Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2006 7:05:31 AM EDT
Will it matter if Hama renounces terrorism?

The most radical will simply split off and begin with 'Hamas II' or the 'Palestinian Al-Qaeda'.  

Does anyone think that a promise of no more terror from  Hamas would even mean that?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:11:25 AM EDT
[#1]
it would be a start. the thing is we gotta do SOMETHING...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:12:15 AM EDT
[#2]
People said that about the IRA.

Personally, I don't think Hamas is capable of the kind of self-restraint and maturity that the Irish were (although that also took a long time), but I'm crossing my fingers that Hamas will realize that their best hope is to try to transition toi a legtimate political force, and renouce terrorism.

Maybe in 20 years.  If their "country" still exists.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
People said that about the IRA.

Personally, I don't think Hamas is capable of the kind of self-restraint and maturity that the Irish were (although that also took a long time), but I'm crossing my fingers that Hamas will realize that their best hope is to try to transition toi a legtimate political force, and renouce terrorism.

Maybe in 20 years.  If their "country" still exists.  

I was really under the impression that they never got around to actually having their own country.  Before the Israeli's decided to have one it was a British protectorate and the Palestinians had little interest in doing more than being protected.

It was not until the Israeli's were pasting anybody who stood in their way that the Pali's decided they wanted a piece of the pie and then promptly got kicked around, too.  Then they left.  Then they wanted to come back, but having abandoned their property, they were kept out.

Then they attacked Israel again and got kicked around and Israel decided that holding onto a bit of the land they took would be a fair trade for their trouble.  

It seems that the Pali's have yet to learn that you get more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Will it matter if Hama renounces terrorism?

The most radical will simply split off and begin with 'Hamas II' or the 'Palestinian Al-Qaeda'.  

Does anyone think that a promise of no more terror from  Hamas would even mean that?

Ya about as much as the paris peace accords meant to the north vietnamese mass murdering baby killers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top