Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Because I CAN!!!

<insert evil arfcommer patented laugh here>

Ditto
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:43:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Because I'd rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them.

Also, because according to Col. Dave Grossman (U.S. Army Retired), there are three types of people in this world.  The sheep, the wolves and the sheepdogs.  I have chosen to be a sheepdog and it takes weapons to keep the wolves at bay.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If I'm armed better, more familar, and better trained with my weapons than than the person attempting to do me harm then I win

You forgot luckier. Don't discount an idiot with a gun.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#5]

That is why.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:04:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
All of the above.

What he said.

Yea thats the ticket
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Shooting is fun.  Having something and being able to shoot can help keep you and your family safe.  Best of both worlds!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:13:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Define "well-armed"...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Pirates  (that's the AR10 rifle)

As far as pistols, I have so many Hi Powers 'cause I can't resist 'em - it's a sickness, I tell you.  I need a grant to study it more.

ETA: For some in other areas of the country who think I'm kidding about the pirates - I'm not.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Dealing with Asteroid strikes, nuclear war, zombie attacks, alien warp portals opening in the back yard, economic collapse, invasion by a foreign country, home invasions, car jacking,
co worker going mental, hostage crisis, getting coffee at the local stop and rob, and it's fun.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:36:08 PM EDT
[#12]
When you become a success, you unexpectedly find lots of people wanting to fuck you over, especially those whom you have planted, fertilized, weeded, and watered.

I have found that employees come to respect an employer that has the following:

An attorney ready to file suit, again.
A close friend who is a Private Investigator.
High level contacts at the Sheriff's Office.
Lots of firearms.
A reputation (true or not) of being a psycho.
Not necessarily in that order...

Before I learned this, employees began to eat me alive.
I put a stop to that.
It works.

Also, and most importantly -> Shooting is FUN!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Because I have family and friends that aren't armed, that might need me to protect them some day if something terrible happens.  If something terrible happens, I don't want them to end up like you.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Because I am hopelessly addicted. I can try to rationalize purchases (e.g., "I need this 12-guage for home defense", or "I need this AR15 just in case zombies actually exist"), but I know deep inside that it is simply the addiction driving me.

Sometimes I can just sit back and look at my collection, and wonder to myself....where the heck did I get all that money? I'm a college student working random part-time jobs here and there with like $20 to my name. What could I have done with it that would have actually been useful?

I'm hopeless..........but it sure is fun
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:38:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't consider myself "well armed ". I consider myself "adequately armed" for the things I use firearms for. To me they are tools.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:39:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Seriously?

I'm Jewish.

That a very good reason!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Because a man with a gun can keep evil men in check
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:40:53 PM EDT
[#18]
cant believe a fellow MI'er would ask such a silly question, the big question should be why not?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Shorter and sweeter than my post - but so true...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Because the Zombies WILL attack one day.

If you say they won't then maybe you're a Zombie sympathizer.....    

+1
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

+1.

A "good" man with a gun can keep evil men in check.

When there was a serial rapist going around town, my two hippie housemates (i'm going to school) told all us guys we had to lock or flimsy door with huge single pane window and got downright mean when we forgot. Me? I just went and bought a CZ-75.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#22]
If you are going to be armed, Why would you do so half ass?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#23]
If I didn't have this gun, the King of England could just walk in here any time he wants, and start shoving you around. Do you want that? Huh?  Do you?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
If you are going to be armed, Why would you do so half ass?

+1
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#25]
BECAUSE I CAN
SHTF
BECAUSE GUNS ARE COOL
LIKE VARIETY WHEN I SHOOT
OH DID I MENTION...BECAUSE I CAN

My sister's wimp of a husband asked why I was so armed...
same answer  BECAUSE I CAN
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:01:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
All of the above.

+1
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:05:51 PM EDT
[#27]
D.  All of the above.

HH
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#28]
'Cuz my lib sister hates guns.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:12:38 PM EDT
[#29]
...because Thomas Jefferson, one of the framers of our great constitution, once said, "The quickest way the enslave a population is to disarm them."......I won't be a slave.....and of course all the reasons listed above......
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#30]
'cause I'm tired of the man tryin' to keep me down!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
All of the above.

+1

Hey!!!!!!!!....... Wait just a minute!...................
Who said I was "well armed"?
I have two, 1 right, 1 left and there small... You know..........
like chicken wings.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:35:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Well armed is a matter of opinion I guess. I have about 19 guns and sometimes I don't even feel like I really have shit.

