Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#1]
go to socnetcentral.com, they should have a forum/post about different websites that can check his creds.

for example to check SEALs you can go to veriseal.org
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a SEAL database, but unfortunately there isn't one for SF.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ask him what a mil dot is.

I know, I know. It's a full stop (period) in marpat color scheme!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ask what group he was and see if he can correctly match up the group to right installation.
Ask his MOS (if your lucky, he'll say 18F and you can pwn3d him)
Ask his feeder MOS (what he was before he went SF, this usually trips them up.)
If he says infantry, then you can finish him off.
If he is about 35 or younger, sigh and say, "Harmony church sucked didn't it?"
If he is older than 40, sigh and say, "Sand Hill was a mother fucker wasn't it?"

If he agrees to any of those statements, or fails to correct that Sand Hill was after 1990 or Harmony church was before 1990, he's 99.44% full of shit.
Good luck.

Whoa, there, sir.  I went through Sand Hill in 1988, and HC was still in operation.

I was at Harmony Church in late 87 and Sand Hill was in operation.  

I did Basic / Infantry School at  Sand Hill in 1980.  
Damm I'm getting old  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Forgot the sarcasm smilies!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:22:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
SF is required to speak at least one second language, find out which one he speaks.

This is my favorite. Makes them blush every time.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#7]

EDIT - I just read the part about wearing a special forces sticker on the FRONT of his car, now this burns my ass. fucking braggart.

Boy your head would explode if you were to come to Bragg and drive through the group area. Nearly every vehicle has some kind of SF sticker on it.

On a side note I think it's funny how all us .mil types get all these OPSEC briefings about keeping on the down low, and they specifically mention putting our 201 (well ERB now) on our vehicle,  but we have to put a sticker on our windshield to come on post. And whats up with the Marines? at least Camp Lejeune anyway. Went up there to see my little brother recently and they didn't even ask for ID, the sticker was all I needed.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
SF is required to speak at least one second language, find out which one he speaks.

Really?  My uncle, Robert Thelen, was Special forces.  he was killed in VN.  I was too young to remeber him but I never knew he was bilingual. My grandmother spoke German so maybe that was his second language.  i'll have to ask my other uncles that.

Before I went to the Gulf war one of my other uncles gave me a couple of my deceased uncles uniform patches and that pin with the crossed arrows over a dagger and says "DE OPPRESSO LIBER" on the bottum?  is that a beret pin or uniform insignia?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:36:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Any SF guys here ? I had a cousin  ( Beall ) in 7th group ( Bragg ) 87-89 . He was commo. He came from the 82nd. I don't think he got his tab till 89 or 2000 . He then went on to the 20th out of Bamma.  ... WarDawg  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#10]
1.  Ask him his MOS.

2.  Ask him his group, battalion, company and team - and his installation.

3.  If he claims 10th, 5th or 3rd Group anywhere from 1983 through 1995, ask him if he knew "Blank Frank" and his last name.

4.  Ask him where he went to sniper school - then ask him if he ever went to SOTIC (and what that means).

5.  Ask him what's special about the latrine at Camp Nick Rowe - and where that is.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#11]
When I get around BS'ers like that I just feed their ego and let them spew more lies.  The guy is only making himself look foolish.  I think it is hilarious to hear some of the crazy stories.  Look at it as cheap entertainment!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Ahhhhhhh! The everybody wants to be a bad azz syndrome. You can't blame the guy for wanting to impress everybody. What he really needs is a HUG and then later on he will admit he was in the Army and never needed his rifle and then you can be friends. See!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe he was a door-gunner.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh man.  Don't offend him! He probably was the one who trained The Chuck Norris.   He will put the dead on you.....
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
ask him the color of the boathouse at hunter army airfield

Makes note to know that before making SF claim.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Just because he talks about being in SF, doesnt mean he wasn't in. Some people deal with service different than others. My buddies dad was in SF, Ive seen all of the proof, he is a mod on PS.com, and he talked with me at great lengths about it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I know a friends friend who is an ex SEAL sniper. 7 years in the navy, now he is in Ntl. Guard (cause he wants to stick with the militery till he can retire). He stopped being in the Navy cause he was ready to move back home.

I've only talked to him three times but we gonna go shoot soon, he has some AKs M16s and I think an M4 ( Class III baby ).  

