Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2001 8:06:29 AM EDT
Today I was talking to my friend In Ontario, And you wont be able to imagine this, he sold me his Colt SP1 with a 22 conversion kit for 300$ Canadian!! its slightly worn on the exterior (15+ or so years old) and he told me since he bought the 22 kit for it he hasnt put a single 223 bullet thru the gun! he had it for sale at his store for 399$ for 3 years now. Internally the gun is really clean except for a few places where cleaning hasnt taken place for a long time, nothing I can't take care of.
Now all I need is 500$ for his Colt SP1 with 18inch barrel used in the movie "full metal jacket" (The rifle comes complete with a letter from the movie company to this effect).
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:22:36 AM EDT
[#1]
18" barrel? I don't remember seeing that and I just watched the movie 2 days ago for the umteenth time. 18" barrel are your sure it's not 20" or 16"? I've never heard of an 18" barrel on an AR-15/M-16. I've heard of 14.5", 11.5", 10.5 " and even 7.5" on pistols, but 18"? I'd like to see that, post a pic when you get it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:24:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I am sure I speak for everyone on the board when I say, YOU SUCK![:D]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:27:51 AM EDT
[#3]
$300 Canadian. Whats that, $2.75 American? Shit man, sell that SP1 to buy the other. Are the values that low in Canada on Colts?
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:33:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll give you $350.00, American, for it.
Cash.
I'll even pay for shipping.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Well I havent seen the FMJ gun, but thats what he told me today.
And colts normally go for about 1300$ new but since this is an oldy and used it goes for cheap. We dont have the ban's you guys do on bayonet lugs and flash hiders so its pretty much how much they would be going for in the US if you dint have the ban, I wouldnt pay over 500$ for a 15yr old AR.
And I'm tempted to sell it in the US, but import laws I think wouldnt permit me, how much would my SP1 go for in the US?
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:51:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I am sure someone near enough to you would drive up there if the price was right. $500 would put me on a road trip, but I'm in NV. If I was a New Yorker or Massachusets resident...(asssumig you're on the east Canadian coast.)
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:57:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Well you can't just come over the border and buy this gun off me, its registered and only tranferable to Canadian dealers or people with the right licensing, I can't just say to the police "it dispeared". Otherwise I would buy 10 sp1's and come over the border and say 500$ each and go home with 5000 US or 9000 Canadian and just buy another 10 and repeat tell I have a new house!
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 2:13:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I hate you.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate you too, but you live in Canada, which makes me feel sorry for you, but I live in IL which is basically communist china, so kiss my ass.

BTW, if you would like to remedy my utter disgust for you. Please mail me that FMJ gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top