Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 4:11:27 PM EDT
When this was breaking news they said this was illegals kidnapping illegals, any mention of illegals
has been stripped from this story, how many LEGAL immigrants do you think kidnap family members
to collect drug dealing debts? kidnapping............its not just in mexico anymore

Three men face charges of kidnapping after raid
Deputies, FBI help free woman and cousin; drug trafficking thought to be the motive
MIKE GLENN
Houston Chronicle
Jan. 23, 2006
www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/3604759.html
Harris County Sheriff's deputies and FBI agents raided a home in north Houston early Sunday, freeing a woman and her teenage cousin who were being held by kidnappers.

The woman, 21, and her cousin, 16, were found about 12:30 a.m. inside the house in the 2200 block of Cochran. They had been bound, but otherwise unharmed.

"They were found in good condition," Harris County Sheriff's Sgt. Dana Wolfe said.

Three men were taken into custody and now face charges of aggravated kidnapping: Anthony Medrano, 24; Randy Solis, 26, and Augustine Ricardo Torres, 30.

The two victims were grabbed shortly after 11 p.m. Wednesday from a home in the 14300 block of Ella Boulevard in northwest Harris County. Investigators believe narcotics trafficking may be behind the abduction.

"They (the kidnappers) were trying to recoup some money that was owed to them by a family member" of the victims, Wolfe said.

Harris County sheriff's detectives asked the FBI to join the investigation soon after the victims were taken. About 24 agents and the Houston FBI office's SWAT team worked alongside deputies to track down the hostages and captors.

"We provided analytical, technical and investigative assistance, as well as manpower," FBI Special Agent Shauna Dunlap said. "It was a cooperative effort. It worked out well."

The victims were being held in a one-room apartment added onto the house. Alma Barraza was out with friends when her home security company called and said an alarm had been tripped.

"They asked if I wanted the police and I said, 'Most definitely,' " Barraza said.

Deputies and FBI agents surrounded the house when she arrived. Barraza later learned the alarm had been triggered by the SWAT team.

"They didn't allow me to get in because they said the house was a crime scene," Barraza said. "They asked me if I knew what was going on and I said, 'No.' "

The man who rented the rear apartment had been living there about six months. Barraza said she works all day and wasn't aware that the home had been used by suspected kidnappers.

"This is what amazes me," she said. "I never heard anything."
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Three men were taken into custody and now face charges of aggravated kidnapping: Anthony Medrano, 24; Randy Solis, 26, and Augustine Ricardo Torres, 30.

Anyone want to check and see if these arrest records are available to the public, or if they are sealed?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top