BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 5:01:45 PM EDT
Linkage

Katrina Refugees Arrested in Houston Murders
Jan 27 2:23 PM US/Eastern

HOUSTON

Eight New Orleans gang members who came to Houston after Hurricane Katrina were arrested in connection with 11 recent killings and other violent crimes, police said Friday.

Crime in the Houston area spiked in the last few months of 2005, and police have attributed some of that to Katrina refugees. The city took in an estimated 150,000 people after the Aug. 29 hurricane.

Authorities said they believe the 11 killings, which all occurred since November, can be attributed to rival gangs who set up shop in Houston. Besides murder, the charges included aggravated robbery and kidnapping.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]
dupage

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=431577
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Living and working in that area, I was deployed for the Katrina Show, and now back at my real government job, I have to say that the refugees need to GTFH.

They got here by bus, so we should round them up and put them back on the bus!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Not suprised in the least
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#4]

There's a shocker.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate to tell you that you need not call them refugees anymore. Most of the ones over there in Texas didn't own property or houses in Louisiana. I would think they are pretty well settled by now having new jobs and housing. Why would they come back to Ground Zero to start all over again? I guess you can say they are in their new home state. Good news is that I feel safer visiting New Orleans. C'mon, this little white boy can walk around in the middle of the projects with no problems.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#7]

YOU ARE A RACIST.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:04:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:04:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Not refugees, evacuees.  

Still I prefer dirtbags.

Max
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#10]
My brother moved to Houston a few months ago and found a nice apt. complex. So far, the has already been a murder and a home invasion there. I wonder if those are tied to the same gang? Luckily, he carries wherever he goes and practices all the time.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I think they are now permenant residents of Texas. So that would make them, TEXANS. I forgot about something, why would they move back to Louisiana while they can get their narcotics from the source a lot cheaper. That is Mexico's fault.

I apologise to anyone in Texas, sorry this disaster relocated the thugs in your backyard. If you come in my neck of the woods, I owe you an Abita beer.

I'm not a racist, I'm a Coon Ass with a Cajun- German background. Enough said. Vote for David Duke for the Mayor of New Orleans. J/J!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top