Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 11:20:16 AM EDT
I've been in a semi-weekly dealer's choice poker game for about 10 years. This eventually devolves into the same guys calling the same games every week.

I want to bring some new games.  What are your favorites? Wild-card games are fine. We are not purists and certainly ain't Texas-Hold-'Em come latelies!!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#1]
It WAS Texas Hold 'Em before everybody and their mother decided that they were high rollers, following the repeated airing of TV poker tournaments.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Midnight baseball.  No funner way to win or lose $80 over the course of 5-10 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:39:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't really play poker just blackjack and I can play blackjack for hours at a time.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#4]
My favorite poker game is something we called three six nine.   Everyone antes and is dealt 3 cards.  6's and 9's are wild.  Going around the table each player announces if they are in or fold.  Anyone staying in is dealt 2 more cards.   Person with the best hand wins the pot and each person that stayed in has to MATCH the pot.  (We usually start out with a .50 ante.) The same dealer who called the game continues to deal until the game is over.  The game is over when only one person stays in and can beat a "dummy" hand dealt from the draw cards.  This can sometimes be a very long game.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:53:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've been in a semi-weekly dealer's choice poker game for about 10 years. This eventually devolves into the same guys calling the same games every week.

I want to bring some new games.  What are your favorites? Wild-card games are fine. We are not purists and certainly ain't Texas-Hold-'Em come latelies!!

Thanks!

So yeah, I'm on the Texas Hold'em bandwagon like everyone else.

But here is one of my favorite dealer  choice games called Seymore (see - more).

Goal: Make your best hand with five cards; sometiems we play hi-lo split which is fun in this game.

Constraints: you must use two and only two cards from your pocket, 1 card from the row of cards closest to the dealer,  and two cards from the second row or the third row from dealer but these last two rows must come from the same row.

1. Each player gets four cards.
2. Fifteen cards are laid in a 3 X 5 matrix
4.  Two of the five columns are revealed.
5.  1st betting round based on cards in pocket.
6. 3rd column revealed
7. betting round
8. 4th column revealed
9.  betting round
10. 5th column revealed
11. round of betting
12. Declaration of hi or lo (or both) by all simultaneously revealing 1, 2, or 3 chips in their hands
13. Betting round.
14. Show down, choose your two cards from the pocker and state your best hand.

i know it sounds complicated, but its a lot of fun.  I recommend structured betting with max number of raises.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:04:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Midnight baseball.  No funner way to win or lose $80 over the course of 5-10 minutes.

We've played this one!

One-card Screw Your Neighbor is a lot of fun too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top