Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 1:29:11 PM EDT
I was in my local gun store and salesman said the Winchester plant was shutting down.  No more 94s and Model 70s.  Is this true?  He said Winchester was owned by FN.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:30:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Yes - the plant is slated to shut down at the end of March, I believe.  It was announced about a week ago.

It has been owned by FN-Herestal for a while (with the name licensed by Olin corporation).  There is a CHANCE the the 94 and 70's will still be made under license, but in Japan or Europe.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking about trading my 94 Legacy for a Remington 700P.  Should I keep it since it was made in USA and buy another 94 or 9422 before they are gone?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:00:49 AM EDT
[#3]
For those interested, go to www.cdnninvestments.com/ and download the latest catalog.

They are having a sale on Winchester rifles.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:01:26 AM EDT
[#4]
So last week.
DUPE.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:31:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I should keep it since it was made in USA and buy another 94 or 9422 before they are gone?

There, fixed it for ya...
~Dg84
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:41:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So last week.
DUPE.

Yes, this was last week.  Look at the dates.  I just wanted to revive it to let guys know that CDNN is having a sale.

Pardon the fuck outta me for trying to be helpful.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:50:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Don't get hostile, Mr. Helper!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, when some &^%^&%$ comes in yelling dupe and "so last week" and doesn't even notice that the thread IS from last week, I feel hostile.

I actually thought that some people might want to know about the sale.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, when some &^%^&%$ comes in yelling dupe and "so last week" and doesn't even notice that the thread IS from last week, I feel hostile.

I actually thought that some people might want to know about the sale.

Well, I sure appreciate it - and if I hadn't bought a Model 94 a few weeks ago, I would definitely get one from them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top