Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 7:47:33 PM EDT
UPS
FEDEX
USPS

Selling a gun to GA. Long time since I have needed to ship a gun out of state.

I usually use FedEx and have had no problem with them.
But i have been told Fedex and ups no longer allow  non ffl holdersto ship gun thru them? True?

I could go USPS but the cost is 30% more then fedex. Also the last time I sold a gun it went usps 3 day and got to the ffl in 28 days.

Which one??
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Fed Ex or UPS are the only choices I would even consider.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Handgun or Longgun? Handgun you can forget about USPS
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#3]
long gun
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:09:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I just went through UPS to ship a handgun the other day. No problems at all; the package arrived when they said they would. I had to ship the handgun overnight, but I am pretty sure you can ship long guns UPS Ground. That's a pretty cheap way to go.

They've never done me wrong, so I say UPS.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:49:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I've used USPS twice recently.  One was right at $20 with sig confirmation. Took about 7 days for 3 day but it got there.  The other was about $15 and took 3 days.

UPS at their discretion can make up upgrade to 2nd day or next day air, I forget which it is so go to their site and look it up.  

rj
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top