Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 6:22:26 PM EDT
Last night, I toss my cell phone on the charger, and everything is groovy.

This morning, the display has no back light.  No LED on the fron display, not backlinght for the main display.  Otherwise, everything is fine.

I go to the "authorized" store I bought it at, and they try all the tricks.  Yep, it is DEAD.  They call up t-mobile (my service) and apparently I bought it 1 year and 5 days ago.  It is 5 days out of warranty, and thus a throw away.

Argh, I spend good money for a quality phone that works worldwide since I travel a lot, and it dies in 370 days.  Sigh, a cap to a long a cruddy day.

Geoff - ranting a bit
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#2]
5 days? No, they would be replacing it one way or another...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I wouldn't have stopped working if you bought an extended warranty.    

Those are generally rip-offs unless its a big ticket item. A phone that quits after a year? Don't get me started on QC.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:38:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wouldn't have stopped working if you bought an extended warranty.    

Those are generally rip-offs unless its a big ticket item. A phone that quits after a year? Don't get me started on QC.

I think you missed the point.  

Sleep well knowing that, however, didn't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top