Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 3:29:58 PM EDT
Anyone shot both?

I had a chance to shoot the scandium framed S&W .44 Mag with full house loads a couple of weeks ago and was wondering how it compares to the .500 mag.  

BTW, the scandium .44 pretty much hurts to shoot.  I suppose if there was a grizzly chewing on my leg I'd get over it and put a couple of rounds into him, but aside from that eventuality, I can't think of another reason to shoot it again.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I suppose if there was a grizzly chewing on my leg I'd get over it and put a couple of rounds into him, but aside from that eventuality, I can't think of another reason to shoot it again.  

That must have REALLY hurt.

Disconnector
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#2]
the .500 is suprisingly managable.  it didn't have anywhere near the recoil i thought it would.  i even have a video of a 115 pound women firing it during one of our range trips...  she had no trouble handling it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
My boss has a 500 and a 460
abuddy has a 329
that scanduim 44 is fucking nasty recoilwise
but he likes to dig out some 300gr handloads for people to shoot in that thing
the 500 and 460 recoil alot but are not vicious
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top