User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged.  Orson says "Hi."

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#2]
a year ago last deer season a guy up in northwest illinois along the river was with a bunch of dudes driving deer and came across a dead cougar.  it'd been shot with an arrow, but was very fresh-fresh enough he was gonna have it put in a full body mount.  they had him on the local radio station down here in springfield, il.  he had been cougar huntin' out west and i believe he said he'd killed one or two.  but there have been all kinds of reported sightings down around here.  i don't know if they're true or not.  the only thing i can't figure out is the DNR here says the same thing they're saying up in michigan, "ummm well, we think it's because people are buying them as pets illegally and then turning them loose because they are too much of a burden."  damn, sounds like a LOT of people are running into that problem in michigan, wisconsin, indiana, illinois, missouri.......how come no one in south carolina, new jersey, mississippi or other states not in the midwest and uppermidwest are turning loose their pets and causing sightings????  but what hell do i know-i'm just a dumbass.

jake
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"My best guess is that (the horse attack) was the result of one or more very large dogs,'' he said.

Yeah right.

I had a friend in Marine City MI that owned a horse ranch and 9 horses. She also owned 2 Buviars. The dogs used to harass the horses from time to time, and the none of the horses had any misgivings about charging or bitting the dogs. I think it would take more than a couple of dogs to tear a horse to shreds.

Feral dogs can be nasty, very nasty.

At five I learned to shoot live animals shooting ferral dogs.  I lived with Grandparents we lived on the edge of the stripmines. People would bring dogs from the city and dump them. They would raid the barn yard at night. Grandpa worked graveyard at the mine, about 1/2 hour after he left here came the pack. Grandma had a light switch next to a window that over looked the "yard when she would hear the pack come in flip and she cut loose with her old 30-30 lever gun (don't know what brand but wish I had it now) she gave me a springfield single shot that was my mothers and a box of .22's I had my own window. Light came on the shooting was fast and was over in a few minutes.
I carried that gun and a pocket of ammo everywhere around the farm. I still have that gun and both of my boys learned how to shoot with it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top