Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 6:56:57 AM EDT

This video is making its way around work.  Couple of guys swear its Marine snipers picking off Taliban in the mountains.  I say its rock chucks in the USA.

home.mchsi.com/~quickshok/FiftyCal.wmv

Which is it?  

Shok
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:57:55 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
This video is making its way around work.  Couple of guys swear its Marine snipers picking off Taliban in the mountains.  I say its rock chucks in the USA.

home.mchsi.com/~quickshok/FiftyCal.wmv

Which is it?  

Shok

Welcome to last years myth.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:01:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe marmots or rockchucks.  Shot both with .223 bolt guns when I lived in Idaho.  Dat .50 sho do make a mess don't it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:03:07 AM EDT
[#3]
here, show them the video clips on this URL and then smack them around like the stupid little gullible bitches that they are.

Those weren't shots with a 50BMG.    50BMG is too slow and the bullets are too heavily constructed to do that.

www.rmvh.com/Scenes.htm

Those effects come from very high velocity frangible bullets impacting with soft gooey flesh.     Want to make a squirrel explode?    Use a 223Remington with something like a 40grn Vmax or 50grn TNT bullet at 3300fps and aim for the "crap factory" where the bullet can cause that half digested grass to splatter all over the hill side.

I have personally sent a Ca. ground squirrel over 6 feet in the air and it landed over 12 feet away from the original point of bullet impact while using a 223Remington with one of the bullets I mentioned.    They usually leave a 1-2 foot ring of red muck on the ground when they splatter.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:05:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Its rockchucks, no 750 grain bullet will cause a 150 pound man to fly 10 feet in the air.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:08:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Its rockchucks, no 750 grain bullet will cause a 150 pound man to fly 10 feet in the air.

It won't even send a 25 pound coyote in the air.     Bullet won't transfer energy like that.

Those rockchucks are "exploding" because the temporary cavity being created by the expanding bullet is so large that it bursts the confines of the varmint.

When a varmint is only 4-5 inches thick but the bullet is creating a 7-8 inch temporary stretch cavity, the end result is it pops like a balloon.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:41:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
here, show them the video clips on this URL and then smack them around like the stupid little gullible bitches that they are.

Will do!

Thanks for the link.

Shok
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:56:19 AM EDT
[#7]
www.rmvh.com/Movies/rabherd.wmv

What the heck? I've never seen so many rabits in one place!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:03:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Unbelievable 50 cal story

If it's "unbelievable", don't believe it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:04:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.rmvh.com/Movies/rabherd.wmv

What the heck? I've never seen so many rabits in one place!!

That was crazy!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:10:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Nearly every scene in that "50 cal" video is in the rock c huck video.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:26:53 AM EDT
[#11]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top