Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#1]
No matter where I am at, if I am talking to a customer I am billing at $150 -> $225 per hour.  Mall, driving, home, wherever.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#2]
What is wit' all da hate, baby?  

Don't hate the player, hate the game!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#3]
garandman,
Poeple in nursing homes may consider you to be a snotty techno-nerd for using the Internet. And they'll rant about it on their typewritters.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:27:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
2. Wearing a cell phone is not a status symbol. At least not a good one.

The ONLY people who need to be THAT "connected" are drug addicts and drug dealers. Which are you?

You forget:

Regional Sales Rep
Relationship Managers
Financial Advisors
And many more careers that require frequent contact with customers and/or clients.

Get up with the times you relic.

WTF is that? PC for Shrink or Pimp?

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#5]

females going to college and in the workplace..you know...things change, for the better.

females that have children that have gone into the workplace have screwed up this country more than just about anything I can think of.

-If you have to go into the workplace to survive then fine
-If you have to go into the workplace because you made a bad choice for a husband or he changed into a dirtbag then fine
-If you go into the workplace because you want a career in spite of having kids at home...you are destroying the USA!
-If you go into the workplace because you want more material possessions but have kids at home see the previous comment

things don't always change for the better.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Walk around in New York City.  I'm not "anti-handsfree" or anything, but it's really obnoxious how cell phones are always attached to someone's head here.  What annoys me are those people who hold a phone to their head while they walk and don't talk. As far as I can tell, they do it only to avoid interacting with anyone else on the street.

Damn, that's a good idea, I'll try it at work.

Work is another story altogether.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You forget:

Regional Sales Rep
Relationship Managers
Financial Advisors
And many more careers that require frequent contact with customers and/or clients.

So because they are a professional, they NEED to have the "I'm at the conveneience store getting beer" conversation? Publicly? For EVERYONE to hear?

I may be need to get up with the times , but you need to get up with the phonics and reading comprehension skillz.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:30:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
garandman,
Poeple in nursing homes may consider you to be a snotty techno-nerd for using the Internet. And they'll rant about it on their typewritters.

And they SHOULD do so....WHEN I BOLT A PC TO MY HEAD.

You guys don't read much, do ya???

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#9]
My cell phone is the one they give you for free when you sign up.

It is only turned on when I want to call somebody.  The rest of the time, it collects pocket lint.  In the unfortunate event someone needs to call me, my job provides a pager.   Only VPs and above rate a Blackberry.  It is very much a fashion statement, like the RSA token key fob.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I keep one on in case I need to DRAW DOWN and possibly re-load while making a call.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#11]
they're great for people with no arms
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:41:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You forget:

Regional Sales Rep
Relationship Managers
Financial Advisors

So because they are a professional, they NEED to have the "I'm at the conveneience store getting beer" conversation? Publicly? For EVERYONE to hear?

I may be need to get up with the times , but you need to get up with the phonics and reading comprehension skillz.

I was in a bookstore the other day and some dude was talking VERY loudly about his DUI conviction on his cell phone.  This kind of stuff baffles me.  Do people really have no shame that they want to broadcast that they have a suspended licence, etc.  No descretion at all.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#15]

The ONLY people who need to be THAT "connected" are drug addicts and drug dealers. Which are you?

Dumbest. Thread. Ever.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Bravo on your post, sir!

My wife and I went to a shopping mall this weekend to return a Christmas gift, and I saw about 5 different twenty somethings walking around the mall with these things in their ears....not having phone conversations mind you.....just wearing them as if they were trying to make a fashion statement.

Sad really.

Quoted:
You may think your slick. Not so fast, there captain.

1. You look like an idiot. And that's being charitable.

In reality, you look like a Trekkie, trying to impersonate a Borg. Us "earthlings" are more inclined to shoot you on sight and save the planet from you than be impressed with your tech saavy.

3. When we go against our better judgment and do actually talk to you, and you tell us "Hold on, I gotta take this call..." we're having Star Trek flashbacks to when the Borg mother ship gets annihilated.

4. You aren't really that important.

We know you lead a pathetic life, and that you are trying to impress us with your pseudo importance. How do we know this? We hear your "vital" conversations. Usually they go "Hello...I'm at the convenience store buying beer...... What are you doing?.........Nah, I'm not going , just gonna hang out at my dumpy apartment and watch Oprah....yer not going either? OK, later."

DO you REALLY need a frikken cell phone bolted to your head for that????