I'd have several hundred if I could afford it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Because I want to be, and I can be, and I'd rather be too well armed, than not well enough armed.  I also like kool stuff...and guns r kool.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:39:14 PM EDT
[#34]
For every on the the reasons stated.

Including Zombies.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#35]
So that the bad guys that kills me will have to have snow shoes to walk over the pile of brass as he makes his way to my body.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Zombies mostly...  But at a young age my Mom hated guns and didn't let me have any.  So, I'm trying to make up for lost time.  I just bought three Model 94's yesterday.  One for me, my wife, and one for my father-in-law.  I love guns!

~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#37]
yes, and i got some kic ass deal when i used to run a gun shope
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#38]
to protect my god given rights like no piece of paper can.

Lebrew
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Because one day, I'm going to stuck my finger in the wrong rectum, and I need to be able to defend myself.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:57:38 PM EDT
[#40]

Just in case.

"In case of what?"

In case of emergencies.

"What kind of emergency?"

Well, if I knew, then it wouldn't be an emergency.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:58:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Because I can.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Thanks for stating more answers for when I get the LIBTARD questions...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Cause I am waiting for Red Dawn to happen.  When those Cuban's start dropping out of the sky there will be hell to pay.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
All of the above.

Roger that..just about covers it along with the ubiquitous  I Can!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Because I’m human.

If you believe the evolutionists, man began climbing from the level of an ape when we started using weapons. So for millions of years humans and our ancestors lived and died based on the quality of their weapons and their skills with them.

Why would anyone doubt then that a million or so years of human evolution would lead to our instinctive desire to own and train with weapons? To deny this is to deny the very nature of our existence.

And that’s what the gun control people don’t get.

Imagine being told that it was illegal to ever listen to music again. Imagine if someone tried to outlaw art and beauty. After all, no one really needs to listen to music, and if they do, why do they need to know more than one song? Imagine if humor were outlawed, after all “assault” jokes hurt peoples feelings and no one really needs to laugh.

But music and art aren’t as old or basic to human nature as weapons are. To try and deprive us of weapons is to try and cut out part of our soul.

I am human, therefore I am armed.

Now as to the practical side of things… To put things into perspective, digital cable costs me about $85.00 a month. That translates into about $1,020.00 a year for the boob tube. (Makes me want to cancel my cable when I think about what I get for my money.)

Imagine if you spend an average of half of that on weapons (I like swords too.) and never sell any. That’s not much as far as priorities go, it’s roughly a Pepsi a day.

But after 20 years you will have a $10,000 weapon collection, which looks pretty impressive when you have a few $100-$200 surplus bolt action rifles and other low cost stuff mixed in mixed in. Then people ask you, “Why are you so well armed?”

After two decades of spending on my main hobby I still have less money invested than some people spend on a week cruse.

I’m not well armed, I’m horribly undergunned.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Because the world is a cold place.......

...better pack your own heat!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
...I’m not well armed, I’m horribly undergunned.

That, my friend, is sig. line material.
~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:26:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Because I’m human.

If you believe the evolutionists, man began climbing from the level of an ape when we started using weapons. So for millions of years humans and our ancestors lived and died based on the quality of their weapons and their skills with them.

Why would anyone doubt then that a million or so years of human evolution would lead to our instinctive desire to own and train with weapons? To deny this is to deny the very nature of our existence.

And that’s what the gun control people don’t get.

Imagine being told that it was illegal to ever listen to music again. Imagine if someone tried to outlaw art and beauty. After all, no one really needs to listen to music, and if they do, why do they need to know more than one song? Imagine if humor were outlawed, after all “assault” jokes hurt peoples feelings and no one really needs to laugh.

But music and art aren’t as old or basic to human nature as weapons are. To try and deprive us of weapons is to try and cut out part of our soul.

I am human, therefore I am armed.

Now as to the practical side of things… To put things into perspective, digital cable costs me about $85.00 a month. That translates into about $1,020.00 a year for the boob tube. (Makes me want to cancel my cable when I think about what I get for my money.)

Imagine if you spend an average of half of that on weapons (I like swords too.) and never sell any. That’s not much as far as priorities go, it’s roughly a Pepsi a day.

But after 20 years you will have a $10,000 weapon collection, which looks pretty impressive when you have a few $100-$200 surplus bolt action rifles and other low cost stuff mixed in mixed in. Then people ask you, “Why are you so well armed?”

After two decades of spending on my main hobby I still have less money invested than some people spend on a week cruse.

I’m not well armed, I’m horribly undergunned.

Great post.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top