Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/27/2006 4:10:22 PM EDT
No matter how serious the question, it seems there are a few key words that will ALWAYS get someone a smartass answer and flaming, with no actual help given.  I'd like to start a thread to collect all these no-nos into one place so people can get edujumicated.

1.  Saying "clip" when you really mean "magazine"
2. Saying "bullet/bullets" when you really are talking about the whole round or cartrige

ADD MORE!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:12:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Not to hijack the thread, but in general how many bullets does everyone put in a clip?h.gif
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:20:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Not to hijack the thread, but in general how many bullets does everyone put in a clip?h.gif

I usually try to match the number of bullets with the number of cartridges. It is a rule of thumb that has always worked for me, others may differ, however.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#3]
oops. Double post
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#4]
1.  In an AR-15 thread, never say anything negative about Kolt colt.
2.  Never ever ask a question that has been asked in the last 30 years (or be flamed for a dupe).
3.  Never spell anything incorrectly.
4.  Never post a picture of an air-soft gun
5.  Never admit that you really don't need m4 feed ramp cuts on your semi-auto rifle.
6.  Never post a picture with a rifle without posting every little mundane detail about said rifle
7.  Never post a picture that comes up as x
8.  Never speak negativly about Bush, even though his only accomplishment was being too lazy to sign the AWB in for another term.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:40:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Wrong!!!

#1 Should say: Never say anything about 5.56
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#6]

1. In an AR-15 thread, never say anything negative about Kolt colt.
2. Never ever ask a question that has been asked in the last 30 years (or be flamed for a dupe).
3. Never spell anything incorrectly.
4. Never post a picture of an air-soft gun
5. Never admit that you really don't need m4 feed ramp cuts on your semi-auto rifle.
6. Never post a picture with a rifle without posting every little mundane detail about said rifle
7. Never post a picture that comes up as x
8. Never speak negativly about Bush, even though his only accomplishment was being too lazy to sign the AWB in for another term.

Don't post dumbass stuff like this....
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:48:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I got one.

1. Don't Post General Discusion in the AR Discussion forum.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't have "vs" anywhere in your post.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:07:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I got one.

1. Don't Post General Discusion in the AR Discussion forum.hr

Has anyone looked in the General Discussion lately. They don't even come close to talking about  about guns over there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#10]
What, did I scare you because you know it's true?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#11]
piston vs DI
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Pictures HORRIBLY out of focus trying to show some minute detail.  That or cell phone camera pics.  C'mon, we spend thousands on weapons (per year) and don't have a good camera or can't use it....  Also, red X's suck

ETA:  Talking about AKs as if they were superior (we all know they are )

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Being a newb

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:04:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Not swallowing the short barrel Kool Aid.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Post a pic of your M4 with an optic that didn't cost as much as the GDP of Whosiwhatitstan and you better grab your asbestos undies.

Gunner45

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#16]

What, did I scare you because you know it's true?

ummmm......yeah sure
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:51:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Here's what NOT to post if you don't want to get flamed for opening your mouth with nothing but stupid ready to fall out:

Quoted:
2.  Never ever ask a question that has been asked in the last 30 years (or be flamed for a dupe).
5.  Never admit that you really don't need m4 feed ramp cuts on your semi-auto rifle.
6.  Never post a picture with a rifle without posting every little mundane detail about said rifle
8.  Never speak negativly about Bush, even though his only accomplishment was being too lazy to sign the AWB in for another term.

Sounds like you don't need to be here.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, one thing would be to....

Nevermind... can this get moved out of techical to GD, thanks
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#19]

if your too stupid to realize that the M4 feed ramps in your colt SBR are there because colt found it would feed bullets from the clip better, then you deserve to get flamed.

but that's just my .02.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:12:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't send this post to the AR forum on a Friday night after a long week at work after a couple of Vodka martini's because you thought it was funny:

CHUCK NORRIS FACTS:

Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.  Ever.

Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting infers the probability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.

Chuck Norris has counted to infinity - twice.

If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you. If you can't see Chuck Norris you may be only seconds away from death.

Chuck Norris sleeps with a night light. Not because Chuck Norris is afraid of the dark, but the dark is afraid of Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled martial arts ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, Chuck roundhouse kicked the devil in the face and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris is not hung like a horse... horses are hung like Chuck Norris.

If you ask Chuck Norris what time it is, he always says, "Two seconds 'til." After you ask, "Two seconds 'til what?" he roundhouse kicks you in the face.

Chuck Norris once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress.

If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the hell down.

According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday.

Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

Chuck Norris ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one.

At birth, Chuck Norris came out feet first so he could roundhouse kick the doctor in the face. Nobody delivers Chuck Norris but Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris once bet NASA he could survive re-entry without a spacesuit. On July 19th, 1999, a naked Chuck Norris re-entered the earth's atmosphere, streaking over 14 states and reaching a temperature of 3000 degrees. An embarrassed NASA publically claimed it was a meteor, and still owes him a beer.

Someone once tried to tell Chuck Norris that roundhouse kicks aren't the best way to kick someone. This has been recorded by historians as the worst mistake anyone has ever made.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Here's what NOT to post if you don't want to get flamed for opening your mouth with nothing but stupid ready to fall out:

Quoted:

So what part of his post offended you the most?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Glad to see this thread has gone in the direction I wanted it to.....

This was SUPPOSED to be a help for noobs to learn what NOT to post.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

if your too stupid to realize that the M4 feed ramps in your colt SBR are there because colt found it would feed bullets from the clip better, then you deserve to get flamed.

but that's just my .02.

Ummmm....Colt found that it fed better during auto/burst.  I guess if you bumpfire then maybe you DO need them.......also....you already violated one of the "don't do it unless you want to be flamed guidelines.  Highlighted in red above.  

Also, I have shot plenty of actual m16a2 rifles that did not have m4 ramps, and I don't remember having a major feeding problem...in fact, I can't remember my rifle ever failing to feed.....even during burst.  Not saying that they don't do something, but they are overhyped on arfcom.  Also, thank you for prooving my post correct (you flamed me because I mentioned M4 ramps in a less than holy light).
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

if your you're too stupid to realize that the M4 feed ramps in your colt SBR are there because colt found it would feed bullets from the clip better, then you deserve to get flamed.

but that's just my .02.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

but that's just my .02.

</satire>

Fixed it for morons
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#26]
ask "which is better: Armalite, Bushmaster, colt, etc., etc."

pull technical data from your anal orifice

pretend to be a SEAL, Delta, Ranger, space shuttle door gunner

stating opinion as fact because your dad's brother's ex-girlfriend's son-in-law who works for Clot told you so.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit, that whole list is pretty much dead on. There's always some dumbass that has to point that stuff out to you. And that comment about Bush is dead on, he's already demonstrated that he's no friend to constitutional rights.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Never ask "what was the gun in heat"

Never say "you cannot take a full power shott from me"(squatdoggy-dog)

9mm is better than .45 ACP

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:10:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit, that whole list is pretty much dead on. There's always some dumbass that has to point that stuff out to you. And that comment about Bush is dead on, he's already demonstrated that he's no friend to constitutional rights.

Ok dipshit.  He didn't sign it because Congress wouldn't bring it up for a vote.  But fla556guy you've already put your foot in your mouth.  Don't choke

LOCK THIS THREAD!!!!!  It's stupid.  No offense to the original poster but this has already gone to crap.  

I like how you had to point out the obvious to the not-so-bright among us!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#31]
wow...

a few of you guys drank a bit too much coffee today

back on track...

taking pictures of yourself in the trunk of a car.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Apparently, make a post asking for people to list ways to get flamed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
ask "which is better: Armalite, Bushmaster, colt, etc., etc."

pull technical data from your anal orifice

pretend to be a SEAL, Delta, Ranger, space shuttle door gunner

stating opinion as fact because your dad's brother's ex-girlfriend's son-in-law who works for Clot told you so.

