Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/27/2006 1:27:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2006 1:30:49 PM EDT by 89grand]
The GMC Envoy and it's Chevy counter part have to be one of the most absurd looking vehicles I've ever seen. Someone has one of those Envoys at my work and earlier I just couldn't quit looking it at it's so dumb looking. With that rediculously long 123" wheel base, they look like some sort of airport transportation vehicle or something.

I don't like the shorter one either, but they don't look near as dumb. I can't get over how many stupid looking cars there are these days.

Believe it or not, they actually look dumber in person than in this picture.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:30:45 PM EDT
I rather like mine.

It is comfortable, powerful, and built like a tank. It has a beefier frame than the full sized Chevy trucks do!

The GMC Envoys are much better, in my opinion. They ride better and are more comfortable than the Chevys.

They look better in darker colors.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:31:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:
I rather like mine.

It is comfortable, powerful, and built like a tank. It has a beefier frame than the full sized Chevy trucks do!

The GMC Envoys are much better, in my opinion. They ride better and are more comfortable than the Chevys.

They look better in darker colors.

I'm sure they ride nice and stuff, but that long version just looks absurd. Like style took a back seat to everything else when they designed this.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:37:38 PM EDT
Apparently you havent seen the new Mustangs, new Ford 500, or the Dodge Magnum/Charger or the 300m/c....

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:41:21 PM EDT
I think they look great! I like the Envoy so much I am considering it as my next purchase.

Jim
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:42:18 PM EDT

With that ridiculously long 123" wheel base, they look like some sort of airport transportation vehicle or something.

True, but it seats seven! A relative of mine has one, and I think it's much better looking than the minivan it replaced. He has two kids plus his sister's three kids after her and her husband passed away. If you need to carry seven people, you have to compromise. The Suburban seats that many, but it's much more expensive and gets much worse gas mileage. I think he made the best choice.

The base engine has 277 pound-feet of torque. It feels even more powerful than that. It's not a bad vehicle especially considering the discount you can get now.z
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:47:21 PM EDT
I don't get it. It looks like very other SUV.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:50:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By imposter:
I don't get it. It looks like very other SUV.

Get a good look at one in person straight from the side, you'll see how goofy they look.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:51:03 PM EDT
If you're going to rag GM you have to bring up Aztec.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:54:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dport:
If you're going to rag GM you have to bring up Aztec.

The Aztek is clearly much more retarded than the long Envoys, but since they been ragged on numerous times I figured I'd give them a free pass this time. Plus Pontiac finally did wise up and stopped making them.

I looks like Chrylser has started getting their act together, probably because of Diamler, but anyway they have, and I'd sure like to see GM and Ford do it too, but unfortunately they really don't seem to be most of the time.
Top Top