Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 10:05:11 AM EDT
I watched Dennis Miller last night on HBO and as usual he touched all the political hot buttons.

His one lines had me in stitches all night. Then he hit my funny bone with the US/Mexico border situation.

"We now have better security at Border’s bookstores than at our actual borders."

"After dark, if you’re wearing night vision goggles it looks like the start of the Boston Marathon."

I love the guy and hope he runs for office somewhere someday. I couldn't agree more with his stance on all politics from the space program, welfare, to sealing the borders. He is a man that knows how the real world works and we need that right now.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:06:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I miss him from Monday Night Football.  Much better than Madden.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought he sucked on MNF and he was trying to hard to be funny. If he did not try so hard I think he would have done better.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:14:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I saw his HBO 'special' or whatever it was.  Somewhat humorous, mostly not.  I'm afraid his best years are behind him, which is a damn shame, he was a straight shooter and delievered teh funney.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I like him but where is he on the 2nd Amndt?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I thought he sucked on MNF and he was trying to hard to be funny. If he did not try so hard I think he would have done better.

Yes, but look who they replaced him with - madden.

I would rather listen to Ben Stein talk about football than John Madden,
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Personally, I think he's fucking hilarious.

~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I like him but where is he on the 2nd Amndt?

I think he would have been classified as major anti- in the past.  Now, though, he's moderated almost all his views and has swung far right on many of them.

The thing about Miller is that he is smart enough to change his views if convinced by logical, cogent arguments.  Unfortunately he was immersed in Hollyweird way too long.  His exposure to normal people was limited and he lived in a vacuum like everyone else out there.  Since his MNF gig and shows have hit hard times it seems he's had much more varied experiences and influences.  Having kids has helped, too, I think.  

Even if still anti- I bet a good date and a visit to a range would be enough to get him on board.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#9]
That guy is SOOOO Far from funny...Arrogant ass would describe Dennis Miller.. Now if you ask HIM if he is funny.....Thats a different story.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I used to hate the arrogant ass.

Now I love him.  I even read his book.  Pretty funny.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:39:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Heard him say regarding his solution to the illegal border crossings and worker amnesty:

"If we hire the illegals to build a wall between the US and Mexico, then at the last minute before they put the last brick in....,push'em all back over to Mexico."

Has my vote
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That guy is SOOOO Far from funny...Arrogant ass would describe Dennis Miller.. Now if you ask HIM if he is funny.....Thats a different story.

Have you checked him out lately? If you like this site and the ideas of the people here you will love his new stance on the world.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:52:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Heard him say regarding his solution to the illegal border crossings and worker amnesty:

"If we hire the illegals to build a wall between the US and Mexico, then at the last minute before they put the last brick in....,push'em all back over to Mexico."

Has my vote

Pretty funny.  Does he still have a talk show on MSNBC (iirc)?  Thought that was pretty funny, but they started changing the format and it went down hill a bit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:58:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Very good, he loves to bait people too..
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Very quick witted, he get's my vote for funny as hell!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

+1

I don't know who in the hell hired him for MNF.  That was a dumb stunt.  Cannot stand Madden either, but atleast he has a football background.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#17]
He's one of the few hollywood guys on our side. Anyone in hollywood who takes a stance against the liberal norm can drink outta my canteen any day!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#18]
People who think Dennis Miller is NOT funny probably are the ones who think Adam Sandler IS funny.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#19]
I love the way my wife's face clouds over when he starts making those obscure references.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Any fans of Miller know what he's doing these days?  I don't think he currently has a show.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:11:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Any fans of Miller know what he's doing these days?  I don't think he currently has a show.

Nope, no show as of now. He's doing the stand up comic circuit. The rumor mill said he *might* run for some sort of office in Kalifornia.

I say "Miller for prez in 08"
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I watched some of the show on HBO last night too. He's definetely on track with his views. He's pretty funny too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Big lib who saw the light after Sep 11, 2001.  Glad to have him aboard!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Dennis Miller on Gun Control

http://anon.salon.speedera.net/anon.salon/mp3s/millerd1.mp3

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Dennis Miller on Gun Control

http://anon.salon.speedera.net/anon.salon/mp3s/millerd1.mp3

Again, this is from a while ago and from a guy who's probably never fired a real gun for fun.  Get him on the range, put something full-auto in his hands and turn him loose.  I bet he'd convert easily.  A lot of lefties would but most would then say they should be allowed to have such fun toys (cuz they're smarter than me and you) but the rest of society shouldn't.  I think Miller would just say, "I had more fun than Don Corleone at a Louisville Slugger factory.  Where's the ammo?"
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
People who think Dennis Miller is NOT funny probably are the ones who think Adam Sandler IS funny.

+1

You pegged that pretty good I think.  Adam Sandler is a no-talent assclown.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#28]
I like the guy, but when he laughs at his own jokes he can get annoying.

He was the featured entertainer at an event my company put on a while back. I asked some of my joe sixpack football fan coworkers if they were going, and they all hated him because of the MNF stint. I don't think he could ever win an election.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I like the guy, but when he laughs at his own jokes he can get annoying.

He was the featured entertainer at an event my company put on a while back. I asked some of my joe sixpack football fan coworkers if they were going, and they all hated him because of the MNF stint. I don't think he could ever win an election.

I would like to think he represents the blue collar joe 6pack slice of America and that maybe, just maybe he would get elected. Hell Arnold Schwarzenegger got elected.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top