Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/26/2006 6:18:39 PM EDT

Mexico Suggests GIs Aided Pot Smugglers
MEXICO CITY — Mexico's top diplomat suggested Thursday that American soldiers disguised as Mexican troops may have been in the military-style Humvee filmed earlier this week protecting a marijuana shipment on the border.

Foreign Secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez also told a news conference that U.S. soldiers had helped drug smugglers before. However, he offered no evidence.

(enlarge photo)
This handout photo provided by the Hudspeth County Sheriff's Office shows people on the Mexican side of the Rio Grande River, Monday, Jan. 23, 2006, removing bundles of what appeared to be drugs from an SUV that got stuck in the river after a chase by U.S. law enforcement agents along the U.S./Mexico border. (AP Photo/Hudspech County Sheriff's Office/Texas Border Sheriff's Coalition,HO)
The U.S. Embassy in Mexico made no immediate comment on Derbez's claims.

His comments came a day after U.S. Ambassador Tony Garza issued a statement asking the Mexican government to "fully investigate" the border incident.

Monday's armed standoff began 50 miles east of El Paso, Texas, when Texas state police tried to stop three sport utility vehicles on Interstate 10. The vehicles made a quick U-turn and headed south toward the border, a few miles away.

Crossing the border, one SUV got stuck in the Rio Grande River, and men in a Humvee tried in vain to tow it out. Then a group of men in civilian clothes began unloading what appeared to be bundles of marijuana and torched the SUV before fleeing.

Mexico insisted Wednesday that the men in military-style uniforms were drug smugglers, not soldiers. In Mexico, kidnappers and drug smugglers regularly wear police gear, which is sold at street stands.

Derbez said Thursday that the men photographed by Texas law enforcement could have been Americans.

"Members of the U.S. Army have helped protect people who were processing and transporting drugs," Derbez said. "And just as that has happened ... it is very probable that something like that could have happened, that in reality they were members of some of their groups disguised as Mexican soldiers with Humvees."

Three U.S. soldiers have pleaded guilty to running a cocaine smuggling ring from a U.S. base in Colombia, and a fourth is being tried in Texas this week.

Derbez said there was no proof that the men seen in the incident were Mexicans.

Derbez also said his country will send a diplomatic note to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice demanding that U.S. officials tone down their comments on Mexico's security and immigration problems.

___

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:19:11 PM EDT
Well, if mexico says it, it must be true!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:20:10 PM EDT
I think we should burn a mexican town just because.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:21:06 PM EDT
Can we Nuke them yet?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:21:53 PM EDT

Derbez also said his country will send a diplomatic note to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice demanding that U.S. officials tone down their comments on Mexico's security and immigration problems.

FU ASSHOLE
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:22:42 PM EDT
Mexico does not use Humvees so it must be Americans
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:24:13 PM EDT
Yeah, I just posted this on page seven of the "Armed standoff at the border" thread too

I particularly liked the part where they said that any discription of hispanics denoted racism.............

Ready for the update?

You probably won't believe it..................

Mexico suggests U.S. military could be behind border incident
Mark Stevenson
ASSOCIATED PRESS
January 26, 2006
www.signonsandiego.com/news/mexico/20060126-1408-mexico-bordercrossing.html
MEXICO CITY – Mexico's foreign secretary suggested Thursday that uniformed men using a military-style Humvee to help drug traffickers on the border could have been U.S. soldiers or criminals disguised as Mexican troops.
The comments by Luis Ernesto Derbez came a day after U.S. Ambassador Tony Garza issued a strongly worded statement asking the Mexican government to "fully investigate" Monday's border incident.

Derbez called Garza's comments out of line and said his office is sending a diplomatic note asking the ambassador to tone down his rhetoric.

The U.S. Embassy in Mexico made no immediate comment.

Derbez also said that men photographed by Texas law enforcement officers as they helped marijuana traffickers flee to Mexico on Monday could have been Americans, but he offered no evidence.

He did refer, however, to an FBI drug sting dubbed Operation Lively Green, in which more than a dozen U.S. military and civilian government workers were arrested in southern Arizona. Some pled guilty to transporting drugs in official vehciles, including Humvees.

"Members of the U.S. Army have helped protect people who were processing and transporting drugs," Derbez told a news conference. "And just as that has happened ... it is very probable that something like that could have happened, that in reality they (the uniformed men at the border) were members of some of their groups disguised as Mexican soldiers with Humvees."

