User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:56:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just say no. No reason to be a prick about it.

There's millions of reasons to be a prick about it.

They are the pricks for bugging me for something that they should already have.

A prick for a prick and the whole world has two penises?  I guess you're just a prick, then?

I guess you can't comprehend that kind of thing, so I'll write it larger.

THE MOTHERFUCKER BUGGING ME TO GIVE HIM SOMETHING FOR NOTHING IS THE PRICK!

If I'm considered a prick for not giving to them...so be it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Carry around fake money and give it to them.

Monopoly Money?  Iraqi Dinars?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I ignore them, but it seems lately they are becoming more and more aggressive with their tactics.  I'm not one that likes to kick a man while he's down, but these fuckers are getting organized and really are becoming problematic.

All bets are off if they touch you, that's just my opinion though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Carry around fake money and give it to them.

Monopoly Money?  Iraqi Dinars?

Chocolate Coins, foreign currency, and any kind of fake bills.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#5]

I have walked with them and bought some food for 'em.  Cash? No way.

A friend kept a bag of nonperishable food in his car.  He would give it to the guys sitting at the interstate exits with the ol work for food sign.

No reason to be rude about it.

Matthew 25:34-46 (English Standard Version)

34Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.' 37Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?' 40And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[a] you did it to me.'41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' 44Then they also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?' 45Then he will answer them, saying, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.' 46And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:07:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I have seen religious literature left in telephone booths and laudrymats that were printed in parts on the outside to look like a folded $20 bill...That was what made you want to pick it up and look at it.

I always wanted to print up a bunch of those, but instead of the tract material, put in a business card for the local temp labor hall. The one with the slogan, "Work Today-Paid Today"... and hand that out at the exit ramps where the freeloaders hang out.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I might give them my change.  But there are none here.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm walking down the street and some grub walks up,

Loser; "Excuse me, do you have a dollar?"

LGM; "Why yes, I do?"      keeps walking

Loser; trots to catch up   "You got a buck right????"

LGM; "Sure I think I have about 85 on me now." steps around and keeps going

Loser; "WTF dude???"

LGM; "Moron, you asked if I had a dollar. The answer to that fucking boggle is YES!!!  If you wanted a dollar, you should try Can I have a dollar? it might work better.  Next time stay in school."  

Don't get me started on, "Is that for here or to go?"  YES.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm walking down the street and some grub walks up,

Loser; "Excuse me, do you have a dollar?"

LGM; "Why yes, I do?"      keeps walking

Loser; trots to catch up   "You got a buck right????"

LGM; "Sure I think I have about 85 on me now." steps around and keeps going

Loser; "WTF dude???"

LGM; "Moron, you asked if I had a dollar. The answer to that fucking boggle is YES!!!  If you wanted a dollar, you should try Can I have a dollar? it might work better.  Next time stay in school."  

Don't get me started on, "Is that for here or to go?"  YES.  

I tell 'em "Nope".  Simple, that is it.

I don't see any reason to ask trouble home for dinner by taunting them.  To each his own.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#10]
In Birmingham, they don't ask for money, They say " gimmie a dollar ", I say if you would have said please, I would have given you 5, they usually say please then, and I say no to late, learn some manners. We get bums coming by the firestation all the time, with every story you can imagine. I had one ask for money, I said, what for, he said, I need a drink, I gave it to him, for being honest. There but for the grace of God, go I. They bring it on themselves, but if an alcoholic needs money for a drink, and is honest about his request, I'll give him a couple of bucks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Simply ignore them, DO NOT make eye contact nor even acknowledge their presence.

90+% are either: mentaly ill / emotionally unstable, wacked out on drugs or alcohol or simply violent and mean people whom are accustomed to fighting for survival.

Many will pull a knife quicker than you can react. Maybe .01% of them has a firearm ( too expensive an item ).

Many are so unstable they will attack passer-byes that simply are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I simply avoid them.

I have quite a few friends whom are Seattle PD whom have shared w/ me some of the atrocities homeless people have inflicted upon innocent civilians.

You may get the last laugh by pumping 2-3 rounds into his chest, but if he slices your face in a flash prior to you drawing down ....... what have you gained besides a dis-figured face ?

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#12]
A swift kick to the ball sack.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Had a guy walk up to me and ask "anything in that bag for me?" (about my laptop case)

me "nothing worth your life"

But when folks ask for money it depends. Sometimes I do. It depends I guess, last time there was a guy wanting to buy a .99 burrito from 7-11. It looked like it was the only meal he got daily. I gave him a couple bucks. He bought 4 burritos and a chocolate milk. Had he grabbed six pack I think I would have said something.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
A swift kick to the ball sack.

