Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/24/2006 11:25:29 PM EDT
One word, fuckenfast!

Click Here!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:30:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Shity damn video, but yeah, he be fast yo....
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:47:58 PM EDT
[#2]
What, no replies about Chuck Norris yet? You guys are getting slow.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What, no replies about Chuck Norris yet? You guys are getting slow.

"My bologna has a first name...It's Chuck Norris"

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:51:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I love to see good Tae kwon do and not the the bullshit we see in the states.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:52:56 PM EDT
[#5]
More vids: http://groups.myspace.com/WTFtaekwondo
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:54:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Fast!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:55:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:56:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
More vids: http://groups.myspace.com/WTFtaekwondo

Pansies are wearing padding... meh...

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:13:41 AM EDT
[#9]
The Kung Fu guy looked smoother and better centered. I'm betting that if things had been more serious the Tae guy would have been hurting.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:51:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The Kung Fu guy looked smoother and better centered. I'm betting that if things had been more serious the Tae guy would have been hurting.

+1
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:53:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Whole lotta moves, and no true contact.

Two skilled men, who can see the opponents moves coming.

What would be more interesting would be Kung Fu guy meets heavyweight boxer, in the ring.

Skilled defense verses irregular attack & overwhelming power.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:14:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Cool song, did anyone get ever get hit?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:15:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Wasnt a real fight/competition... More an exibition
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:12:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasnt a real fight/competition... More an exibition

yeah, but you could tell that monk could have brought it down hard if he wanted to.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:31:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

What would be more interesting would be Kung Fu guy meets heavyweight boxer, in the ring.

Id like to see either one of them against any of the main players in the UFC, I can see a orthodox martial artist getting their ass kicked really fast.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:33:18 AM EDT
[#16]
The monk saw every move coming and evaded/blocked everything.  The TKD guy was doing an awful lot of unnessesary moving and would have gotten tired out after too long
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:39:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Squatdog would have taken them both down with a "full power shot".
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:40:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Jack Bauer would have shot them both and pounded a beer
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:50:37 AM EDT
[#19]
I'd put my money on gung fu . The guy is relaxed and smooth open hand , "Grand ultimate fist" The force (Chi) is w/ him .
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:52:19 AM EDT
[#20]
I still think Gracie would beat either one.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:54:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Id like to see either one of them against any of the main players in the UFC, I can see a orthodox martial artist getting their ass kicked really fast.

I think if it were outside the octagon the martial artist would do alright...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:55:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:59:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I still think Gracie would beat either one.

That would be a hell of a match , If the grappler could get hold of him I think it would be over pretty quick .

I dont think he could though , as to grapple you close w/ the opponet . That "closing" would cost him . The respect the monk's opponet showed spoke volumes .

ETA push hands is nearly unbelieveable .
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:01:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:01:20 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I'd put my money on gung fu . The guy is relaxed and smooth open hand , "Grand ultimate fist" The force (Chi) is w/ him .

+1

Even though he was trained in a hard style, I'd put my money on the Shaolin.

The difference is in how the individual arts themselves are engineered based upon terrain.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:04:49 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
The monk saw every move coming and evaded/blocked everything.  The TKD guy was doing an awful lot of unnessesary moving and would have gotten tired out after too long

- The endurance level of top level TKD players is freaky awesome.  Guys like the Lopez brothers, Clayton bareber, etc can keep going like the energizer bunny.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:10:14 AM EDT
[#27]
It is odd to see the monk make a truly offensive manuever at his opponent. Usually the style is a more reactive than pro-active.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:12:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Its an demonstration. You can tell they werent trying to hit each other the way some of that stuff was getting thrown.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#29]
tag
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Damn, that monk's balance is incredible.

His confidence is what would keep me from tangling with him.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

You ain't kidding there!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:11:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Dodge this.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Tag so I can watch it when I get home.

ETA:  Damn!  Very cool!  Glad I watched it.

-K
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#34]
TaG!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#35]
It probably was an exhibition, but noetheless, both were good at their respective style.

If they really went for it, it would be really hard to tell. The Shaolin Monk was definitely well centered, but the TKd guy was a lot more dynamic.