Texas law enforcement officials originally said Mexican soldiers were involved in Monday's incident.

Mexican officials earlier have said the uniformed men were drug traffickers disguised as Mexican soldiers. Derbez said Thursday there was no proof that they were even Mexicans.

"There is a supposition here that this involved Mexican citizens, and that is absolutely incorrect," Derbez said. "There would have to have been racial descriptions, and that would imply a certain element of racial discrimination on the part of the American sheriffs."

Derbez said his diplomatic note to U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice would demand that U.S. officials tone down their comments on Mexico's security and immigration problems, and would request quick results of an investigation into the December shooting of a Mexican migrant.

He complained that Garza should have made his complaints through diplomatic channels.

"We should not convert this, as (Garza) apparently did by publishing his article, into a public relations issue," Derbez said, adding that Garza's comments were "not only wrong, but also don't correspond to reality."

A series of earlier spats have raised tensions between the two nations that largely disagree on the best way to thwart illegal immigration and drug smuggling along the 2,000-mile (3,200-kilometer) border.

Derbez said Mexico's official position on immigration is now to push not just for legalization and temporary work permits for Mexicans, but for migrants from Central America and other countries as well.

"In any immigration reform, there should be a clause that allows the regularization of all citizens ... not just Mexicans, but other nationalities," Derbez said.

The U.S. Congress has refused to approve any amnesty. Instead it is considering the possibility of extending walls along the border – an idea that Mexico bitterly opposes.

Monday's confrontation began 50 miles (80 kilometers) east of El Paso, Texas, when state police tried to stop three sport utility vehicles on Interstate 10. The vehicles made a quick U-turn and headed south toward the border, a few miles away.

Crossing the border, one SUV got stuck in the river, and the men with the Humvee tried in vain to tow it out. Then a group of men in civilian clothes began unloading what appeared to be bundles of marijuana, and set the SUV on fire before fleeing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:24:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FMJshooter:

FU ASSHOLE

yeah, demand Rice tone it down. Then pass out maps of our desert to encourage illegal immigration
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:24:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By XDBACKUPGUN:
Can we Nuke them yet?

No need to nuke, they have good food and the women are hot until they have kids or turn 30. I say kill the men and breed them out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:25:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rjay:

Mexico Suggests GIs Aided Pot Smugglers
MEXICO CITY — Mexico's top diplomat suggested Thursday that American soldiers disguised as Mexican troops may have been in the military-style Humvee filmed earlier this week protecting a marijuana shipment on the border.

Foreign Secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez also told a news conference that U.S. soldiers had helped drug smugglers before. However, he offered no evidence.

(enlarge photo)
This handout photo provided by the Hudspeth County Sheriff's Office shows people on the Mexican side of the Rio Grande River, Monday, Jan. 23, 2006, removing bundles of what appeared to be drugs from an SUV that got stuck in the river after a chase by U.S. law enforcement agents along the U.S./Mexico border. (AP Photo/Hudspech County Sheriff's Office/Texas Border Sheriff's Coalition,HO)
The U.S. Embassy in Mexico made no immediate comment on Derbez's claims.

His comments came a day after U.S. Ambassador Tony Garza issued a statement asking the Mexican government to "fully investigate" the border incident.

Monday's armed standoff began 50 miles east of El Paso, Texas, when Texas state police tried to stop three sport utility vehicles on Interstate 10. The vehicles made a quick U-turn and headed south toward the border, a few miles away.

Crossing the border, one SUV got stuck in the Rio Grande River, and men in a Humvee tried in vain to tow it out. Then a group of men in civilian clothes began unloading what appeared to be bundles of marijuana and torched the SUV before fleeing.

Mexico insisted Wednesday that the men in military-style uniforms were drug smugglers, not soldiers. In Mexico, kidnappers and drug smugglers regularly wear police gear, which is sold at street stands.

Derbez said Thursday that the men photographed by Texas law enforcement could have been Americans.

"Members of the U.S. Army have helped protect people who were processing and transporting drugs," Derbez said. "And just as that has happened ... it is very probable that something like that could have happened, that in reality they were members of some of their groups disguised as Mexican soldiers with Humvees."

Three U.S. soldiers have pleaded guilty to running a cocaine smuggling ring from a U.S. base in Colombia, and a fourth is being tried in Texas this week.

