Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:32:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Those so-called "inert" assault weapons of baby-killing mass destruction have always scared me, and "the children".  I hope they do something for "the children".  No, I don't know who's children yet.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I simply do not understand.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#3]
They do way too many drugs in Washington.

I guess those little plastic "grenades" my boys still have from when they were younger would be a "no-no".

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#4]
way to many movies
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:41:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Have fake or "replica" rocket launchers been a big crime problem?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#6]
This is in Illinois after all.

-K
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Have fake or "replica" rocket launchers been a big crime problem?

They must be thinking ahead.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#8]
"Provides that it is unlawful for any person to purchase, possess, use, sell, give away, or otherwise transfer...  items similar to weapons designed and manufactured for military purposes or replicas of those items."

This would mean AR-15s, or non-gun AR replicas, or air5oft versions. I love how they over-generalize when making these laws, in case maybe they forgot to include something.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Its crazy these assholes want to ban everything it seems. So if i was to build an RPG out of PVC pipe that would be illegal according to them, how idiotic. Heres a couple of my toys, top one is bulgarian buttom is east german. RPG7 and RPG18. McM
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:40:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
"Provides that it is unlawful for any person to purchase, possess, use, sell, give away, or otherwise transfer...  items similar to weapons designed and manufactured for military purposes or replicas of those items."

This would mean AR-15s, or non-gun AR replicas, or air5oft versions. I love how they over-generalize when making these laws, in case maybe they forgot to include something.

Hell, THAT would ban a Ka-Bar.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Should I turn in my knock off P-38?hinking.gif
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:03:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Banned in Illinois:
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow, that wording would ban AR-15s, or even airsoft type stuff.  In IL, it'll probably pass.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

humvees.

(can be used as an expedient weapon )
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:10:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly. Bayonets, too. Can't even OWN them. Kinda makes the whole bayonet lug issue moot.

If this happens, I'd say that everyone will start hiding their stuff. The law wouldn't accomplish a thing, aside from open sale of such items.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

They probably learned their lesson from the AWB.
My WAG is that from a legal standpoint they need to generalize in order to capture things in a broad sweep that they couldn't target directly. [anti-gunner]It's not a weapons ban, it's a militaria ban that happens to include weapons. We don't want to ban weapons, we just want to make it so that you can't own them.[/anti-gunner]

[stewie]It's not so much that I want her dead. It's just that I don't want her to be alive anymore.[/stewie]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My WAG is that from a legal standpoint they need to generalize in order to capture things in a broad sweep that they couldn't target directly. [anti-gunner]It's not a weapons ban, it's a militaria ban that happens to include weapons. We don't want to ban weapons, we just want to make it so that you can't own them.[/anti-gunner]

[stewie]It's not so much that I want her dead. It's just that I don't want her to be alive anymore.[/stewie]

I wonder how broadly "similar" will be interpreted.  Damn near anything can be described as similar to military weapons.  Hell, a potato gun resembles a bazooka.

I'm sure it will pass...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I wonder how broadly "similar" will be interpreted.  Damn near anything can be described as similar to military weapons.  Hell, a potato gun resembles a bazooka.

I'm sure it will pass...

I wonder about legislation like this.
No one is this stupid. At least no one who could reach high public office, right?
I have to wonder if it isn't part of a larger campaign.
A smoke screen, or red herring to distract from the real work.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#21]
"Similar" could mean "similar in color," or "all guns that are black and scary-looking" or "any gun which has a round, cylindrical portion designed to discharge a projectile of death or other significant danger." To them, any black gun would look similar.

I wonder if it would include G.I. Joe weapons. They are similar in appearance.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#22]
No more "WAR TOYS".

But this can be construed as a backdoor AWB, too.

This is not good.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Ban replica bazookas?

Fuck Illinois
Fuck Rod Blagojevich and his communist, gun hating FOID rules
Fuck George Ryan and his crime friends.  (hope he gets years of prison)
Fuck these stupid California wannabees who think Chicago is special.

Someone needs to assault every one of them with a pitchfork and dare them to
defend themselves.

I moved out of Illinois because it is Illinois.  No other reason.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#24]
I wonder if this will allow them to outlaw spud guns.

They sure look like Bazookas to me.

Fucking retards.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure it will pass...

It is illinois....
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Garands, M1As, M1 carbines, 1911s, actually it would ban most everything with a trigger and a BBL.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Yet another state that needs to be seceeded from the union by force.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Yet another state that needs to be seceeded from the union by force.

I don't think they would mind that much really.  Being that IL is right in the middle of the US, they wouldn't need a military, and any taxes now payed to the feds by IL citizens would simply be diverted to fund IL .gov's pet projects.

I doubt their secession would make much of a difference really...

Honestly, I think it would be fun to watch the liberals try to create their own utopia without the pesky federal Constitution to block them.  The real fun would be watching it implode on itself.  The next question would be if what's left is worth reconquering.

No offense to those living in IL, just a thought exercise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top