Yeah, for some reason those roaches don't seem to like that very much.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I almost wanted to do that one time, some black guy said he wanted money because he needed a 40. I almost wanted to pull out my .40 and say yeah here you go, want 1 or 2 of these?

I didn't though, I missed a golden opportunity.

What if he were white?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:26:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I almost wanted to do that one time, some black guy said he wanted money because he needed a 40. I almost wanted to pull out my .40 and say yeah here you go, want 1 or 2 of these?

I didn't though, I missed a golden opportunity.

What if he were white?

And asked me for money for a 40?

The exact same thing, what do you think?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I've helped out a couple people that seemed legit, the ones that are really obvious or aggressive I'll ignore, and pass without acknowledging them if possible (but keeping an eye on them).  A few stand out:

We used to go to this downtown area where there is a series of bars and restaurants.  Every weekend we would be approached by the same guy with the same line, "I haven't eaten for 3 days."  We saw him almost every weekend for an entire summer, "I haven't eaten for 3 days".  

Another time, same area, bar closing time, around 3am.  We get approached by some older guy with this wadded up dirty piece of paper (looked like a greasy piece of a McDonald's placemat), "I have to get this prescription for my daughter".  Ok, great, but there's no pharmacy down here and it's 3am.  Go to Walgreen's, they're open 24 hrs.

Guy in Vegas last year got aggressive with me as I was crossing Las Vegas Blvd by Stratosphere.  He got in my way in the intersection (dressed nicer than me BTW) asking for money.  I said "no" and tried to step around him, and he blocked me, and kept it up, all up in my face.  My first instict was that I was going to have to fight this guy in the middle of the street because he was being really aggressive and not letting me pass.  I reached in my pocket and got a few coins and dropped them in the middle of the street, watched them roll, stared at him, went around him, and kept walking.  He didn't know what to make of that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:37:27 PM EDT
[#19]
"Sorry, man."

If he doesn't buy it, THEN go off on how he's a leech on society.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I've had a few that I called the cops on.  One was approaching folks at the ATM and  giving them a sob story that he was a custodian wherre I happened to work and as a matter of fact I was the Employment Rep for the Facilities Department at the time.  So I knew he was BS'g, badmouthing the company, and aggressively approaching folks at an ATM, might just get somebody hurt or killed.

One was"A Navy Wife" who need to get back to San Diego, her husband had somehow abandoned her in north Orange County.  "That so? what command?" " bs answer"  "OK tell you what I'll do, we'll go over there to that phone and I'll call Navy Relief and one of the Navy Chaplains I know from rooming with him a few years ago, and have them meet you at the station in San Diego.  I'll drive you to the station in Fullerton and catch the next San Diegan train to downtown San Diego."  at that point she started screaming that she needed to get to San Diego and she needed money.  "I just told you, I'ld get you to San Diego in 3 hours."  She took the kid and ran away in traffic.

Worked at a soup kitchen and clothes closet at church.  Our city had free dinners 6 nights a week and a fairly good emergency support network so there were places to send folks.  The churches only gave referrals.  Took out Priest a few years, but he finally came to the conclusion that sending to arefferral and bed-finder and the nearest food bank for the night and a map and scheduole was the only viable option, giving money just went to drugs or booze.  IF they were were really temporarily needy the support groups could help them , if they were just polysubstance abusing bums, well giving them money was just enabling them

My brother got approached by the trustee from the PD where he was doing work study, who was on one of his usual short term releases before he got busted again.  Sir have you got dollar for a bottle of soup?  Faris, since when does soup come in a bottle, get out of here, you're breaking your terms.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Usually I'll give them the ones I have in my wallet.  Though, in Detroit, they have legitimate homeless people.  Places like LA, San Fransisco, there's no way in hell I'd drop a cent.

Dude!, you are deluded if you think that there is such a thing as a "Legitimate" homeless person in Detroit or Flint!

Believe Me, as a guy who grew up on those same city streets, Most of these "people" make more money that you or I do being "Homeless".

I'm ll for helping ANYONE who is Truly in need of help, but as has been stated here many times, These people AREN'T THEM!

Quoted:I go to school in Flint, and once and awhile when we go for beer there's a homeless dude or two hanging around the convenient store, I've given away a few beers and my change. I haven't seen a single homeless dude in Michigan that I thought was scamming people... though, when I went to Chicago a couple years ago, they were everywhere, San Fransisco was outrageous how many homeless people there were, and I bet they all make decent money.

Again! These people aren't there because the company they worked for went  broke and failed!

THEY ARE THERE BECAUSE IT WAS THEIR CHOSEN LIFESTYLE!

I hate to sound like a smart-ass & I'm really saying this as one Fellow Michigan ARFCOM'er to another...........BUT! You need to re-assess your point of view on the real world.