Derbez said there was no proof that the men seen in the incident were Mexicans.

___

Is that really true? I'd like some facts on that.

And when did 3 US soldiers plead guilty to drug smuggling? WTF?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:26:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:26:56 PM EDT
Wow, just wow.

[dumbass]"Are you going to believe me or your lying eyes"[/dumbass]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:27:37 PM EDT

Can we Nuke them yet?

Oh how I wish!

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:27:51 PM EDT
I'm really beginning to hate those motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:28:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By nf9648:

...they have good food and the women are hot...

have you ever been to mexico?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:30:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chips:

...they have good food and the women are hot...

have you ever been to mexico?

Closest Ive been to Mexico was the taqueria on rancier ave in Killeen.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:30:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1BMF:

Is that really true? I'd like some facts on that.

And when did 3 US soldiers plead guilty to drug smuggling? WTF?

Wasn't hard to find

Colombia 'will not try US troops'
4-07-2005
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4420329.stm
The US says its military is helping Colombia combat drug smuggling
A group of US soldiers arrested for alleged cocaine smuggling cannot be allowed to stand trial in Colombia, Washington's envoy to Bogota has said.
Colombian senators have been calling for the men, who were based in the country, to be extradited from the US.

But US ambassador William Wood said the soldiers are immune from prosecution.

More than 200 Colombian citizens have been extradited to the US to face trial for drug trafficking, under a bilateral deal between the two countries.

Colombian politicians have asked the government to push for the US to hand over the men, arguing that the extradition agreement works both ways.

"In practical terms, these military personnel committed the alleged crime in Colombia, and according to the extradition treaty, which is bilateral, they should be tried here," legislator Gustavo Petro said.

President Alvaro Uribe, who is visiting China, has said he will review the issue "very carefully".

Embarrassment

The US ambassador in Colombia has said the men cannot be extradited because of an agreement between the two countries signed in 1974.

He also argued that the men were working for US embassy staff in Colombia and therefore qualify for diplomatic immunity.

He sought to assure Bogota that the soldiers, who are thought to be in military custody somewhere in the US, would not escape justice.

"We do not tolerate corruption," he said.

The whole affair has been extremely embarrassing for the US, which supplies Colombia with hundreds of millions of dollars in aid to fight drug trafficking, says the BBC's Jeremy McDermott.

However, he adds that the Colombian authorities are unlikely to insist upon the extradition because they depend on the US aid.

Aid recipient

Five US soldiers were arrested at a US military base in Texas after they stepped off a flight from Colombia on 29 March.

They are suspected of attempting to smuggle 16kg (35 lb) of cocaine on a US military aircraft.

According to the Associated Press news agency, one of the men was later released.

The agency also reports that three of the five suspects were initially detained on Colombian soil - a point Colombian senators say supports their demands for extradition.

The US has more than 1,000 soldiers and civilian contractors working in Colombia as part of a plan to combat a 40-year-old Marxist insurgency and one of its major revenue sources - the cocaine trade.

Colombia is the third biggest recipient of US military aid, after Israel and Egypt.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:30:54 PM EDT
Fucking border jumping asshole pig fucking cocksuckers!

Landmines. Lots of them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:32:58 PM EDT

the women are hot until they have kids or turn 30.

Based on my inlaws, NO MEXICAN WOMAN reaches the age of 30 with no kids. Most of em stop at the maternity ward once the high school graduation ceremony is over.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:34:37 PM EDT
Flat out - it is time for the killing to start.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:35:47 PM EDT

"There is a supposition here that this involved Mexican citizens, and that is absolutely incorrect," Derbez said. "There would have to have been racial descriptions, and that would imply a certain element of racial discrimination on the part of the American sheriffs."

Soooo..........doesn't this say that if you describe someone as a hispanic, you are a racist?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:36:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Not_so_Clever:

Your watch is slow
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:40:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zaphod:
I'm really beginning to hate those motherfuckers.

Really! I've hated those cock suckers for many years.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:42:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 22bad:

Originally Posted By Not_so_Clever:

Your watch is slow

Slow hell, I bet the battery is totally dead

rj
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:42:57 PM EDT

Soooo..........doesn't this say that if you describe someone as a hispanic, you are a racist?

Like that hasn't been the method to date?

Concerned American Citizen: "Hey! We need to stop all these illegals!"

