Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/25/2006 6:41:17 PM EDT
I just returned from my trip to the Philippines, and thought I'd share a few of the photos I took that have firearms in them.

In Manila, security guards are everywhere. All the good stores have them, and they are a bit tougher than the U.S. mall ninjas. Most that I saw carried short barrel shotguns with pistol grips and no stock. Here I am posing with one of the security guards at the hotel. Note his stylin' holster.

We had security with us the whole time we were in the Mariveles area. There were two of them in a marked car. On the backs of their shirts, they wore the names Spike and Anaconda. Cracked me up! Anaconda carried a short barrel shotgun with an underfolding stock, very similar looking to the underfolders found on AK's. Here is Anaconda doing his best "You best hold it right there!"

Here is another shot of Anaconda, along with our driver. That is Corregidor in the background.

For a bit, there was a Navy guy doing security. I am not sure why. Very nice guy, even nicer A1!

A closer view of the rifle, complete with teardrop forward assist.

This guy was found in a National Park.

Here is a shot of his shotgun. It is very similar to what is seen on security all over the country.

I just had to get this photo of Manila traffic cops proving that you can indeed look tough with a yellow scooter!

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:45:50 PM EDT
What are civilian guns laws like there just out of curiosity?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:47:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Wraithtouch:

bad.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:02:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By snipAR_15:

Originally Posted By Wraithtouch:

bad.

There was a discussion about this earlier this week. Laws were kinda strict, but there is a general disregard for the laws.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:58:32 PM EDT
Did you go down to Mariveles? We ran into an NPA patrol while in a Navy Special Services car. Got back and was told the cars weren't supposed to go down there and the driver was supposed to know better.

That would have been about 86 or so.

Back in martial law days they had these M16 look-alikes with wood stocks. Saw a lot of various magazine fed weapons carried by lawful carriers, illegal carriesrs and the military, etc. The NPA was a variety of guns. I don't know who was more spooked me or the driver. The reserve female who was on the AT with us and on the tour had no clue why we were getting nervous.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:17:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PaDanby:
Did you go down to Mariveles? We ran into an NPA patrol while in a Navy Special Services car. Got back and was told the cars weren't supposed to go down there and the driver was supposed to know better.

Yes, Mariveles was where we had the tightest security. It does not look like a place I would want to be alone.
Top Top