeding. There was these little black things sticking out so i got some tweezer and pulled them all out. Feels like needles being pushed in.

REAVER!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:49:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By home_with_kids:
redhorseman said:

preperation w works.

As mentioned, compound W is for warts. I believe Preparation W is only for anal warts.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:01:22 PM EDT
I had some a number of years back. I remember that there is a main wart somewhere that all other warts feed from. Kill the momma wart and all others will die off on their own.

I used compound w and it worked great!

cya
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:33:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Beefypeanut:
I have two warts on my left middle finger. I've had them there for a very long time now. Twice, I went to the docter to have them burned off, but they grew back each time. Is there any other way (other than surgery) to get these things off?

Go to the drugstore and ask the pharmacist for mediplast or dermaplast wart pads....they keep them behind the counter. Cut out a piece from the pad (it is a big sheet...2 x 4 or so)that is just the size of the wart. Place on the wart...tape in place if necessary. As I recall the package says to leave on for 8hrs or so....when you take it off it will stick a bit and prob pull of some of the wart. Let it air out for a bit...then replace pad.... as the wart and skin around it dies you should be able to take sharp medical scissors (like those in a suture kit or even small thread scissors from fabric store) and cut off as much as is loose every time. Repeat til wart and small black specs are gone.

Two of my kids have had stubborn warts, that freezing did not work on. This is what we were instructed to do...with the first cutting done by the doctor.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:46:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By home_with_kids:
russiankatkilla said:
One night I got a razor blades and chopped it off about 1/8" below the bottom. Bled like a waterfall. After this I poured rubbing alc. and Iodine on it (This is worse than the cutting part, burns like a mo-fo) Then I wrapped a rubberband around it, to slow the bleeding. There was these little black things sticking out so i got some tweezer and pulled them all out. Feels like needles being pushed in.

REAVER!

That was funny.

When I get something with that much blood I just poor gun powder in it and light it like Rambo...

Seriously. I had one on my foot lasered. Minimal scar and with a good doctor they get it all the first time. In and out in 15 minutes. No problem.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:09:03 PM EDT
Never tried the gunpowder thing........
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:16:37 PM EDT
I had three on my hand and I burnt them off. I used a lighter, an allen wrench and a knife. That was a test of will if I ever saw one. Looked nasty for a week or so and was fine for 6 or so years. Two of they came back
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:20:35 PM EDT
A friend of mine heard that if you cut a potato in half rub the cut side of one half on the wort for a couple of minutes and then throw the other half away.

I called bullshit on it but he swears it worked.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:24:57 PM EDT
Get a large pair of pliers and pull the fuckers out.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:26:02 PM EDT
I just got rid of three warts on my left hand, I had them frozen close to 15 times before they went away. I wouldn't reccomend cutting it off, I tried that when I only had one, it didn't work, they spread and I had to deal with three. Freezing it hurts like hell, but I don't know any alternitives. Also, I had zero luck with any OTC or home remedies. Just try to get them frozen in the shortest amount of time after the blister peels off.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:55:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RuskEnt:
Compound W

I think thats what it is called.

I had like 15 warts all over my hands 2 years ago. I had no idea what they were and did nothing about them for a long time. Compound W cleaned them right up.

For a couple days now I have been trying to peel them off with my toenail clippers, but I thought that if they bleed, it's bad so I havent been picking as much. I'll probably try the toenail clippers for another week, and then Compound W. Thanks for all the advice guys, I'll try and keep you all updated.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:56:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2006 1:57:26 PM EDT by mikejohnson]
pick at it, aggravate it, burn it, freeze it - let your body know there is an invasion at that site and it will fight it off....
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:28:49 PM EDT
Had a few on my hand. Now they are on my Pecker. How did that happen?
Top Top