Liberal Asshole Fucktard Illegal Sympathiser: "You racist motherfucker! How dare you hate Mexicans!"

COS: "Uh, Mexicans? When did I say anything about Mexicans? YOU did."

LAFIS: "So what? You're a racist anyway because only racists complain about poor undcoumented workers just looking to improve themseves. I'm going to put my hands over my ears so I can't hear you and shout 'RACIST'! at the top of my lungs because if I say it long enough, it will be true!"

COS:
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:45:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:45:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Airwolf:

Like that hasn't been the method to date?

Concerned American Citizen: "Hey! We need to stop all these illegals!"

Liberal Asshole Fucktard Illegal Sympathiser: "You racist motherfucker! How dare you hate Mexicans!"

COS: "Uh, Mexicans? When did I say anything about Mexicans? YOU did."

LAFIS: "So what? You're a racist anyway because only racists complain about poor undcoumented workers just looking to improve themseves. I'm going to put my hands over my ears so I can't hear you and shout 'RACIST'! at the top of my lungs because if I say it long enough, it will be true!"

COS:

It has been working like a magic charm too..............
Good thing there are a bunch of Hispanics that speak out against the damn criminal illegals too
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:50:40 PM EDT
When is this US Govn't going to stand up and do something?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:53:19 PM EDT
I am personally sick and tired of this BS. I voted for Bush and I was proud when I did. When he ran the 2nd time and I voted for him it was the first time in my life I had been able to vote in a presidential election and I was proud that he won. I think that by and large he is a good guy but......... I am sick and f-ing tired of his complcency regarding the southern border. I am sick and tired of him continuing to blabber on and on and on and on and on and on about the security of Iraq while he not only openly ignores our own security but hisses vincent fox's ass on a daily basis. I am sick and tired of him claiming pompously that we are secure from all terrorist threats when ANYONE can waltz through our southern border carrying God knows what and there will be little or nothing standing in their way.

Im sick and tired of all the idiots, everytime we mention the need for security on our southern border they cry 'racial descrimination' I am sick and tired of the ass kissing and the bullcrap and the political f-ing correctness shoved down our throats every single day by these witless assholes who are slowely destroying our country in the name of 'tolerance and diversity'

If Bush cant do the dang job then maybe we will get someone with enough balls and guts (and brains) to give the mexicans and all the other 'boils on the worlds asshole' along with the liberals the finger and tell them to F off.

The trouble with Bush is he is trying too hard to please too many. There are forces that are slowely eating away at our own country. Thousands if not millions of 'immigrants' in this country that dont work, dont speak english, and want to turn half of our country into their own backwater craphole 'republic'

wth is this crap gonna end?

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:53:34 PM EDT
.gov will not.

I think that leaves the "concerned citizens".

TTGTW
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:53:51 PM EDT
Heres more Americans dressing up as mexican army to do some dirty deeds....
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:55:53 PM EDT
I never hear about this kind of stuff in the news.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:03:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:14:53 PM EDT

Can we Nuke them yet?

No need to nuke, they have good food and the women are hot until they have kids or turn 30. I say kill the men and breed them out.

\
I would agree about hot women but I dont know about the food.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:16:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Silesius:

I bet Lou Dobbs will be all over it.

Good Night from GA
rj
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:20:30 PM EDT
good - then they won't mind if we shoot them...since they are not mexicans...right?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:08:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mikejohnson:
good - then they won't mind if we shoot them...since they are not mexicans...right?

Right, except that right after you shoot them they will magically transform into LOST mexican soldiers
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:31:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mikejohnson:

Right, except that right after you shoot them they will magically transform into LOST mexican soldiers

Yep, and if a citizen or non-military did the swell deed the US State Dept would probably pop the big lie and say they were working in concert with covert US forces in the drug war and said US citizen would be heading off to prison.

rj
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:36:37 AM EDT

Mexico's top diplomat suggested Thursday that American soldiers disguised as Mexican troops may have been in the military-style Humvee filmed earlier this week protecting a marijuana shipment on the border.

Why don't we shoot them and check their ID. I wonder what he thinks of that idea.

You know, this could play right back in their face if we did just that. "Hey, you said they weren't your guys, so we shot them and, as it turns out, they were."
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:38:02 AM EDT
The first rule of propoganda is to tell the BIG lie.

