User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
My most $$$$ firearm impulse buy of 2005

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The gun shop called one day, "you need to come down here immediately - we have something you've been lusting for."

H&K SP89, perfect condition, complete in the box with all papers.  Owned.

I should never have bought it, as it really has no useful purpose other than assassinations.    On the other hand I knew if I didn't buy it I would always regret it.  I keep it safe from any bad guy (other than I) having it.  It's black and evil, and.... I would appreciate any other good excuses that you can think of....

So it's mine, and is the Queen of the safe, it's a beauty, and looks soooo good when you SWING that safe door open.

My 2 boys think it's totally awesome, and both want it when I die.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#3]
That is a good impulse buy. Hedonist.   May I ask how much you got it for?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
3K, out the door, about a year ago.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The gun shop called one day, "you need to come down here immediately - we have something you've been lusting for."

H&K SP89, perfect condition, complete in the box with all papers.  Owned.

I should never have bought it, as it really has no useful purpose other than assassinations.    On the other hand I knew if I didn't buy it I would always regret it.  I keep it safe from any bad guy (other than I) having it.  It's black and evil, and.... I would appreciate any other good excuses that you can think of....

So it's mine, and is the Queen of the safe, it's a beauty, and looks soooo good when you SWING that safe door open.

My 2 boys think it's totally awesome, and both want it when I die.

i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/xmya55/HKSP89.jpg

2 choices. SBR it and make a PDW clone...

Or, get a registered sear pack for it..and make a PDW.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The two happiest days in a man's life:

The day he buys a boat.

And the day he sells that boat.

Take that to the bank folks!

Yeah actually I didn't buy the boat, to have a boat, my dad and I used to go out on his boat all of the time until he had to sell it to pay for my schooling, Well long story short I wanted to in my own way say thanks, so I bought a boat so that he and I could have that time together again, the look on my Dad's face when I told him that I bought a boat was worth every red cent that I paid for it, and he knew exactly why I bought it as well.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Went to the gun shop to trade a Winchester 94 for another lever action rifle or automatic shotgun.  Did not trade and walked out with a Benelli Nova pump shotgun.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:11:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just walked into the campus bookstore last week. I saw a $160 Physiology book on the shelf that looked good in its red cover. I got that. I also got about four various lab manuals for $50 a pop. Then I got a Cell Bio book for $100 just as icing on the cake.

Total cost: $460, and I have something to do in my free time!

You got off cheap.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Went to a gun store once in SLC with a friend.  Not interested in buying anything but went in to browse while he shopped.  I walked out two hours later with a NIB stainless Taurus M85 for $219.

Same friend drags me to the big Allied store closing sale.  Stand in line for an hour to have a crack at remaining guns.  Luckily I was close to the head of this line and was able to pick up a beautiful NIB walnut/blue Browning A-Bolt hunter II in .300 Win Mag for $375!  Didn't really need one but couldn't pass up the price.  I think regular price at time was $525.  Ended up putting a Leupold Vari-X II 4 X 12 on it and used it for my deer and antelope gun.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#10]
F/A is illegal in IL.  How do they get away with having it for rent?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Yesterday I go to see Denny to visit with him and ask about the GTS lowers he now sells.  Before I asked if he was in, I am looking around the store front to see what toys they have.  I spot a spot  AK with a under fold stock like the one Denny posted he just got.  Before I got to see Denny, I ended up buying the AK as I have always wanted a nice looking underfolder.

Today I go back to exchange a damaged magazine I had bought yesterday... and leave with a Arsenal M7.  I need to go see Denny next week.  I gave directions to not allow me to look in the store front before seeing Denny!

Impulse purchase...

One Yugu M70AB2 underfolder
One Arsenal M7
a dozen magazines

I am almost afraid to go back next week!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#12]
"A fool and his money are soon parted"
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I also Impulse bought my fiancee's engagement ring at $4200, but I am making intrest free payments on that.

My friend you will be making payments related to that ring for the rest of you life. Enjoy blowing the cash while you can, once you get married you effective income for toys will go to half.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#14]
After a short deployment with the Guard.

Man that SA58 is sweet . SOLD!
Better get and extra mag or 2 ..... ok maybe 8. SOLD!

Man i would like a new aimpoint with ARMS mount. SOLD

Need ammo for FAL . Sweet 200 round box should get me sighted in . Better make it 1000. SOLD

Better pic up a mag or 2 for my other rifles . Ok 5 would be better . SOLD!

Later that night on the EE... Sweet savage FP10 . SOLD!

