Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 9:41:57 AM EDT
Well, the price was right on a .308 model, so I've got one coming off gunbroker.  Has anyone heard anything about these guns?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#1]
It's good. You can probably adjust the trigger down below 3 lbs. go to www.savageshooters.net

The stock will probably benefit from a little epoxy bedding around the recoil lug.  

It receiver is ROUND  on the front and back to make sure you get the right scope base.  I like the weaver or b-square one piece.

rj
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link and the vote of confidence.  I just bought an M1A last November, so I don't really have a lot of money for another new gun, but...I had a couple hundred bucks of left over Christmas money, and I know Savage has a good reputation...so why not?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I think that was the rifle that was reviewed in the Dope Bag section of the American Rifleman a few months ago. It got a pretty good review (most do) but the accuracy shown with several types of ammo was impressive. For an unmodified out of the box rifle the groups shot were pretty damn good.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#4]
it is just a pre accutrigger savage 110.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Just bought one in .243.
Expect the stock to be rough.  Mold lines will still be present and there will be points around the checkering.  Sanding fixes this quickly enough.
When I first shot mine it wouldn't feed right.  I put one round in the mag and attempted to close the bolt.  The round jumped out of the action.  After 2 or 3 shots it was working fine.  One other person reported the same thing.
It's pillar bedded and free floated from the factory.
The trigger is super easy to adjust, no need for nail polish or anything, just a screwdriver.
A tiny bit of creep on the trigger.
Mine didn't shoot Remington 80 gr PSP's worth a darn (2" 6 shot group) but I'm learning that Rem green box ammo ain't that great.  I bought some Win Powerpoints to try.
Shot a coyote with it Saturday morning.
I paid $250 for mine and consider it a steal.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#6]
The local gunshop/range has one in 308 used for $250 which might be a bit high . I thought about hitting them with an offer of $225 out the door.  With my shoulder and neck issues I don't need to be shooting a relatively light 308 but I have plenty of brass, dies, SABOTS !! and .224 55gr projectiles to experiment with. Not to mention lots of powder and primers !

rj
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just bought one in .243.
Expect the stock to be rough.  Mold lines will still be present and there will be points around the checkering.  Sanding fixes this quickly enough.
When I first shot mine it wouldn't feed right.  I put one round in the mag and attempted to close the bolt.  The round jumped out of the action.  After 2 or 3 shots it was working fine.  One other person reported the same thing.
It's pillar bedded and free floated from the factory.
The trigger is super easy to adjust, no need for nail polish or anything, just a screwdriver.
A tiny bit of creep on the trigger.
Mine didn't shoot Remington 80 gr PSP's worth a darn (2" 6 shot group) but I'm learning that Rem green box ammo ain't that great.  I bought some Win Powerpoints to try.
Shot a coyote with it Saturday morning.
I paid $250 for mine and consider it a steal.

I was just going to let him know a fellow Hoosier likes to bust 'yotes with his
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top