Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:54:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

X2

That's cool.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, that's so cool!

Every summer on the road going South out of Anchorage all the tourist stop because the Sheep are usually pretty low. (like that but not on the raod)  I've always wanted to take out my .300WSM and roll one right off the side of the hill in front of them.  To bad it's not legal.

~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#5]
As a former (18 years) elk, deer & sheep guide in the Gunnison Country, I was fortunate to see many of these majestic animals in their native habitat and along several of the area's roadsides as well.

Also had the opportunity to assist the D.O.W. with a feeding program during one of the more severe winters about 10 years ago.  The sheep really go for that apple mash!

The most memorable experience was in the West Elk Wilderness area after we got the drop camp set up for a hunter we were guiding, who was lucky enough to draw a tag.  There were two rams about 80 yards above us really smackin' heads.  The clacking of skulls/horns echoed throughout the canyon while we watched through our binocs.

Best regards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top