The Mexican government has that rule down pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:41:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2006 4:41:37 AM EDT by Old_Painless]
Many years ago, around 1900 I believe, a US Navy ship docked at a Mexican harbor for supplies. A few American troops got drunk and caused a little trouble.

The Mexican officials arrested them and when the American Captain asked for their release, he was insulted by the Mexican government and they refused to release the sailors. He sent a note to the US explaining the problem.

The US Congress voted to instruct him to shell the town to "teach the Mexicans respect for the American flag".

He did so for a few hours, sailing back and forth in the harbor and shelling the crap out of the town.

The Mexicans finallly waved a white flag and humbly released the prisoners and apologized.

Those were the days.

We need to see them again.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:43:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Old_Painless:
Many years ago, around 1900 I believe, a US Navy ship docked at a Mexican harbor for supplies. A few American troops got drunk and caused a little trouble.

The Mexican officials arrested them and when the American Captain asked for their release, he was insulted by the Mexican government and they refused to release the sailors. He sent a note to the US explaining the problem.

The US Congress voted to instruct him to shell the town to "teach the Mexicans respect for the American flag".

He did so for a few hours, sailing back and forth in the harbor and shelling the crap out of the town.

The Mexicans finallly waved a white flag and humbly released the prisoners and apologized.

Those were the days.

Preach it, brother.

May not be able to do it with warships, but if we can arrange for the Army to move a couple batteries of MLRS and 155mm Howitzers to Laredo, I can give them the coordinates where to drop the first salvo.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:43:57 AM EDT
PINCHE GRINGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:46:52 AM EDT
Yeah, like our military has nothing else to do, other than dressing up like banna republic tin soldiers and fake this whole thing.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:51:15 AM EDT

Good Night from GA
rj

ALL over it...man, i love the way he grills congresscritters. he doesn't let them get away with shit and he always has the facts handy.

i like mexicans/latinos generally, their whole culture of machisimo, honor, family, hard work, and god appeals to me; but all this political posturing, conceited demands, and willfull violations of our sovereignty is really starting to chap my ass...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:51:56 AM EDT

Those were the days.

Amen.

Teddy Roosevelt wouldn't have put up with this stuff...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:52:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hardcorps1775:

Good Night from GA
rj

ALL over it...man, i love the way he grills congresscritters. he doesn't let them get away with shit and he always has the facts handy.

i like mexicans/latinos generally, their whole culture of machisimo, honor, family, hard work, and god appeals to me; but all this political posturing, conceited demands, and willfull violations of our sovereignty is really starting to chap my ass...

Y'all do realize that Lou Dobbs lists so far to port that he is practically underwater, right??
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:01:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:
The first rule of propoganda is to tell the BIG lie.

The Mexican government has that rule down pretty good.

My experience says all mex have that down pretty good. I was neighbors in a business with one for about 3 yrs. I learned the depths of my character in the last of those years or I would have made the headlines as a mass murderer.

"Man Kills Neighbor's Entire Family, Extended Family, Various Second and Third Cousins and was Last Seen in a Mexican Graveyard Digging up Corpses and Shooting Them "

You do not know what it is like to have a 50+ yr old adult male look you in the eye in front of witnesses and tell a bald faced lie KNOWING that you know he is lieing. He found you can't lie to photos and video . He gone. Part of his problem was the Bud Lite for breakfast,,,, at his on business. He didn't buy 12 packs. 18 packs. Every trash day there would at least 4 or 5 empty 18 pack cartons plus all the empty bottles in his trash cans down at the street.

rj
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:10:48 AM EDT

Those were the days.

sorry O_P but things are this way because GWBwants them this way. He wanted saddam gone and saddam is gone, if he'd wanted the illegals to stop coming then they would stop coming.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:15:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hardcorps1775:
i like mexicans/latinos generally, their whole culture of machisimo, honor, family, hard work, and god appeals to me; ..

Sorry, I've seen the other side and can't buy in . The ones I've dealt with had no honor at all except maybe pride in a very good lie or a well stabbed back . See my post above. Possibly the latinos that are upstanding enough to become citizens through proper channels are a different breed than the typical lowlife border crosser.

All I've seen is f^&* the native born Americans, f%^& their stupid laws, f&*( the police, and f^&* their ideas of what's right and wrong. This is how I've always done it and I am not changing, the F&*king Americans can adapt.

rj
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:20:26 AM EDT
Mexico must think USA will believe anything
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top