Thank god i refuse to go threw the bullshit to get a "Target only" handgun permit in NY or id be in real trouble .
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Thank god i refuse to go threw the bullshit to get a "Target only" handgun permit in NY or id be in real trouble .

Depends on where/what county you're in in NY...you get out of the major urban centers it's not hard to get a non-restricted permit

Hell, you can't get it if you don't ask for it....(dunno if you took any of the NY permit classes or anything; if you want more info IM me)

<-- moved out of NY last summer

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Just got my bonus payment, so..cleaned off a credit card, my overdraft, some in savings, etc...decided to run by the local funstore on the way back from lunch, "just to see"

15 minutes later I walked out with a brand new Springfield XD 45ACP. Didn't plan on it, didn't even expect or really want to get anything...but *Shrug* kinda hard to turn down 13+1 of .45 for a good price, especially since the new ones have a way better finish than the older XD's...

That'll be the last gun purchase for a while...hopefully...

I'll call BS on that!!! You're still gonna revel in the freedom of not having to ask the family court judge for permission, for a long time!!

BTW....while I was home on leave, in Washington State, a Kimber Desert Warrior followed me home....kinda sucks the fun of impulse buying out of you, when you have to send it to another dealer in NY, submit a request to amend your pistol permit to the judge, wait a week, go back to the courthouse to get your permission slip, go back to the dealer who is holding it for you, AND then bring it home!!!

Live it up, Ed!!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Went into my favorite gun store.
Saw a Beretta Silver Hawk 12ga, 28 inch barrels, SxS, english stock, etc
ohhhhhhhhh, pretty
but I can't get it without getting the wife something (as it's her turn for a new gun)
Hey, i ask, got any left hand O/U's?

Sure, he says, got a real nice brand new Browning 525 left handed.

total bill, just under 6,000  (yeah, shotguns are 'spensive)

plus another $700 for stock fitting.

Brian

That's pretty much how I got my 525; walked into the store and said "got anything in an O/U 20 gauge?" Shop owner (who knows me pretty well) says "Have I got a deal for you!" Seems a guy came in the previous week and bought a new 525 in 20 gauge, went to his weekly shoot and his friends made fun of it, so he brought it back and traded it in on the same gun in 12 gauge.  He took a hit on the trade (apparently he was a major PITA; this shop is known for good deals, and I got a 525 with less than a box of shells through it, with fitted hard case, for an extra $400 off their already discounted new gun price.

As far as impulse purchases go, the best (worst) would be the day I walked into a big gun show at the end of 2004 and bought a Thompson, M16, two M11/9s, and a Beretta BM59.  You can figure out  the total
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#18]

As far as impulse purchases go, the best (worst) would be the day I walked into a big gun show at the end of 2004 and bought a Thompson, M16, two M11/9s, and a Beretta BM59. You can figure out the total

There is no way I could figure out the total, please tell me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:54:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

As far as impulse purchases go, the best (worst) would be the day I walked into a big gun show at the end of 2004 and bought a Thompson, M16, two M11/9s, and a Beretta BM59. You can figure out the total

There is no way I could figure out the total, please tell me.

At the time, more than it would have cost me to buy a new C5 Corvette.  

Of course, the guns have gone up in value, the C5 would be worth much less.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Bumped for pix
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I got a digital camera today this is my first time with it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:00:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
gus, the Sig 220 is an excellent buy, if it was two tone you should go back right now!

Why the demand for the two-toned P220?

I've got one on hold for $650 NIB, are they discontinuing them or something?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:06:34 PM EDT
[#23]
IMHO the sig 220 two tone is the most handsome Sig out there.  Thats why.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
"A fool and his money are soon parted some party"

fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Congrats on your impulse buys - and I guess the alphabet boys have a new form 3310.4 to mull over...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just walked into the campus bookstore last week. I saw a $160 Physiology book on the shelf that looked good in its red cover. I got that. I also got about four various lab manuals for $50 a pop. Then I got a Cell Bio book for $100 just as icing on the cake.

Total cost: $460, and I have something to do in my free time!

You got off cheap.

When I started this semester, it cost Uncle Sam about $400 in books, plus tuition.........
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:08:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I was cruising the EE. Saw a new 9mm OLY upper so I snapped it up. I already have a 9mm OLY but, oh well. Left the house stopped at  a gun shop bought an M1A and asked do you have any Colts. They helped me carry out the M1a and the new M4 MT. When I got home I ordered magazines and ammo for both guns. That was a hell of a day!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#28]

mine should be here this week - w00t!!

eta: for the correct pic - doh!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top