First time TKD guy goes for kick on the weak side, he managed to push monk to the corner. A few moments later when Shaolin made his move, you can see he stopped kicking because he saw that they were near the edge of the ring and TKD moved to the side.

For the quality of video, I think it was done from a VHS from years ago, without the song.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Cool song

Take Me Out, by Franz Ferdinand.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:55:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Pahrump-Do trumps all of them.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wrong!  A UFC fighter might win in sport fighting.  There is a big difference in MMA sport fighting and true martial artists.  You can take a really good athlete and provide some good training for two or three years and they will be able to compete well in MMA.  That does not mean that they have the ability or skill set to deal with an accomplished martial artist in a real fight.  Remember, in MMA, you can always tap out.  A brawler can do well in MMA, but competitors with martial arts or wrestling background fighters will do better.  There are very few people who could deal with Royce Gracie or Chuck Norris types in a real fight.  Stephan Bonner and Forrest Griffin have essentially NO skills other than the fact that they are tough.  Pride fighters are much scarier to me than most fighters in the UFC.  UFC is marketed EXTREMELY well and have people believing that they are the best fighters in the world.  I think not.  This, of course, is just my opinion.

Blake
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#39]
A really cool demonstration of techique and such, but they would get utterly destroyed in any high level MMA contest (UFC, PRIDE).
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Mr. Monk had a lot of grace and a lot of disciplined skill.

I think he'd have a horrific time with the UFC guys running around these days.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wrong!  A UFC fighter might win in sport fighting.  There is a big difference in MMA sport fighting and true martial artists.  You can take a really good athlete and provide some good training for two or three years and they will be able to compete well in MMA.  That does not mean that they have the ability or skill set to deal with an accomplished martial artist in a real fight.  Remember, in MMA, you can always tap out.  A brawler can do well in MMA, but competitors with martial arts or wrestling background fighters will do better.  There are very few people who could deal with Royce Gracie or Chuck Norris types in a real fight.  Stephan Bonner and Forrest Griffin have essentially NO skills other than the fact that they are tough.  Pride fighters are much scarier to me than most fighters in the UFC.  UFC is marketed EXTREMELY well and have people believing that they are the best fighters in the world.  I think not.  This, of course, is just my opinion.

Blake

Forest has a lack of skill?  Considering who his trainers are and the level of success he has been seeing in MMA circles over the past few years I doubt that he lacks skill.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Most battles are won before they're fought.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Did some say CHUCK NORRIS?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Wow.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:38:32 PM EDT
[#45]
There's all kinds of cool legends and stories about Shaolin Monks and the stuff they can do.  You could tell that Monk was holding alot back.  All this talk of MMA fighters, I doubt any of them could get close enough to get him to the ground.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:03:15 AM EDT
[#46]
There are reasons you do not mess with *real* monks. Their conditioning is not earthly, they can fight from all 4 distances (kicking, Punching/closing, trapping and grappling) They are masters of multiple weapons (short, long, bladed, hinged) Not to mention a high degree of knowledge of the human anatomy, Chin Na, Chi-kung and Iron Palm to name a few more.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:17:39 AM EDT
[#47]
The hype is strong in this thread
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:01:08 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Hey I've seen some of the stuff Shaolin Monks can do, and it doesn't seem humanly possible, but they do it.  It's not hype.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:21:51 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey I've seen some of the stuff Shaolin Monks can do, and it doesn't seem humanly possible, but they do it.  It's not hype.

Most of the things they do and attribute to "chi" or "ki" have been shown in the past to be nothing more than stage tricks. Kung-Fu practioners as a whole tend to have a lot of mysticism surrounding them. Thanks mainly to numerous people spending their Saturday afternoons watching Blackbelt Theater.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:27:21 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What can they do? Fly like the chop-socky movies? Can they balance on top of bamboo trees 75' in the air?

Cool, I'd like to see that.

I'd bet he would use mind bullets to repel a talented 245lb gracie-esque grappler who closes on him, instead of falling to the floor and twisting like a pretzel combating a fighting style the Chinese don't train for. But, you're right, he's a bonerfied Shaolin monk, and that counters overwhelming strength and durability.

Think he can drive a nail through a board with his penis?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top