Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 6:14:22 PM EDT
Some of you may remember a while back I asked for advice about taking my girlfriend shooting for the first time...well I did and it went pretty well.  But I'm just now getting around to posting the pics.  So here are a couple.  Thanks to all those who gave suggestions on how to make it more enjoyable for her

I realized a moment after she shot the 1911 that she had taken the glasses off, and she put them back on, fortunately, nothing catastrophic happened in that time...

This was one of her favorites, a .38 spcl a gentleman there let us shoot; there was a bit of swapping, they borrowed my AR and let us shoot this snubby and the 1911 in the next picture.

One of my favorites, note the brass

With my Marlin .22 Mag

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool pics! Why is the range so dark?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that "Michelle" from 24 ?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:44:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Indoors?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice pics. Tell her to bring the weapon to her eyes, and keep her chin up. Glad to see someone else gettin their woman out shootin.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Flying brass pic has safety glasses on bench.  It only takes once to lose an eye forever.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:50:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like the old indoor range at my Guard unit before NYS shut down all their indoor ranges. Nice pics.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:19:06 PM EDT
[#7]
That range is indoors, but the flash of the camera illuminates the foreground and makes a stark contrast with the background, which isn't as dark as it appears.

Yeah, she was taking the glasses off between guns since all I had were the dark outdoor ones.  

She got better about stance as the day progressed.  She started with my brother's 10/22 then my .22 Mag and then the older fellow offered the handguns.   I think she was scared at first but now she wants me to build her a 10/22....

What have I done.....
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
One of my favorites, note the brass
i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/nathan210/DSC01091.jpg" data-featherlight="image" target="_blank">i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/nathan210/DSC01091.jpg" />

A great pic.  For both the Good, and the Bad.  
She seems to have a proper grip, & appears to be handling the recoil of a .45 well.  
Sweet.

As mentioned,   she should lift her chin, but that's minor.

note the brass

Exactly.  And the lack of eye protection.  
Don't EVER let someone you care about do that again.  (yes, I've been guilty too.)

The eyewear on the table appears to have dark lenses.  The indoor range seems dark in the pics.  You can get some decent yellow lensed shooting glasses for about $8 bucks at wally-world.

Still a very neat pic,,  love this part of it:

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Clearly its a zombie attack training facility.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Unless you balance your flash againt the available light, the camera will meter on the closest or brightest object in the frame.  She is closest to the camera, so the exposure is based on the amount of light reflected off her.  Light drop-off is an inverse-square thing, so an object twice as far from the camera as the subject only recieves one-fourth as much light from the flash.  Off-camera lighting can be arranged to balance the amount of light between the subject and the background.  Bouncing the flash off the ceiling or a wall can also help even out the lighting.
/photo geek mode off

Nice pics.  It's always good to see new shooters.  Buy her a Buckmark and a brick of Mini-mags.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Why'd they take down the indoor ranges? Public ranges, cop ranges, or NG ranges?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:13:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Why'd they take down the indoor ranges? Public ranges, cop ranges, or NG ranges?

NG. EPA was going to make them spend tens of thousands of dollars for periodic lead removal.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Clearly its a zombie attack training facility.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#14]
my wife always stand like that when shooting no matter how many times i tell her to get in there. women must inherently lean back and put that one leg forward for some reason. grrr square off ladies,square off
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I really do think they ALL do that. No matter how many times you try to get them to not lean back, they continue to do it! I gave up and just let them stand like that
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a picture where she's shooting my AR that she's leaning in.  But I think in the rest she's leaning back like above.  I guess it's at least partially for her a nervousness about the gun, but she did get better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top