Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/28/2006 3:39:30 PM EDT
I saw a thread the other day where a member, Brian Sain, was posting about www.americansnipers.org and the needs of the guys in Iraq. It really made me think about my own war, Desert Storm, and the stuff I needed then and the stuff I did not need. I spoke to Brian and I am going to try to maybe set an example. I am sending them my mint condition Leupold Vari-X III, 3.5x10x40mm, M3 Matte 3/4 inch Mildot scope. It has been sitting on my Armalite NM for five years really doing nothing. I even have the original box and this is a like new scope. I also have .308 knobs, great rings, Butler Creek covers. You know folks we really do need to try to what ever we can to help the guys over there and I know many members are either there, back from there, or going over there. I am going to the Texas State Rifle Association Sportsman Spectacular next weekend and I am going to print some of theAmerican Sniper brochures so the wife and I can hand them out at the entrance to the show. Even if only 10 people actually donate moeny or gear, it could help save a life or in some way make a real difference.

Anyway, I thought I would share this with ya'll and maybe someone wants to match me?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:45:23 PM EDT
That's a great gift of you sir!

My hat's off to you!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:57:23 PM EDT
Damn, Dude! Good on ya! When I was in Nam all I wanted was for someone to send me some Kool Aid to kill the taste of the shitty watter.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:17:23 PM EDT
Thanks for the support and note gents. I drive around Dallas and what to yell at all the fat happy people that THERE IS A WAR ON! I sometimes lose sleep thinking about what it must be like in Iraq, especially since it is a low intensity war. My war was quick and very conventional. My platoon took 1 KIA and 1 WIA, so I know what it is like to take rounds, but this IED crap and guerilla war stuff is very different. I just want to to do something dammit. The scope was gift from the wife for a birthday, but she is true blue and supports the donation 100%. I really hope it goes to a squad or team that can really use and I take very good care of my gear so this not some used up piece of junk. It is an M3, not an M4, but I think it is every bit as good as anything that just came off the assembly line at Leupold.

For Virginians: The wife bought the scope at DeGoffs in Mechanicsville.

Semper Fidelis!
Top Top