Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 1:51:11 AM EDT
Ill be honest, I never understood the speed lingo... Upper case this lower case that...

Is 16.4 mbs upload good?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:01:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I hate you with a passion that can't be expressed in words.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:02:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I hate you with a passion that can't be expressed in words.

Ill take that as a yes.....
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:17:53 AM EDT
[#3]
It really depends.  

I've got what I consider to be an excellent cable service - with realistic 600K down, 75K up.  My mother lives in MO and pays the same price for her cable.  She gets 300K down, 25K up.  

16K isn't horrible, but if it were me, I'd probably be complaining.  If you do any online gaming, it's going to become a choke point for you pretty quickly.

I wish you luck!

ETA:  I wrote this assuming you meant 16.4K up.  If you actually mean 16.4Mbps up, then you're being a
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:23:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It really depends.  

I've got what I consider to be an excellent cable service - with realistic 600K down, 75K up.  My mother lives in MO and pays the same price for her cable.  She gets 300K down, 25K up.  

16K isn't horrible, but if it were me, I'd probably be complaining.  If you do any online gaming, it's going to become a choke point for you pretty quickly.

I wish you luck!

ETA:  I wrote this assuming you meant 16.4K up.  If you actually mean 16.4Mbps up, then you're being a

Dude, my cable is slow and I get 4,200K down and 350K up. You sure you're not missing some zeros in there?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:28:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It really depends.  

I wish you luck!

There is no way this is uploading at 16k.. Going way to fast.. So I suppose its supposed to be 16Mbs
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:30:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Nah.. 16.4mbs only equals 2.05MB/sec   It's ok I guess.

ETA, Is that on a T or do you have FTTP (FIOS)  thats about what you would get woth FIOS.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:32:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm sitting on 4.3mbit up/down right now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:40:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Im on a DS3. I honestly dont know what its uploading at anymore.... I know this thing is faster than 2megs a sec though.... All fiber all the time....

I think its just reading wrong and i did in fact hit 16Megs....

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:54:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Im on a DS3. I honestly dont know what its uploading at anymore.... I know this thing is faster than 2megs a sec though.... All fiber all the time....

Thats better

Got 100mb enet from my desk at work to the core switch fed by a sprint OC12  
Gig E is going in soon.  Need a faster box at work
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:55:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats better

Got 100mb enet from my desk at work to the core switch fed by a sprint OC12  
Gig E is going in soon.  Need a faster box at work

We are getting rid of our 3 DS3's and supposedly getting a 10Gb connection (If I got the right upper/lower case in there)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top