Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 8:11:36 PM EDT
Is it possible to transport pepper spray in the cargo bay of an aeroplane without it exploding due to the drop in pressure? Not a complicated question, I know, but one which I'm interested in hearing the answer to.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:13:06 PM EDT
[#1]
You transport your hairspray and shaving cream dont you?  Why would pepper spray be any different.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the quick replies and links.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:41:21 PM EDT
[#4]
umm how sturdy are those little pepper spray canisters and how compressed?

I really reallllly doubt you would want one bursting in your overhead container
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
umm how sturdy are those little pepper spray canisters and how compressed?

I really reallllly doubt you would want one bursting in your overhead container

You cant take it into the plane as a carryon.  You have to stash it with the checked baggage.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I keep mine in the original packaging when I check in my suitcase so that the TSA dummies know exactly what it is.  If they accidentally spray themselves while rummaging through your stuff (don't put ANYTHING past these guys), it would probably shut the whole airport down.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#7]
*noted*  but still not very pleasant,  I have been sprayed twice and both times it felt like the grim reaper was burning my face off with a blowtorch, any luggage it explodes in/on you will want to trash
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I keep mine in the original packaging when I check in my suitcase so that the TSA dummies know exactly what it is.  If they accidentally spray themselves while rummaging through your stuff (don't put ANYTHING past these guys), it would probably shut the whole airport down.

hahahhaahahaha  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top