Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#1]
About the cop leaving behind a rifle. I HOPE it was unloaded. A mistake? Yes. Irresponsible? Definitely. Criminal? Not quite. Gonna get some suspension days? Probably, unless his disciplinary record is spotless, then he'll probably get a written reprimand at minimum. If if was YOU who left it behind instead of him, at the same place, and like him, totally by accident... what do you think should happen to you? I don't think it's criminal behavior by any means.  

As for the kid: Hmm. It seems that somebody taught that kid something correct. He would have probably turned in ANY thing he found left behind, whether it was that rifle, or cash, or jewelry, etc. He ought to be getting a big "thank you for doing the right thing" from the Chief.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:28:40 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a pretty sizeable object to leave behind.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck that...stash it in your trunk...new AR baby...

Even though it was misplaced, it would be listed as stolen by the police. Nothing gets a JBT's hackles up more than a citizen with a nice EBR. When you got stopped with an AR listed as stolen from the police you would be screwed possession of firearm during commission of crime (if select-fire) + possession of  stolen property all in one package.

Very true....I was speaking tongue in cheek...although, an stripped lower only costs around $200...

Stag Arms stripper lowers for $85 @ eagle firearms

Not anymore

I would have kept the upper and parts as a finders fee..returned the rest(lower) and still keep the badge of honor as an upstanding citizen

Yea, that Kali thing sucked up all the Stag lowers.
Eagle Firearms is backordered for quite a while, but the lowers will be back, don't ya worry.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Leave the lower on little blocks with every removable part stripped!

And from an officer!  

Nice to see you have the same sense of humor I do.

Even the cops would have seen the humor in that.  That would have been sufficient punishment.  Stripped lower.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I would be so tempted to at least take it and run some rounds through it.

Keeping it would also be tempting but temptation can be a bad thing. I would have to give it up just to be a good person and to know I did the right thing.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Leave the barrel and extractor as well, prove you are no dummy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Why didn't he ask the coach to start a school shooting team. He had their first rifle.

The police dept. probably would have helped also.

GM
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Very true....I was speaking tongue in cheek...although, an stripped lower only costs around $200...

Stag Arms stripper lowers for $85 @ eagle firearms

Not anymore

I would have kept the upper and parts as a finders fee..returned the rest(lower) and still keep the badge of honor as an upstanding citizen

Yea, that Kali thing sucked up all the Stag lowers.
Eagle Firearms is backordered for quite a while, but the lowers will be back, don't ya worry.

I just ordered three stripped Stag lowers and mailed the FFL off yesterday, guy had them in stock @ $85 each. Total $255 S&H included
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Hell ,I would have thought it just fell off the ice creme truck. I would have took it to the lake in my boat. It's for the children.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I would call police and direct them to the rifle rather than risk a charge of 'possession of stolen property'.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Honestly, I'd have called a cop friend and had him try to find out who lost it & send the guy to me in the hope that it could be returned w/o him getting in hot water. That's one of those self-correcting things. You probably couldn't drive a needle up that guy's ass with a sledgehammer when he found out the rifle was missing.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top