Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:41:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Just saw a commercial for it...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I tried it, still doesnt make an electric work as well as a blade
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I heard that if you drink it you will get one hell of a buzz.  Yeah, you will probably die or your liver will fall out your ass, but WTF right?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:56:29 AM EDT
[#5]
My Dad has used that daily, and loves it, since I can remember and I'm 40.

Course' - I also remember him splashing on Hai Karate when I was a little kid.  He loved that too and it smelled like shit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I did, but I think it only gave you razor burn before you used the eletric razor to make you feel like you have shaved.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#7]
No way!  There is much better product out there.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

True, but does it improve the shave an electric gives?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think some magic liquid is going to make it stop feeling like the electric razor is tearing the hair out strand by strand.....
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

a bit, but a hot towel works even better
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

a bit, but a hot towel works even better

+1 on the towel, lectric shave is snake oil IMHO
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I use Lectric Shave... there's a cream type stuff out now, not the thin liquid stuff.

Basically it's like combining alchohol and baby oil, it acts a bit like a lubricant on your skin.  I can't use a razor much, or I end up with dozens of little nicks on my neck and under my chin.  I gotta use electric most of the time.  

I also use a nice Braun self cleaning unit.  Works nicely, but the little part on the cleaning base that pushes down and holds the razor in broke, so it won't stay down.  Gotta find a replacement soon.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:39:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I use a Braun, too, mainly because my face doesn't take well to extremely sharp objects being dragged across it. Kinda pisses it off, and it lets me know.

I have one of the earlier self-cleaning ones, and it's great. The NEW one is unreal (I borrowed my dad's). Damn thing GLIDES, baby!

OK, so lectric shave is crap. No biggie. The only time I used it was way back in 1986 or so (which is why I don't remember the results), and what I DO remember it being FANTASTIC for was removing edge dressing from my corframs.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:41:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Nah, I use water and a Mach 3. I just can't get close with an electric, which is unfortunate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top