Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/27/2006 6:24:35 PM EDT
This guy made more than one mistake, but the illegals shouldn't have been here AT ALL

Two immigrants get Douglas ranch
The Associated Press
Jan 27, 2006
www.tucsoncitizen.com/news/local/012706a8_immigrantsgetranch
BISBEE - Two immigrants are now the owners of a Douglas-area ranch seized from an anti-immigrant activist. Documents granting the 70-acre ranch once owned by Casey Nethercott to Fatima del Socorro Leiva Medina and Edwin Alfredo Mancia Gonzales were signed Monday by a Cochise County judge.

Nethercott is serving a five-year prison term in Texas stemming from a 2003 incident on a Texas ranch where he confronted Leiva and Mancia and was accused of pistol-whipping them. He was acquitted of assault, but convicted of being a felon in possession of a firearm.

The Southern Poverty Law Center brought suit against Nethercott on behalf of the two immigrants. Nethercott did not respond and a Texas judge ordered him to pay $500,000. Leiva and Mancia were illegal immigrants from El Salvador. They received temporary legal status in the United States as crime victims and are seeking visas to stay longer.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats some all around fucked up shit right there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#2]
that angers me to no end
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I am guessing that  judge, those immigrants, and the folks from the SPLC should be closely watching their asses once dude gets out of prison.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:28:36 PM EDT
[#4]
"Southern Poverty" = "Rich Yankey"
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Wonder what the neighbors think about that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#6]
That is A fucking loading of God Damn Shit.

Couple of Fucking Illegal Aliens get their asses whipped by an AMERICAN CITIZEN(a GOD DAMN HERO in my book).  American Citizen gets arrested and the FUCKING GOD DAMN ILLEGAL ALIENS get his ranch.
BOO FUCKING HOO....they are crime victims.WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT?

THAT IS SOME FUCKED UP SHIT.

AIN'T AMERICA WONDERFUL.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#7]
S-S-S
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Couple of Fucking Illegal Aliens get their asses whipped by an AMERICAN CITIZEN(a GOD DAMN HERO in my book).  American Citizen gets arrested and the FUCKING GOD DAMN ILLEGAL ALIENS get his ranch.

AIN'T AMERICA WONDERFUL.

Its not illegal for foreigners to own property in the United States.  It is just that the circumstances surrounding this particular issue are .... 'odd'.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AIN'T AMERICA WONDERFUL.

Its not illegal for foreigners to own property in the United States.  It is just that the circumstances surrounding this particular issue are .... 'odd'.

That is even more FUCKED UP.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Leiva and Mancia were illegal immigrants from El Salvador. They received temporary legal status in the United States as crime victims and are seeking visas to stay longer.

Someone please tell me what their contribution will be to the United States?  Do they even speak english?  

Why did I bother coming to the U.S. legally?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Leiva and Mancia were illegal immigrants from El Salvador. They received temporary legal status in the United States as crime victims and are seeking visas to stay longer.

Someone please tell me what their contribution will be to the United States?  Do they even speak english?  

Why did I bother coming to the U.S. legally?

Because you were a sucker unfortunately!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AIN'T AMERICA WONDERFUL.

Don't worry.  They still have to pay taxes on the land.  The state can probably default them somehow... I think. Lawyer please!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#13]
YES SIR - THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE SIR!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Didn't the judge in this case decide to use this guy as an example to every CITIZEN subject in case they ever decided to raise their hand in anger at the invasion of our once great nation (may she rest in peace).
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I could go on for no end about how this pisses me off, in the process id say enough things to get me banned 10 times over so im not sayin a word.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:27:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AIN'T AMERICA WONDERFUL.

Don't worry.  They still have to pay taxes on the land.  The state can probably default them somehow... I think. Lawyer please!

They will probably lease some of the land to an illegal alien bus line\hotel line
(and, the state will give them round the clock protection from Citizen harrassment)
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#17]
This pisses me off-

Can't say what I feel or I WILL be banned
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Heard about that one.  They were protecting the illegals identities because their families in the 3rd world be at risk of kidnaping for ransom if their names got out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#19]

What I posted in the other thread on this story:

A fool and his ranch are soon parted.

I'm hardly one to defend an illegal alien, BUT.... in this particular case, what Casey did was not only criminal, it was downright STUPID.

If a man is caught breaking into your home and you catch him and he surrenders to you without a fight. Do you then have the right to pistol-whip him or do whatever you want with him? Of course not! Would he have cause to sue you if you did? Damn straight.

That's the way I see it. A fucking criminal lowlife scumbag was caught by a homeowner, but the homeowner went way overboard and used it as an excuse to beat the shit out of him.

And then there's the issue of Casey being a felon in possession of firearms. Hell man, what the fuck was he thinking to PISTOL-whip him!?

Though I am completely sickened by illegal aliens to start with, and especially sickened by having one win a court case here - I still have no sympathy for the idiot who brought it all on himself.

This was a lose-lose situation.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:31:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AIN'T AMERICA WONDERFUL.