There are really needy people who will truly benefit from your well meant intentions.
If you'd like to give help to people who are not out to scam the whole world or "Free Ride" through life, seek out local organizations that do that kind of work and offer your time and/or $$ to them instead.

Take Care,

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:43:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I've had a few that I called the cops on.  One was approaching folks at the ATM and  giving them a sob story that he was a custodian wherre I happened to work and as a matter of fact I was the Employment Rep for the Facilities Department at the time.  So I knew he was BS'g, badmouthing the company, and aggressively approaching folks at an ATM, might just get somebody hurt or killed.

One was"A Navy Wife" who need to get back to San Diego, her husband had somehow abandoned her in north Orange County.  "That so? what command?" " bs answer"  "OK tell you what I'll do, we'll go over there to that phone and I'll call Navy Relief and one of the Navy Chaplains I know from rooming with him a few years ago, and have them meet you at the station in San Diego.  I'll drive you to the station in Fullerton and catch the next San Diegan train to downtown San Diego."  at that point she started screaming that she needed to get to San Diego and she needed money.  "I just told you, I'ld get you to San Diego in 3 hours."  She took the kid and ran away in traffic.

Worked at a soup kitchen and clothes closet at church.  Our city had free dinners 6 nights a week and a fairly good emergency support network so there were places to send folks.  The churches only gave referrals.  Took out Priest a few years, but he finally came to the conclusion that sending to arefferral and bed-finder and the nearest food bank for the night and a map and scheduole was the only viable option, giving money just went to drugs or booze.  IF they were were really temporarily needy the support groups could help them , if they were just polysubstance abusing bums, well giving them money was just enabling them

My brother got approached by the trustee from the PD where he was doing work study, who was on one of his usual short term releases before he got busted again.  Sir have you got dollar for a bottle of soup?  Faris, since when does soup come in a bottle, get out of here, you're breaking your terms.

Good post.

Around here in liberal MA, it's got so bad, that the city of Worcester has placed signs on stop light poles that read, Please don't give money to beggars, give your money to aid orgs. instead.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#23]
The church up the road from my store, has people coming in asking for money all the time, usually saying they need gas money. The associate pastor, will write them a check to my store, we have an agreement it is only for gas. The people will always want me to cash it , or let them get cigs, I say "NO, its for gas only, I know the pastor" They get really pissed, I had one that couldn't even get $10 worth of gas in his car.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:17:27 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
So tonight after work I stop at a little convenience store by my house and when I get out I see this weird illegal alien looking women, I don't think she was an illegal though, she spoke clear English and she yells:
Loser - "SIR, YOU GOTTA DOLLAR?"
Me -  "NO, get your own money loser"
Then on the way out less than 1 minute later like she forgot who I was already, again it happens:
Loser - " SIR, YOU GOTTA DOLLAR?'
Me - "Didn't I just tell you to fuck off?"
Loser - Complete silence.
After I said it, I had a hard time keeping a straight face, what I said cracked me up even though I wasn't trying to be funny.
So...how do you guys deal with losers that bug you for money?
I say what these scums need is some tough love...that's what I give them.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#25]
I look them in the eyes and say "Beat it motherfucker, I'm working this side of the street."

Works every time.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I just say, "I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in contributing to the DNC.  Goodbye."

+1  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:33:10 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So tonight after work I stop at a little convenience store by my house and when I get out I see this weird illegal alien looking women, I don't think she was an illegal though, she spoke clear English and she yells:
Then on the way out less than 1 minute later like she forgot who I was already, again it happens:
After I said it, I had a hard time keeping a straight face, what I said cracked me up even though I wasn't trying to be funny.

Yeah, I made the whole thing up because something as simple as that could never actually happen.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#28]
In Cali, Most of them ask for $20 "for a hotel room"  wtf, over???

I guess they only have to find a few suckers that way.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:34:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Curse myself for allowing them to get within audible range of me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#30]
I keep several cans of cheap beef stew and corned beef hash in my truck. When they approach and ask for money for food I reach into the truck and give them a can. Without exception they have always been totally baffled and not had a clue how to respond. I won't give them money, ever. Charles.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
"Hey man, can you spare some money?"

"No, but I got a rock" (Unzip pants) - sometimes they won't do it, so they don't get the sweet sweet crack.

Dude, I did a bunch of situps yesterday morning, and now my abs are sore as hell.  Posting funny shit like that doesn't help,either.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Yeah, I made the whole thing up because something as simple as that could never actually happen. www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_rolleyes.gif

I just find it hard to believe you used those exact words... but hey, if you're really that belligerent then rock on with your bad self.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Pretty simple.

I flash the tin, and say "Ask me again and I'll give you a room for the night."

Sheep
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#34]
You may just get this guy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Two to the chest, one to the head.