Lots more could be said, but why bother? You won't listen....you have a "vital" phone call to take.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:57:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
  They are great for use while driving

RIiighht. That's why your weaing it IN THE MALL????? Just try to keep it under 15 mph heading into Spencers OK, hombre?

LMAO
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Fire bad!  Eat food cold, it better.  Fire just fashion statement.  Og had hair on fire at mall, what snob.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:02:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I have company cell phone that I am expected to keep on and answer 24/7.  When we made the change to Blackberrys I also received a bluetooth headset.  Don't know if you have ever tried talking on a BB but I feel much less ridiculous with a tiny earpiece than walking around looking like I am talking to my calculator.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#21]
It goes without saying that you look like a freak when wearing one, but they are the only way to fly if you have to use the phone while driving.

Walking around the mall with one? Poser. Or a kid that will grow up to be a poser.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Isn't this the same thing that people said about cell phones in general when they first came out?

1. Why do you need a phone away from home?
2. Do you think you're that important.
3. I can't stand it when I see people talking on one.
4. They looks so silly like they're talking to themselves
...blah blah blah

Ed
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:11:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Back when those things first came out I thought I was going to have to draw down on some guy.

I was with my girlfriend and her little 4 year old girl at the grocery store. I turn around and see this guy walking toward the kid talking to himself. I thought he was some kind of nut job and went on the defensive fast. Turns out he was going after some cheese next to the kid and was having a phone conversation with one of those things strapped to his head.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Eh.

I wear one when I'm driving and when I'm doing work that requires both hands and for me to be on the phone at the same time.  The rest of the time, I fold it up and put it in my pocket.

Here at the office, though, I spend a lot of time on the phone with people in other time zones, like Pacific, India, etc., and I have to type at the same time, so it's easier to wear a headset.  We have 120,000 square feet of raised floor I range around on, so a regular wire phone won't cut it.

Honestly, I can think of about a bajillion things that are more annoying than someone with a blue thing on their ear.

Cheers,

kk7sm
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a cell phone for work. When workday is over, it gets set aside just like a hammer or screwdriver. 24-hour on-call does suck tho.

My father, God love him, thinks the same way. So, I tried a little quasi-experiment. What I found is that he heard all the people having personal phone calls but he didn't hear any of the business related ones. What I think is that we hear what we can understand (that might explain why men often don't hear what a owman says ). So, unless you're a doctor, lawyer, salesperson, IT person, etc., your brain will filter those calls from your eavesdropping and you'll only hear those things you understand. Unless you're just a Nosey Nellie and just like to walk around listening to other peoples calls.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#27]
A couple of months ago I saw a women walking around wearing a big ass headset connected to her phone, it was one of those xbox headsets. I tryed my best not to laugh, but I couldn't help it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Dumbest. Thread. Ever.

If it takes ingestion of food to create a marked spike in your intelligence (see graph above) then THIS post ain't your problem.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

In reality, you look like a Trekkie, trying to impersonate a Borg. Us "earthlings" are more inclined to shoot you on sight and save the planet from you than be impressed with your tech saavy.

Do you get double points if they are wearing a red shirt?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:44:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't give a crap what anyone says, i have a bluetooth headset that i use while i'm driving. I have never taken it or will ever take it with me out in public because it's pointless & stupid, but it works great & is very practical while driving.  

While driving is a GOOD idea.

In the convenience store (as I posted illustratively) NO WAY.

what if you're on the phone while driving, and you HAVE to stop off at the convenience store, but the person on the other end of the line is your needy/clingy gf/wife, and you can't hang up on them?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#31]
I use it all the time. Leaves my hands free to do other things while I talk. I can walk around the house while the cell phone charges instad of being tied to the wall. It also is handy because my arm/shoulder/neck don't get cramped up from being on the phone extended periods of time.

I never would have imagined anyone would care whether I have a wireless headset or not.

And for my witty repartee: I may look like like a trekkie, but you're ugly and I can take my headset off.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
A couple of months ago I saw a women walking around wearing a big ass headset connected to her phone, it was one of those xbox headsets. I tryed my best not to laugh, but I couldn't help it.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
what if you're on the phone while driving, and you HAVE to stop off at the convenience store, but the person on the other end of the line is your needy/clingy gf/wife, and you can't hang up on them?

Stay in your car until yer done.

DO NOT burden us with your life.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I use it all the time. Leaves my hands free to do other things while I talk. I can walk around the house while the cell phone charges instad of being tied to the wall.

