Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 9:34:00 AM EDT
I know about the movie forum, if this needs to be moved, so be it.  I hope the better traffic here gets me the answer before the shift.

How did Sam know the case he was handed was a bomb/fake ( I guess meaning it's fake, so it must be a bomb)?

The first time, I assumed the residue on his palm was some type of explosive/bombmaking stuff, so he knew it was going to blow.

But today, watching it the second time, he asked Lilleth or whatever her name is to get the paint off his jacket, it was silver, like the residue.

So, was it just the paint that tipped him?  

Why would the guy need fresh paint on the phony case?  They had tons of photos of the real case, he could have arranged for a dupe early enough to have dry paint.

So what gives?    
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:02:50 AM EDT
[#1]
If they didn't notice the case was fake they woulda blowed up and that would be the end of the movie
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:06:19 AM EDT
[#3]
What I want to know is, "What kind of pistol did the bad guy use to blow the lock off the gate?"

www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot5.htm

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:08:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What I want to know is, "What kind of pistol did the bad guy use to blow the lock off the gate?"

the same one Pacino used in Heat
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#5]
The paint was too fresh and rubbed off.

Our boy was quick to figure out that meant the case was fake, if it's a fake, it's probably dangerous

The guy had to paint the case because he didn't know what color to buy ahead of time.

Once they had pics of the case, he couldn't break free to go buy one
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:11:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So, was it just the paint that tipped him?  

Why would the guy need fresh paint on the phony case?  They had tons of photos of the real case, he could have arranged for a dupe early enough to have dry paint.

Yes, silver paint.  Why it didn't dry?  Maybe he bought oil based.  Those kooky Russians!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Haha! I learned that years ago when I was 18. I lost the key to the lock on the cheap plastic case of my USP so my buddy and I got the bright idea shoot the lock off with his 9mm glock. No need to tell me how stupid this idea was guys. So, we offset the lock and carefully aim and fire and WHOOOOOOOSH the lock goes flying into the air and the USP case falls to the ground with a broken handle. We picked up the lock and it was slightly dented. It was my first dose of reality when it comes to guns in real life vs TV/movies.

If I seriously had to shoot a lock off, I'd take aim for the loop of the lock with a rifle.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:22:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Actually I think he knew what kind of case it was, had to bring along one a different color since someone would notice if they brought the same case along. Then he painted it just before the switch since he was alone in the truck.
Makes more sense then it was in the script.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:24:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

He was obviously shooting bullets sprayed with teflon . DUH
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:26:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Haha! I learned that years ago when I was 18. I lost the key to the lock on the cheap plastic case of my USP so my buddy and I got the bright idea shoot the lock off with his 9mm glock. No need to tell me how stupid this idea was guys. So, we offset the lock and carefully aim and fire and WHOOOOOOOSH the lock goes flying into the air and the USP case falls to the ground with a broken handle. We picked up the lock and it was slightly dented. It was my first dose of reality when it comes to guns in real life vs TV/movies.

If I seriously had to shoot a lock off, I'd take aim for the loop of the lock with a rifle.

Could use the flash hider CMMG sells that is made for cutting rebar, theyve got a video of it on the site.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So what gives?    

I don't remember.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top