Sheep
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#36]
My mother used to work at a church and people would come in and ask for money. She would give out some money for gas and things like that. She said she saw the same people over and over. They would make the rounds of all the churches and always knew when they were eligible to get more money. Were they legit? I don't know, but I know she hoped so and sometimes would give them some of her own money to the ones she believed.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I made the whole thing up because something as simple as that could never actually happen. www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_rolleyes.gif

Seriously why pull a BS on this guy?  Ass!

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheep

+1

He would have hit my car maybe twice before I shot him.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:32:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Woman,kid,yes.Grown man,hell no.I took a vaction day to run some errands today,on my way home with my popeyes chicken for lunch,some little person along the road waved me down.Hard to tell if it was male or female.When they got in the truck,turned out to be a young women,bundled up and shivering like hell.She asked me for a ride,so I said where you need to go?She smelled my lunch,started to tell me how hungry she was so I gave it to her.Long story short,she didnt need a ride,she was a prostitute.I gave her 20 dollars and my lunch,and what was left of my pack of smokes to get the hell out of my truckDid offer to take her to the emergancy room as well,she showed me a spider bite she had on her left forearm.I have never seen gangreen untill today
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#40]
I disconnect the call.

AB
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Ignore them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#42]
There's a girl who I would guess is 16-17 in Old Town Alexandria that has hit me no less than five times with the same line.  "I'm pregnant and I need to feed my child."  

The first time I blew her off.  Subsequently I inquired how she could possibly still be pregnant when she asked me for money (looking exactly the same) six months later.  She got pissed and walked off.

The last few times I just gave her the "I know you're full of shit" look.  Maybe I should be helpful and give her my friends address on King St.  He's a liberal sucker for that stuff.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheep

+1

He was just representing, yo.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheep

+1

He was just representing, yo.  

I know...and I would have represented my skill with a 1911
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#45]
"Got change?"

"Change comes from within."

or,

"Got a dollar?"

"Got plenty!"
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:02:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Usually I'll give them the ones I have in my wallet.  Though, in Detroit, they have legitimate homeless people.  Places like LA, San Fransisco, there's no way in hell I'd drop a cent.

I go to school in Flint, and once and awhile when we go for beer there's a homeless dude or two hanging around the convenient store, I've given away a few beers and my change.  I haven't seen a single homeless dude in Michigan that I thought was scamming people... though, when I went to Chicago a couple years ago, they were everywhere, San Fransisco was outrageous how many homeless people there were, and I bet they all make decent money.

Dude, If you don't think there are scammers in Michigan....think again. The Detroit News and one of the TV news did an article a few years back where they showed "homeless, carboard sign carrying" persons leaving their "spot" at the end of the day, walking to their car and driving home.

There are WAY too many places that will actually give/help/shelter people that need it, all they gotta do is go to them.  The people at intersections, or hanging out by the stores, are likely scammers.  Are they all? No.  But no one is giving me money for nothing but sympathy.
If I feel like helping, I'll donate to a group or shelter (even a church ) that actually does something with the money other than buy cigs or booze.

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#47]
I give money to two different Christian organizations which offer food, shelter, and counseling to those who need help.   I never look down on the homeless or those who are down and out.  It does get tiring to go on a trip and land in a tourist area besieged by beggers.  But I don't look down on these people as I do not know their story.  Anyways,  I will not hand out money because that will likely go towards drugs and booze.  They know they can go to a local shelter for support.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just find it hard to believe you used those exact words... but hey, if you're really that belligerent then rock on with your bad self.

What would have been the point in posting it if I had something like "Sorry mam, I sure don't, please forgive me"?

These people piss me off, I wasn't THAT rude the first time, but getting it again 30 seconds later pissed me off. I said I thought it was funny afterwards, I just blurted out "Didn't I just tell you to fuck off" without really thinking about it.

I don't give a shit whether you believe it or not. Maybe you'd make up something stupid like that, but I wouldn't. And If I did, I'd make it big like I saw Hilliary Clinton and told her to fuck off.

Dumbass!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#49]
In reply to your begger story.I was in on the road showing Cutting Horses ,and was passing though Dallas Tx., I stopped to get diesel in a convience/gas store, damed near downtown ,in the middle of the night.I was pulling a six horse gooseneck trailer with a crew cab dually,as soon as. I pulled in ,I was swarmed by turds,(vagrants,undesirables).well because ,I spent so much time on the road .I brought my bills with me so ,I could send payments. When the first turd asked me for money.I took out my clear plastic folder full of bills and replied ,how about instead you pay these for me ,his mouth dropped open, he put his head down and walked away.I pumped quick and got out of there before ,I got robbed!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:12:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Whenever someone asks me for money, I usually ask them if they take credit...
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top