Try to buy land in Mexico
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#21]
It's times like this that I actually consider regretting being from Texas.  

Thanks, assholes (everyone involved and in favor of this injustice)
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I'm hardly one to defend an illegal alien, BUT.... in this particular case, what Casey did was not only criminal, it was downright STUPID.

If a man is caught breaking into your home and you catch him and he surrenders to you without a fight. Do you then have the right to pistol-whip him or do whatever you want with him? Of course not! Would he have cause to sue you if you did? Damn straight.

That's the way I see it. A fucking criminal lowlife scumbag was caught by a homeowner, but the homeowner went way overboard and used it as an excuse to beat the shit out of him.

And then there's the issue of Casey being a felon in possession of firearms. Hell man, what the fuck was he thinking to PISTOL-whip him!?

Though I am completely sickened by illegal aliens to start with, and especially sickened by having one win a court case here - I still have no sympathy for the idiot who brought it all on himself.

Like I said, the guy made MORE than one mistake
I didn't inventory them because I don't think the true story is known
(except for the "being a felon with a firearm" part)
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:37:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Message received.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:39:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#25]
What a country!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Just so you know...

The ranch where the alleged beating took place was not Nethercott's; it was Joe Sutton's in Hebbronville, TX.  Sutton settled out of court.

Foote on the left, Nethercott on the right:

www.splcenter.org/center/splcreport/article.jsp?aid=149

Center wins $1.35 million judgement against border vigilantes

HEBBRONVILLE, Texas -- Center attorneys in April obtained a pair of judgments totaling $1 million against Torre John "Jack" Foote and Casey Nethercott, members of the notorious anti-immigrant vigilante group, Ranch Rescue. Those awards came six months after a $350,000 judgment in the same case and coincide with a $100,000 out-of-court settlement with Texas rancher Joe Sutton.

Center attorneys are now seeking to take Ranch Rescue's 70-acre Arizona base camp.

The case dates to 2003, when Sutton invited the anti-immigration group to his property to repel Latinos who regularly cross his land. In March of that year, Fatima Leiva and Edwin Mancia, both Salvadorans, were among a group of immigrants traveling on foot when Ranch Rescue associates captured and detained them. During their detention, Nethercott struck Mancia on the back of the head and allowed his rottweiler to attack him.

The Center, along with the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund and local attorneys Ricardo de Anda and John Judge, filed a lawsuit on May 29, 2003, claiming that Leiva and Mancia were illegally detained and assaulted.

Actions like those of hate groups
"Ranch Rescue's actions were very similar to those of hate groups we have seen in the past," said Center chief trial counsel Morris Dees.

Not only the group's actions, but its language, too, bore a striking resemblance to that of other hate groups. Foote, Ranch Rescue's president and national spokesman, has described Mexicans as "dog turds" who are "ignorant, uneducated and desperate for a life in a decent nation because the one [they] live in is nothing but a pile of dog [excrement] made up of millions of little dog turds."

Center staff attorney Kelley Bruner said the court actions shed an important light on the activities of groups like Ranch Rescue.

"These judgments are an important statement that the violent actions of these groups will not be tolerated," said Bruner. "They may call themselves patriots, but they are not people Americans should be proud of."

The case has also led ranchers like Sutton to be more cautious in their approach to immigrants on their property. Sutton told a local newspaper that he is less willing to take matters into his own hands now because of the legal ramifications.

Nethercott is currently serving a five-year sentence for being a felon in possession of a firearm. Center staff worked closely with Texas prosecutors to obtain the conviction.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Your better off regretting that both the current and former land owners are in Texas.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your better off regretting that both the current and former land owners are in Texas.

Yeah... I read it wrong the first time, actually.  I was under the impression that the ranch in question was in Texas since it mentioned something about TX there.  

And also, for the record, I don't see why a freaking anti-crime group is so demonized.  Oh, the power of political correctness.

Oh, I was posting as FortyFiveAutomatic btw... sorry.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#29]
MOTHERFUCKERMOTHERFUCKERMOTHERFUCKER
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#30]
I guess this means that if you shoot at an illegal alien and get sued for wrongful death and lose, YOU lose.  Maybe some of the guys that advocate this are willing to lose their houses too.

Break the law, take your chances.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
And also, for the record, I don't see why a freaking anti-crime group is so demonized.  Oh, the power of political correctness.

Apparently, an 'anti-crime group' broke the law.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:57:25 PM EDT
[#32]
The punishment does not seem to fit the "crime"
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:02:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:15:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't inventory them because I don't think the true story is known
(except for the "being a felon with a firearm" part)

Message received.

Hope I didn't accidentally send an unintended message............

IMO The_Macallan is right, except for the pistol whipping part that is in question
I believe Backstop has stated that he knows about the situation and that he
believes that it did not occur the way that the story has been told(the pistol whipping)

I prefer to have SOME semblance of reliable information before drawing conclusions
(IF the official story is true, the guy was a MAJOR league idiot)
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:23:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Fuck that wannabee fat bald bastard.  He was a felon.  End of story.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:49:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Son of a bitch!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:08:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:09:56 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apparently, an 'anti-crime group' broke the law.