By looking at him you'd never guess he was Special Forces, militery yes. I still wouldnt know but my friend told me about it, he doesnt tell anybody about it .
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Before I went to the Gulf war one of my other uncles gave me a couple of my deceased uncles uniform patches and that pin with the crossed arrows over a dagger and says "DE OPPRESSO LIBER" on the bottum? is that a beret pin or uniform insignia?

I believe this is what you are referring to:

That is the Distinctive Unit Insignia (DUI) worn by all Soldiers, SF qualified or not, assigned to a SF Group (SFG), or the (United States Army Special Forces Command (USASFC). Nearly all Army Battalions have their own unique DUI which is worn by members of the unit on the flash of their beret and the shoulder loops of their Class A uniform. Many times there is a Regiment or Brigade DUI and the Battalion DUIs are derivatives of that; for example in the 82nd there are DUIs for the Regiments and each Battalion within the Regiment have that as their DUI but with one or more lines behind it denoting which Battalion the wearer is assigned to. SF units are unique in that all of them wear the same DUI.

Airborne units, which all SFGs are, also have their own unique flash worn on the maroon, green, or tan beret. This is also worn as a background oval to our jump wings on Class As. My avatar is my wings backed by the 96th Civil Affairs Battalion (Airborne), the unit to which I am currently assigned, flash.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#20]
In the last 30 years I have met only three. Real operators One was a partner, one was a boss, and the first was very highly decorated and he came to speak at our school and was the father of a student. The father of the student did not talk of the SF stuff but talked of service to your country. At the time I was spending a lot of time  with the recruters, I wanted to kill things and eat snakes. My military entrance scores said med. school. They got me together with him, we had a long talk.
The rest I have ever met were all BS.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#21]
... that sounds almost exactly like a guy I know - at least as he describes himself. He's a complete gunshop commando. Nothing about the dog, but he did claim to have trained with the 3nd best kickboxer in the world...

Oh, and the guy I know claims to be SF, though he doesn't claim to be a sniper. Though, he says he's been deployed... he's 42, divorced with kids, and sells used cars. Hrm.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#22]
luxs, ask him ODA564's questions and let us know!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:53:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Forgive my ignorance,but I have seen this mentioned before and never bothered to ask.Who wears tan berets and when was that instituted?

Rangers, 14 June 2001. At least 14 June 2001 was when the Army officially took the black beret from them and made the black beret the standard garrison headgear for all non-Airborne, non-Special Forces, non-Ranger units. I was in Korea and was in one of the first units to officially don the black beret. We had a huge ceremony to put them on in the pouring rain and all our berets shrank. I've heard that the Ranger Battalions had similar ceremonies where they burned their black berets and put on the tan ones.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:59:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#29]
It ain't bragging if he's really done it. I'd check out the dog story first.  Then if he gets pissed and kicks you in the face like   huck Norris  then you know the second is true. Now if he sprays blaze orange on your paintball ghillie suit you've been owned,.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#30]
I saw a post earlier that said " ask him what a mil-dot is?".. Got me to thinking.. If this guy was really a SF sniper, Then there should be and instant response when asked,  "What size in inches is 1 minute of angle at say 300 yards??" If he cant answer that he isn't  even a rifleman... First one to respond gets the  tookie doll  Simple...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I saw a post earlier that said " ask him what a mil-dot is?".. Got me to thinking.. If this guy was really a SF sniper, Then there should be and instant response when asked,  "What size in inches is 1 minute of angle at say 300 yards??" If he cant answer that he isn't  even a rifleman... First one to respond gets the  tookie doll  Simple...

3"?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?  My uncle, Robert Thelen, was Special forces.  he was killed in VN.  I was too young to remeber him but I never knew he was bilingual. My grandmother spoke German so maybe that was his second language.  i'll have to ask my other uncles that.

Before I went to the Gulf war one of my other uncles gave me a couple of my deceased uncles uniform patches and that pin with the crossed arrows over a dagger and says "DE OPPRESSO LIBER" on the bottum?  is that a beret pin or uniform insignia?

Before Vietnam most of the SF were slated for European missions and they really liked guys who were fluent in central European languages.  German would have been a real good fit.

I really don't want him in my house looking or even knowing about any of my toys.

Good Opsec, took me a long time for me to make sure my kids understood that what was in my gunsafe is nobody elses business UNLESS I say so.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm going to have to tag this thread.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#36]
The nerve of some people. Westminstrer?

