Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 3:40:43 PM EDT
I know Ruger made 30 round magazines for the Miini-14 at one point but I haven’t seen them even being mentioned anywhere.

Are these available or are they really rare?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:47:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Bill Rugers last request was that they all be rounded up and buried with him.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I don't know if you're joking or not . . .  Are you? Sounds like you are, but then again . . . I've heard things about Ruger.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know if you're joking or not . . .  Are you? Sounds like you are, but then again . . . I've heard things about Ruger.

I was at the funeral... I saw it first hand. If you ran a metal detector over Bill Rugers grave  it would red-line.

I'm also pre-med, so I know what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I know Ruger made 30 round magazines for the Miini-14 at one point but I haven’t seen them even being mentioned anywhere.

They are no longer manufactured.  You will only find the 20 round factory mags and they are expensive >$30.

LoginName,

Are you really pre-med?  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are no longer manufactured.  You will only find the 20 round factory mags and they are expensive >$30.

LoginName,

Are you really pre-med?  

I was pre-law, but what's the difference?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:48:46 PM EDT
[#6]
It is Ruger policy to attempt to prevent their sale to non-LEOs.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LoginName,

Are you really pre-med?  

I was pre-law, but what's the difference?

9 yrs of Hell vs. 3 yrs of Hell.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#8]
They are no longer made.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#9]
before you kids get out of hand and diss Ruger, be aware LARRYG will be here soon
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#10]
At least you have working high caps available to you.  I waited a long time to be able to use my preban 30 round mag with my Mini-30 only to end up with shit-tastic results.  I got pissed, threw it 70 ft out and vented.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:51:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks everyone.

I wondered why they were so hard to find. I did pick up six of them about 20 years ago at a local gun show so I guess I have those to fall back on.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Thanks everyone.

I wondered why they were so hard to find. I did pick up six of them about 20 years ago at a local gun show so I guess I have those to fall back on.

If you can find some PMI (Precision Mag Industries) they are also high quality mags.  Not quite on par with factory Ruger mags, but very close.  Gun Parts Corp. was the last place that still sold them so now they can only be found on the secondary market.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks everyone.

If you can find some PMI (Precision Mag Industries) they are also high quality mags.  Not quite on par with factory Ruger mags, but very close.  Gun Parts Corp. was the last place that still sold them so now they can only be found on the secondary market.

Agreed.  I have five PMI blue 30 rounders that I bought from Ammoman during the ban.  I should have bought more, he was selling them for $10/mag (shipped).  

The Ruger factory mags are pretty rare and command a decent premium at gunshows.  I think a blued 30 rounder goes for around $80-100.

You can thank Bill Ruger for the "voluntary" restriction on Ruger Mini-14 pre-ban mags and factory folding stocks.  This is why I will NEVER buy a new Ruger product (my Mini-14 was purchased USED so Bill Ruger wouldn't see a dime of it).  Ruger is no friend of the Second Amendment!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Tell me - where did he get planted.

My bladder is full.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I sold two dozen Ruger factory 30 rounders and three dozen 20 rounds in 2001.  They were all in very good condition and sold for $80 for 30 rounders and $60 for 20 rounders.  Sold them all in one week.  I purchased them in 1989 or 1990 from someone in Arizona for $8 or $9 each.  I believe they were all surplused from Texas state prison system.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

My bladder is full.

GR
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
before you kids get out of hand and diss Ruger, be aware LARRYG will be here soon

Yep, SSDD.  More "I heard" bullshit that no one has yet to offer any documented evidence of.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:51:43 PM EDT
[#18]
perfectunion.com

They can answer your questions better.

Many of the new mags these days are not half bad.  I bought seven of those no name 30 round mags from sportsmans guide for like 11.99 each and all have been 100% through a couple thousand rounds in the past year +

ymmv
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, SSDD.  More "I heard" bullshit that no one has yet to offer any documented evidence of.

You have to admit that it has remained fairly civil so far.

I took care of Ruger Sr. in the hospital once.  If I didn't have any scruples, and didn't care about breaking any confidentiality laws, I'd have a few interesting stories to tell.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Unless you feel a strong need for a factory mag do yourself a favor and get some 30 rnd Thermolds. No issues and just as good as factory.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless you feel a strong need for a factory mag do yourself a favor and get some 30 rnd Thermolds. No issues and just as good as factory.

I respectfully disagree. If you own a mini 14. The factory mags are the way to go. The constuction quality of a factory Ruger mag is far surperior to any other aftermarket mags I have seen.  I have not seen may 30 round factory mags lately, but the 20 rounders are available for $35 if you look hard enough for them.  

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:57:03 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

My bladder is full.

I'd join you ....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top