I've never been flamed for being a SSDG.
Tho I don't think Deej has gotten the joke yet.

Oh, and don't pick on Deej.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#34]
28 or 30?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#35]
When Chuck Norris does pushups, he isn't pushing himself off the ground.  He's pushing the Earth away from himself.

Saying "sorry if this is a dupe, I already tried the search function" when the topic you started has a duplicate that's been hovering on page one for a week anyway...

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:12:26 PM EDT
[#36]
"My Aimpoint clone off of ebay is just as good as your real Aimpoint, and I didnt have to pay $400."

"The Aimpoint clone market will force to make Aimpoint lower their prices."

Logging in under the user name "Cyanide"

Pictures with your finger on the trigger

Being a liberal, and professing you views on here.

Supporting Ares Defense, or anything made in China

Edit: I do not support any of the aformentioned views.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Far worse; having your posts ignored.
Worserer yet; knowing that you are that outcast of the internet. A Thread Killer.

Mild Bill, Submarine Builder/Fish-reef Installer

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#38]
pick on dj

question the necessity of MP testing

start a thread about your "new AR" you picked up for a song and not posting pictures

describe the "stiffy" you get from handling a family heirloom AR

ask other  members "Can ye smell it?"

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:26:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Wolf Sucks always works.

Danny
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#40]

Nevermind... can this get moved MOVE this out of techical forums to GD, thanks

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm going to predict the fututre............

Don't post off topic threads in AR Technical Discussions please. Locked.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Please move to GD someone.

Danny
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#43]
IBTL

"Can ye smell it?"

AIRBORNE!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Being a Post Whore.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I got one.

1. Don't Post General Discusion in the AR Discussion forum.

+87
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Never ask medical advice

That is sure to get you a smartass answer

recent examples:

Asking why your pee-pee never gets hard if it's soft or never gets soft if it's hard.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Ha, we're moved.

Let's roll with this.

Danny
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Disagreeing with anything the Arfcom mob deems as "doctrine"

oh and trying to have intelligent discussion about 5.56 lethality

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#49]
1. [sarcasm]Don't be so bold as to infer that your brand X AR clone is as good as the "Hartford Horsey" brand[/sarcasm]

2. Make reference to the "XYZ Brand" Kool aid drinkers

3. Post a question as a civilian (non LEO) in the Brothers of the shield.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok dipshit.  He didn't sign it because Congress wouldn't bring it up for a vote.  But fla556guy you've already put your foot in your mouth.  Don't choke

LOCK THIS THREAD!!!!!  It's stupid.  No offense to the original poster but this has already gone to crap.  

I like how you had to point out the obvious to the not-so-bright among us!!!

I don't really believe that I have put my foot in my mouth.  I have my opinion on the matter, and you have yours.  The difference is that I can post an opinion, and realize that it is just that, an opinion.  I have read numerous threads about the things that I have posted and I decided to post them in humor, sort of.  He asked, and I responded with things that I have seen people flamed for.  Also, all you have contributed to this thread is name calling, high-schoolish attempts at name calling RE: Dipshit, etc.  At least I gave it an honest attempt.  You my friend, are the one that should not be here,  and you have demostrated by the above mentioned reasons.  You are probably just upset because what I said is true, and you do those things.  You are upset becuase I had the audacity common sense to see a trend and comment on it.  Flame away.  

What is it that they say about winning an arguement on the internet?  Winning the special olympics is akin to winning an arguement on the internet because the winner is still retarded.  Have fun away.

Oh, while I am at it...the Bush thing.  You and I said basically the same thing...he didn't sign it, not because he is a friend to gun owners, he just didn't sign it.  [nazi] All hail bush [/nazi]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top