Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/24/2006 9:25:16 PM EDT
Figured this would get more traffic than in the fitness forum - and a more even spread of answers.

Do you have a workout program that you follow (say regularly work out 3 times a week or more)?

Do you have to force yourself to do it or do you look forward to it?

If you miss a day or two due to illness or scheduling, do you feel bad / start to miss it?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:28:41 PM EDT
I've been trying to start a running program but there's been a persistent cold streak for the last week and a half that makes it hard to do. So I just stick to the weights and calesthenics part, every other day.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:29:49 PM EDT
Nope, although I do play hockey 2-3 times a week. Does that count?

~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:30:06 PM EDT
Yes.
Everyday to the gym.
Run every other day.
doc is a lean, mean fighting machine.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:30:17 PM EDT
Does sex count?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:31:14 PM EDT
of the people that lift:

do you use supplements? what kinds? how often?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:43:30 PM EDT
I run 4 - 5 times a week

push ups, sit ups 4 -5 times a week

long brisk walks, hiking

try to eat a healthy diet
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:46:19 PM EDT
Yes, a lot.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:47:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mtechgunman:
of the people that lift:

Nah.
I don't see the point.
I just lift for strength, not for looks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:51:25 PM EDT
That is a good idea. I think I will try it, my kids have been trying to get me to be more physically active for awhile.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:55:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By thedoctors308:

of the people that lift:

Nah.
I don't see the point.

i thought the same way, but since i am lifting 4-5 times a week i went on whey protein and creatine. since i went on it, i noticed that my muscles aren't nearly as sore as they usually are. dont know how long i will stay on it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:58:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By thedoctors308:

of the people that lift:

Nah.
I don't see the point.

i thought the same way, but since i am lifting 4-5 times a week i went on whey protein and creatine. since i went on it, i noticed that my muscles aren't nearly as sore as they usually are. dont know how long i will stay on it.

Then I think i might look into it.
No harm to switch things up a bit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:29:37 AM EDT
I'm basically a crash-test dummy. I started playing Lacrosse (goal) again after 29 years out of it. 2 hour practice on Thursday and 1-2 games on Sunday. Most of the black/blue has faded by Thursday. I'm going to get back to lifting and running more than once a week, too. Stay safe
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:49:06 AM EDT
Lift 3x a week and cardio 2x more. I skip the weekends now.
Sup's Lots of Whey Protien
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:52:17 AM EDT
5 days a week.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:00:03 AM EDT
5-6 days a week,

sometimes I have to force myself, but usually once I start I dno't want to stop. If I miss a couple days I feel like hell, but the good news is, the better shape I keep myself in, the less I get sick
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:04:56 AM EDT
5 days a week, twice a day.
Cardio in the morning, all 5 days.
Lift in the evening 3 days (4 when I am in my heavy cycle...right now, I am in my light cycle.)
Tae Kwon Do the other 2 evenings.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:07:08 AM EDT
What does Whey protein do for you? Is it a powder or pill?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:08:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bastiat:
Figured this would get more traffic than in the fitness forum - and a more even spread of answers.

Do you have a workout program that you follow (say regularly work out 3 times a week or more)?

Do you have to force yourself to do it or do you look forward to it?

If you miss a day or two due to illness or scheduling, do you feel bad / start to miss it?

The core of my program is a whole-body strenth training routine I do 3 days per week. It's not hardocre but it's also not easy. I'm very pleased with the results I'm seeing.

I also do cardio on a Schwinn Airdyne 3 days per week. Minimum 5 miles (18-20 minutes at my pace).

I stick to mostly healthy foods, eat when I am truly hungry (not bored or dehydrated), and rarely eat until I feel full.

I've dropped 22 lbs since Thanksgiving using this approach and I'm down 40 pounds total from this time last year.

I don't necessarily look forward to working out but I also don't have to force myself because I LOVE how I feel afterwards. If I miss a day or two I don't sweat it. It would take a LOT more than 1-2 missed days to harm the progress I've made.

Life is good and getting better!

January 2005 weight: 378 lbs
Thanksgiving 2005 weight: 360 lbs
January 25, 2006 weight: 338 lbs

and I'm just getting started!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:13:59 AM EDT
That's a pretty darn good accomplishment so far, corwin. keep it up!

Yes, I PT 4 days a week, includes 3-5 miles running, pushups, abs, and lift 2x a week.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:13:59 AM EDT
I was doing really well for a while, then started slacking off. I really need to get my ass in gear again.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:22:42 AM EDT
Walk, run or bicycle to work depending on the season. It is a pain in the winter with occasional single digits but is frequently the only time I can spare. I do some work on the treadmill and weight machine but it is more sporatic due to my schedule. I have to go to work so I make that my work out time.
Top Top