Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 10:00:03 AM EDT

"He still believes that the Constitution does not protect a right to an abortion, but does not want to tell the American people because he knows how unpopular that view is," said Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y.

Excerpt from: Alito Nomination Goes to Full Senate

On the surface, this appears like a rather benign qoute.  Read a little more carefully, and apply some logic, and what we have here is Chucky stating that the Supreme Court should be ruling in favor of popularity, not Constitutional correctness.

Alito may or may not believe the Constitution protects the right to an abortion, but if any of the Justices felt that the Constitution didn't protect it, SHOULDN'T they vote it down???

Isn't that WHY they are there??

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#2]
There is nothing that Chuck can do to prevent Alito going to a full vote of the Senate, much as he has tried.  He and the rest of ilk couldn't generate enough bad news to block the nomination, this is how politics is play in the USA, it is rammed down their lousy throat like the Dems rammed the '94 AWB down the throats of the gunners. Ah how sweet is revenge.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:14:24 AM EDT
[#3]
of course no chuck schumer thread would be complete without the picture of chucky with a big shit eating grin firing a tec 9
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There is nothing that Chuck can do to prevent Alito going to a full vote of the Senate, much as he has tried.  He and the rest of ilk couldn't generate enough bad news to block the nomination, this is how politics is play in the USA, it is rammed down their lousy throat like the Dems rammed the '94 AWB down the throats of the gunners. Ah how sweet is revenge.

I'm not concerned over the confirmation.  Chucky has made it public record that he feels the Supreme Court should pattern their opinions based on popularity, rather than law.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#5]
WARNING!!

Standing between Chuck Schumer and a camera could be hazardous to your health..

According to Rush Limbaugh. Chuck Schumer has been known to push people out of his way to be the first person to stan in front of a camera.

The only person that he gets out of the way for is Hilairy Clinton.. Getting in her way will get you a trip to the park.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Have you heard some of those senators' questions?  Just utterly asinine like,

Senator Blowhard: "Can you guarantee me you'll stand up for the little guy and rule in favor of the poor and unprivileged against mighty corporations and the government?"

Alito/Roberts: "I will rule in favor of whoever's on the right side of the Constitution."

Senator Blowhard: "You monster!"
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:09:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, Chuck Schumer... who had the gall to accuse Alito of being "out of the mainstream."

Please, don't EVER forget that Chuckie is high on the list of potential nominees the Dems would love to put forth the next time they get a chance to fill a USSC seat...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/airwolf144/56560883.jpg

I almost puked when watching the scene this picture is taken from.  The absolute audacity of this man, and most democrats for that matter, is unimaginable.  They have done more to undermine the Constitution than anyone and has the nerve to hold it up in the hearings.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Chucky Shumer makes me want to throw something thru the friggen TV everytime that piece of crap gets on TV.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder if chuckie has even read the US Constitution, because I have never seen the word "abortion" in it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Abortion....the Liberal Litmus Test.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:39:22 PM EDT
[#13]
When I heard his comments during the Waco hearings, I wanted to smash the TV.

Flash-bang packets?  Fuck you Schumer, let's see you hold one while it detonates.  Cock-sucking piece of shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top