If you want to look like a mega-nerd tron geek in your house, have at it.

And for my witty repartee: I may look like like a trekkie, but you're ugly and I can take my headset off.

And I'd rather be born ugly than INTENTIONALLY make myself look like a dork.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
  They are great for use while driving

RIiighht. That's why your weaing it IN THE MALL????? Just try to keep it under 15 mph heading into Spencers OK, hombre?

LMAO
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.icaro2000.com/Products/Helmets/UL/Headset%20L.jpg

BWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! I don't care who you are that's funny.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:15:03 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i1.tinypic.com/mkho3l.jpg

OK OK, if you want to look a little nerdy, then.....
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i1.tinypic.com/mkho3l.jpg

OK OK, if you want to look a little nerdy, then.....

Garandman,

God just called me (from his BlueTooth BTW).  He asked me to remind you that HE created us all and all of our differences.  He knew us before we were born.  He created the man who invented the cell phone and the wireless headset.  He created all the techno geeks and yuppies.  By hating them he said and I quote "you are hating ME."  The earth rumbled a bit when he said it.  I think he meant it.  

Oh yeah, he also said lighten up.  You are supposed to work for Him, not vice versa.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:29:33 PM EDT
[#40]
I think they are ghey.  I talk on the phone like you are suppose to.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Garandman,

God just called me (from his BlueTooth BTW).  He asked me to remind you that HE created us all and all of our differences.  He knew us before we were born.  He created the man who invented the cell phone and the wireless headset.  He created all the techno geeks and yuppies.  By hating them he said and I quote "you are hating ME."  The earth rumbled a bit when he said it.  I think he meant it.  

Oh yeah, he also said lighten up.  You are supposed to work for Him, not vice versa.

And they whine about ME bringing religion into everything.

Weak, dude.

If you can't see the sarcasm / satire, get a life.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
You may think your slick. Not so fast, there captain.

1. You look like an idiot. And that's being charitable.

3. When we go against our better judgment and do actually talk to you, and you tell us "Hold on, I gotta take this call..." we're having Star Trek flashbacks to when the Borg mother ship gets annihilated.

4. You aren't really that important.

We know you lead a pathetic life, and that you are trying to impress us with your pseudo importance. How do we know this? We hear your "vital" conversations. Usually they go "Hello...I'm at the convenience store buying beer...... What are you doing?.........Nah, I'm not going , just gonna hang out at my dumpy apartment and watch Oprah....yer not going either? OK, later."

DO you REALLY need a frikken cell phone bolted to your head for that????

Lots more could be said, but why bother? You won't listen....you have a "vital" phone call to take.

Get a horse.

SBG
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I think they are silly looking too, but sighting STAR TREK references to back up your arguement puts you in the exact same category, partner.

That's some funny shit!  I've been calling my cellphone a "tricorder" for a couple of years now!

I use my cellphone sparingly in public.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Get a horse.

SBG

Get a mirror.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Garandman,

Weak, dude.

Gee, I thought my post was loaded with sarcasm.  Hmmpphh, guess I was wrong.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#46]
I've seen them on people before, but please tell me how the hell you dial the number cause I did not see any buttons on the damn thing?

They do look pretty trekk-ish...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:36:06 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
One thing I cannot stand and will NEVER do is: Wear my damn cell phone on a belt clip on my pants. I freaking hate that crap.  Put it in your pocket.

Some are too large to keep in your pocket, especially the PDA/phones like Blackberry's.

Kharn

That's true.  I wear my cellphone on my belt because I need the pocket space for my J-frame and reloads.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Garandman,

Weak, dude.

Gee, I thought my post was loaded with sarcasm.  Hmmpphh, guess I was wrong.

Being a Christian who takes his relationship with God seriously, when someone comes at me with "Yer not a good Chrsitian" there's scant little humor in that, for me.

SOrry if I missed it, but I'm predisposed NOT to see it.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I've seen them on people before, but please tell me how the hell you dial the number cause I did not see any buttons on the damn thing?

One button. You push it and it asks for a command. You say 'name dial' to dial by name from the phonebook and say the name when prompted or 'number dial' and dictate the number. It is very effective.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One button. You push it and it asks for a command. You say 'name dial' to dial by name from the phonebook and say the name when prompted or 'number dial' and dictate the number. It is very effective   nerdy  

How do you get the names / numbers in there? Voice recognition?

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top