Kinda gives those with good intentions in combating illegal immigration a bad name.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:15:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Nethercott is a loser scumbag and deserves whatever he gets.

Group should have washed their hands of him a long time ago.

This is what happens when we let criminals lead groups like Ranch Rescue.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:27:40 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
This guy made more than one mistake, but the illegals shouldn't have been here AT ALL

Two immigrants get Douglas ranch
The Associated Press
Jan 27, 2006

The Southern Poverty Law Center brought suit against Nethercott on behalf of the two immigrants.

All one needs to know right there.

Morris Dees is the same retard who is always talking about what a threat the KKK is to the United States. The current KKK is about 100 guys TOTAL who are outnumbered by tens of thousands of violent gangs nationwide but won't ever hear Morris talk about that.

SPLC is worse than the ACLU and that ain't easy.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:33:36 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Nethercott is a loser scumbag and deserves whatever he gets.

Group should have washed their hands of him a long time ago.

This is what happens when we let criminals lead groups like Ranch Rescue.

FYI.

Nethercott was not in charge of RR when the alleged beating took place; Foote was.

But I certainly do agree with all the rest.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:54:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:04:00 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
This was most likely US citizens that did nothing wrong nor should they be punished.
Tj

You lost me here.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:07:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:13:48 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I'm sorry but this whole(situation not yer post) thing is bullshit Mac. There was a frog journalist there that day that said he never assaulted those people. And he was aquitted of the assault charge anyway, so he was a felon in possession of a gun big shit, thats the only charge he was convicted of. So that means that his ranch should be taken and given to the two people he was aquitted of assaulting? That makes no sence what so fucking ever man. None nodda zero zip zilch. These people shouldn't have gotten shit execpt a ticket back to El Salvador. If there was no assault, then what was the basis for the lawsuit? Ya know if yer found not guilty or aquitted of a crime you should not be able to be sued in a civil court for jack and or shit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:16:42 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Guys, I wouldn't let the fact Nethercott is a POS cloud your judgement too much on this one.

IMHO, this is a hell of precidence with far reaching consequences beyond the Ranch Rescue situation.

I won't pass judgement on the settlement for that was civil matter and I wasn't in the court.  As far as I know the settlement of $500,000 may have been justified, however the taking of his property and directly giving it to the plaintiffs really rubs me wrong way.  Though the judge obviously sending a political message, due process appears to have been bypassed bigtime with bankruptsy laws bypassed and the option to sell the property by the owner to pay off his depts ignored.  

Every lean holder of Nethercott just got screwed in favor for two illegal aliens and a judge making a poltical statement.  This was most likely US citizens that did nothing wrong nor should they be punished.

Two wrongs does not make a right.

Tj

I agree.

I guess the judge wanted to make sure the illegals recieved their money right away instead of following the law. I don't know how big settlements are paid out. Would the gu that lost have to borrow, beg, steal to get the money all at once in 30, 60, or 90 days or would he have had to pay it so much a month for the rest of his life? Maybe the judge considered that because they illegals may some time in the future go back to mexico, he wanted to make sure they got all of their money?

Add this case of property being taken from you directly to pay off a settlement to the recent immenent domain ruling and you have an environment were (damn)...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:31:34 AM EDT
[#47]

The Southern Poverty Law Center brought suit against Nethercott on behalf of the two immigrants. Nethercott did not respond and a Texas judge ordered him to pay $500,000.

Sorry, but I'm not going to get terribly upset over this.

He was sued.

He didn't even bother to respond.

No sympathy for idiots.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:03:33 AM EDT
[#48]
I may be slow, but I'm not understanding something here.  Maybe it's somewhere in the thread, which I admit I went through rather quickly.  The ranch is in Bisbee, correct?  That's in AZ, correct?  A texas judge signed an order.  How does this judge have jurisdiction?  If a suit was brought, how come not in AZ?  Since a judge in AZ ordered the ranch turned over, was there a suit in AZ?  I'm not getting the jurisdiction here.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:07:23 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
This was most likely US citizens that did nothing wrong nor should they be punished.
Tj

You lost me here.

Everybody else that Nethercott owed money to just got screwed by preferential treatment to the illegal aliens so a judge can make a point.

Typically in a case like this the person who lost the court settlement would have the option to bankrupt or sell the property whereas the other creditors would have some say in the matter.

Tj

Understand.  And you couldn't be more right.

I didn't know the 'loans' info was circulating.  Yeah, it was a mess.  Quite a few people lost a fair amount of money - all loaned with the promise to 'pay back.'

Another man, arrested the same day Nethercott was (first time) spent well over $15K.  Everyone forgets about him as his story isn't widely known (I believe) and he asked to be 'forgotten.'
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:24:05 AM EDT
[#50]

He was acquitted of assault, but convicted of being a felon in possession of a firearm.

He's a fucking retard.
He's a convicted felon.
He should have beat them down with a Maglight instead of a pistol.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top