Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:30:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Because Californians dont have the stomach for punishing criminals.  Because they will talk tough on crime, unilt its their brother.uncle/husband that get busted, then they want rehabilitation, therapy, diversion, probation, house arrest, ect.

You have to make crime a lifestyle choise for a significant portion of your adult life before you will ever spend the night in a California prison cell.  We give people informal probation for things they send you to prison for 10 years for in Texas.

I agree with you for the most part.  California Judges, and Lawmakers and sometimes Prosecuters don't have the stomach to lock up criminals.  And I am sure lots of the general public do not also.  But many, many people here and in other states are tired of the revolving door Justice System and want it to stop.

The juvenile in this case has enough of a history that they printed his name in the paper something that usualy does not happen with juveniles.  Again dead guy had long criminal history and I think shot up paralized guy did also.

It reminds me of a child looking at a "Wanted" poster in a Police Department and she asks, "Why didn't you keep him when you took his picture?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Because Californians dont have the stomach for punishing criminals.  Because they will talk tough on crime, unilt its their brother.uncle/husband that get busted, then they want rehabilitation, therapy, diversion, probation, house arrest, ect.

You have to make crime a lifestyle choise for a significant portion of your adult life before you will ever spend the night in a California prison cell.  We give people informal probation for things they send you to prison for 10 years for in Texas.

I agree with you for the most part.  California Judges, and Lawmakers and sometimes Prosecuters don't have the stomach to lock up criminals.  And I am sure lots of the general public do not also.

Clearly, when the people elect liberal judges, soft on crime DA's and Sheriffs. Pass ballot initiatives to decriminalize drug abuse and support ballot initiatives to repeal the three strikes law. Hell even the Govenor proposed a computer learning lab instead of jail for parolees arrested for cooking meth! You know what you get when you teach a meth cook computer skills?  You create an identity thief.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:44:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

And why is it that all these muggers, rapists, home invaders, etc. always have rap sheets as long as my leg? Couldn't you keep them the FIRST time you locked their filthy asses up?

Most of them start as juveniles. Then they start over in the legal system as adults. Keep them? You can only "keep them" for so long on any given offense. There are very few cases where society can simply lock them up and "throw away the key".
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:09:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Can they add elder abuse to the charges?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top