Is nothing sacred?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:40:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Im sure the members of the Special Forces Association would LOVE to meet this gentleman.....
Here's the website: http://www.sfahq.org/
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#38]

If this guy really has a kickboxing, SF sniper dog, he may be fun to hang with.

Wait... I think I need to go back and read the original post.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Having no military experience I would offer up only this... Every LEO (my job) or Military guy I've ever met that has received special tactical training ie: SWAT, FBI HRT, NAVY SEAL etc... and is a serious operator can generally keep up in a guns and gear conversation. IF this guy was an elite sniper then he can probably tell you more than you'd ever need to know about the weapon systems he utilized daily.... A simple gun quiz should trip up this goof if he is claiming to be somthing that he's not...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I met the new guy in our subdivision today.  With in a 10min conversation I found out that he was a Special  Forces sniper, He trained with the #3 ranked man in kickboxing and his dog has shown at Westminster.

I really don't care about the kickboxing or the Westminster, but does anybody have any good questions to bust this guy on the Special forces.

I was Commo in they Army and I don't want to ask to see his 214 yet.  I want to hang this guy with some basic info he should know before I throw the BS flag on him.

Was he this guy? www.boaguns.com/director.html

BTW.Be sure to look at the entire site. It's quite informative.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:13:24 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I met the new guy in our subdivision today.  With in a 10min conversation I found out that he was a Special  Forces sniper, He trained with the #3 ranked man in kickboxing and his dog has shown at Westminster.

I really don't care about the kickboxing or the Westminster, but does anybody have any good questions to bust this guy on the Special forces.

I was Commo in they Army and I don't want to ask to see his 214 yet.  I want to hang this guy with some basic info he should know before I throw the BS flag on him.

Was he this guy? www.boaguns.com/director.html

BTW.Be sure to look at the entire site. It's quite informative.

WTF?

I can't believe that has never shown up here before.

ETA: Here's my favorite part:

"HANGIN' WITH THE BULL"
THE DIRECTOR
AT THE U.S. ARMY SPECIAL WARFARE CENTER
*INSIDE FORT BRAGG, NC
WHICH IS NOT OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
*The DIRECTOR is responsilble for all operations at BOA Enterprises, LLC

He is using a picture of himself in front of a statue to imply that he must be real SF, because the general public can't go to the museum.

Here's what the museum's website says:
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
JFK Museum (910) 432-4272
Fax (910) 432-4062
JFK Museum Gift Shop (910) 436-2366or (910) 436-1724. Annex (910) 436-7717.
Photographs may be taken
Tour groups are welcome, but must coordinate scheduling before visit
ADMISSION IS FREE
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:16:22 AM EDT
[#42]
tag
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:25:58 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks like he's on this board already.  Both GUNGUY1911 and luxs are in IN.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Outing me isn't going to be as easy as a couple questions.  When I left the service, I had to sign a complete non-disclosure document.  EVERYTHING I did will be classified until 2035 at which time they will review my records for limited declassification.  Sorry, I just can't give you anything more specific than that.

Wouldnt that be wild if it turned out to be GUNGUY1911, as hes a member here already..

It isn't GUNGUY1911.  I know him, and he's fucking with you (GG1911).  See your doc and have a sarcasm detector installed.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:41:20 AM EDT
[#44]
I think the best thing is to use CASUALLY some of the info. the posters gave.  Don't even bother trying to slam him:  why bother making an enemy? (yeah, I know, he's probably a coward if a poser, but they can do some of the worst damage if their pride has been hurt)   Jusy keep that info to yourself - the important thing is YOU know and can act accordingly.  Maybe you don't want to associate with him to any degree, but just casual wave.  Don't ignore him either.  Keep it level.  But you kno how far you can trust him when it is important.

And, if he is real, be decent and genuine.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:47:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:54:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:09:05 AM EDT
[#47]

I've gotten some really good questions.  Some I had to google, just so I know what the answer is.

THANKS FOR EVERBODY'S INPUT.  I'll update the thread if and when I talk to him again.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:18:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Sylvan, 18F is a MOS as well as 18Z

ODA 564 did you know they destroyed the million dollar sh-tter and built a 2 mil dollar one?

Ask him what country he went to during Robin Sage.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:19:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:20:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top